Firmware Version 09.15 - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-18, 12:08 AM

lol... yeah, I hear that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-18, 07:59 AM

Who said the icons were updated on the day of (Pi day and St Pats day)? Maybe they were part of the last batch of 9.15 and just told to execute on the specific days. I'm a programmer (not for Motorola or Shaw) and I can do this easily, why can't they?
post #78 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-18, 09:09 AM
Rookie

My random reboot issue

Thanks for the tips guys - definitely no snow or ice on the dish as the dish itself has been clear for a few weeks now (only had this issue once this winter and it stays clear through the rest of it).

I did try to pull power, but not for a full 5 minutes (more like 30 seconds or so...) After I typed that original message, the next day it was resetting almost constantly..... so I had pulled power again (for like a minute or so) and then it managed to come back and once it was back on, I got to thinkin maybe there was something funky with the specific channel it was on and I just picked another random channel and it seems to be fine now (knock on wood).

I've had a few issues with this box in the past, but most of it I related to the various firmware bugs we've pretty much all seen (or read about on here). I was almost ready to call SD and tell them to ship another one for this, but I'll see what happens now.

post #79 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-18, 06:57 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_source View Post
Who said the icons were updated on the day of (Pi day and St Pats day)? Maybe they were part of the last batch of 9.15 and just told to execute on the specific days. I'm a programmer (not for Motorola or Shaw) and I can do this easily, why can't they?
I don't think the database and code are that sophisticated! Joke! Actually, good point.
post #80 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-19, 08:18 AM

^^^After thinking about it more, it actually makes more sense to me that it was already included in a prior update (9.15, 8.XX) b/c if it wasn't that means every receiver was receiving an update around 2am on those mornings and then again the next morning to change the icons back to normal. Highly doubtful.
post #81 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-21, 02:52 PM

Shaw Direct Recording Shamrock Icon and others.

It didn't click that Shaw would change the Icons for recording on special holidays, so when the "Pi" showed up, I thought there was an issue with my father's receiver and rebooted it to ensure it would record the shows scheduled.
I also thought it was indicating there was a problem with the Hard Drive, then I thought about the date.
Quote:
per GaryE ...It was probably in honour of "Pi Day" yesterday. Can probably look forward to a shamrock this weekend.
Well done Gary! For those of you that missed it.
[IMG][/IMG]
It would be nice if Shaw would inform us, say by message or receiver "Mail". I wonder how many calls they got on this? Shaw are very much like Bell in keeping users in the dark.

d_source, I have noticed since this 9.15 update, that around 4 am central time, the 14 day guide, is reduced to one day then repopulates up to 14 days again. The Shamrock appeared for the next recording after St.Paddys Day, but disappeared when I went forward in the guide, then returned to current time.

Overall there have been less issues with 9.15 than previous firmware.

If Life is a Highway,...then why is there no end to this dirtroad?
post #82 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-21, 10:27 PM
Veteran

They have done these holiday icons for a few years now.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #83 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-23, 08:28 PM
Rookie

I am glad I am not the only with the issue of the remote slow to respond . I notice the same thing.
post #84 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-24, 01:08 AM

Oh darn I forgot to make a record on St. Pats day to see the shamrock!! And that's cute that they also did Pi Day they must really be nerds there. :-)

Do you think theyll do one for Easter or will the next one be your Canada Day??
post #85 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-04-26, 03:05 PM

It looks like 09.15 has solved all my stability issues.

Judging by the lack of posts in this thread, I'm assuming it has fixed most other people's problems as well.
post #86 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-04-26, 03:17 PM

Not necessarily! lol. I had posted in the original 630 forum that I had issues with the two tuners not being isolated from each other. Watching an HD show live, and as soon as my timer for an SD show kicked it, the pixilation started up. Surprisingly enough, when I went back to watch the SD show later, it was fine. So somehow the background recording messed up the foreground viewing. Or it might have been an SD/HD issue.
post #87 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-04-26, 09:23 PM

rickh, My spontaneous reboot problems still persist, just not so often. All my recordings have a small red line at the start.
post #88 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-04-28, 08:20 AM

pixilation caused by recordingn another channel

I ocassionaly still get the problem mentioned by meandher57 in the above post. I suspect most people who still experience this have given up saying anything because it never seems to get addressed in any of the updates. Lack of comments dosn't necessarly mean the problem has ben solved.Ty H
post #89 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-04-28, 06:13 PM
Veteran

I agree... SD really needs to figure this out!

I had mentioned that I installed the new Triple Quad xKu LNB last week in another thread and I was hoping the much higher Ecb/numbers I was seeing with the new LNB would solve the pixilation problem but unfortunately it hasn't. It's still happening and still with one particular channel I record or watch a lot, Dejaview. I was watching The Jefferson's yesterday morning on Dejaview while recording wrestling on WGN HD. Didn't see any pixilation while I was watching Dejaview but when I went to watch the recording of wrestling on WGN HD today it pixilated for brief second or so every half minute or so. Very annoying. I wish SD would get this fixed!! I don't know if it's because the channels are on different satellites or if one channel is SD and the other is HD. I record tons of HD programming on Friday nights, a couple of dual HD recordings and never have any pixel problems watching them back.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #90 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-04-28, 06:28 PM

Yep, I get pixellation problems on recordings here (both HD & SD) too. Can't say I've ever noticed on live TV but I'll look out for it. CBC HD seems to be one of my worst culprits with pixellation on recordings every couple of minutes. I note that I've only ever had this since the last update. Before that, everything was hunky-dory.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in