Masters in 3D - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-04-13, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Masters in 3D

Anyone watching the Masters Golf Tournament in 3D? I'm considering purchasing a 3D TV, I would think golf would be the ultimate for viewing a 3D picture. How is it and what TV would you recommend?

By the way called my friend as he has 3D asked him (hoping he would invite me over). He has Bell and said he just got off the phone to them, as they are not carrying the masters in 3D. He is some pissed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-04-13, 02:45 PM

I watched a bit of it in 3D. It's kind of cool, but I've never been big into 3D.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-04-13, 04:28 PM

Last year they covered the whole back nine in 3d. This year the first two days have just covered the last 4 holes. Hopefully Sat and Sun they cover the back nine again as in the past.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-04-14, 03:02 PM

I watched a bit of it yesterday on Shaw Cable.

It's sent as a twin screen type picture which my Samsung can decode.(Rather than an offset type like from my Blu Ray Player.) Some of the video was amazing (especially fixed cameras - say looking at water hazards) other were just weird (like panning a golfer as he walked along the green. The folks in the background were out really of focus.)

The reason I went to Shaw's DX3400 box was so I could watch TV in 3D, but this is the first time in 2 years where I could see it for Free. (3D is usually pay per view - movies and not sports.)

I'm not much of a golf fan on TV (I really wanted to see Football or Hockey in 3D) so I didn't watch it for more than 10 minutes.

Regards,
Jim
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-04-15, 10:16 AM

I really want to watch some sports in 3D as well. I wasn't around while this was on yesterday and wasn't aware of it on Saturday. Hopefully they'll have something else on soon as it's been a very long time since they've had anything available in 3D. Year before i got my 3DTV they had 3 hockey games on in 3D and none since. :S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in