Two SD Receivers - Opinions on a Price Point for Sale? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2013-03-31, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Question Two SD Receivers - Opinions on a Price Point for Sale?

I'm going to be selling my neighbour's two Shaw Direct receivers for him. I wouldn't mind opinions on a price point. He has two of the so-called "essential" receivers, the 600s, plus two IRC 600 remotes. All look virtually brand new. It's possible one of the remotes was never even used, as my neighbour is extremely elderly and was "coaxed" by the installer (in my opinion) into getting two receivers when he only really needed one. So the one remote, as I said, wasn't ever really used.

Both receivers are currently deactivated because he's moving on April 1. I have concerns about anyone being willing to buy them without seeing that they work. Although, as many of us know, just because you have new equipment directly from Shaw Direct doesn't mean it will work any better than something used. :-)

I could activate them on my account if that would help sell them, but I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

They're about 1 1/2 years old, by the way.

He said he'd like $75 for both, but my gut feeling is his price point might be a bit high, particularly since they aren't activated.

Any opinions on that price point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2013-04-01, 07:58 AM

I think 75 is quite reasonable. The remotes brand new replacement are $25 a piece I think. More for the URC (UHF) model. Remotes Here. The 600 current sells in stores for $100 and as you know, once activated, they become part of the multi-receiver warranty plan.

I think $75 would be an easy sell to someone already familiar with Shaw Direct, or $40-45 if sold separately

I also think you connect it and turn on, go through the menus etc, without activating it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2013-04-01, 11:09 AM

If you were closer and I could verify all was good I'd give you $75 right now. That's a decent price for sure.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2013-04-14, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your comments. You guys were correct about the price point it appears. I posted the receivers and remotes at $75 in my local paper online and they were sold within 24 hours. The guy didn't even bargain. And I live in a really small town, so it was kind of unlikely that they would get sold so quickly locally.

Anyway, my neighbour was quite happy to get his $75.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in