Interesting Promotion Cancelled Today - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-20, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Interesting Promotion Cancelled Today

I recieved a e-mail yesterday offering anyone who purchased Center Ice Package before Febuary 28th a chance to win two tickets to your favourite Canadian NHL team to a hockey game. Today recieved a correction that doesn't mention the chance to win the tickets, but the opportunity to watch as many as 40 games a week. They also said the price would only be $50.49 which is the same as I paid before they started the regular season.

I'm not sure what their thinking, but with the season a third over that is no deal. Possibly with their first e-mail offer some would have taken the opportunity to possibly win the tickets.

I was going to ask by me buying the Center Ice Package earlier if I was in running for the a chance to win these tickets, I guess now will not bother.

Did anyone else get these two e-mails?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-20, 05:59 PM

I received both emails as well.....this despite me not being a SD subscriber since last September, and asking several times to be taken off the list....anyways, ya, I got both.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-20, 07:26 PM

That makes sense as when I read the first email it looked like a Shaw Direct subject line but with Shaw cable content.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-21, 08:50 AM

I also received them both. When I received the first, I went to the website to try to become a Shaw friend and get my 15% off. No luck. Then the oops email came in.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-22, 09:01 PM

It has nothing to do with a "cancelled promotion". Shaw Direct just accidentally sent the Shaw Cable newsletter as their own. They realized their mistake and then sent the Shaw Direct newsletter. Shaw Cable has the promotion where you can win tickets to see a hockey game, and also has 15% for "shaw friends"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-23, 12:42 AM
Veteran

That is one big oops!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-23, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Yeah; I guess paying 114 dollars a month, then this month they took out the entire fee for Center Ice Package in one swoop instead of two payments as stated.

I'm not sure I want to be their friend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in