Firmware Version 09.15 - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-02-25, 11:37 AM

Location: VancouverBC/PV Shaw Sat 600-630 Cable Internet, Telus Landline, Rogers PayGo, Bell Mobility, Netflix
I noticed a problem during the Oscars last night. We were watching while recording. It was a scheduled recording event. When we fast forward during the commercials, when it reached the end without pressing play, it would revert to the Recording menu screen. But when I selected the recording again, it restarted from the beginning rather than the last viewed segment.

I expected it to revert to the live feed while continuing recording (like the 530). Definitely not expected behaviour...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-02-25, 12:31 PM

We were watching an on-demand movie on the weekend, and about half an hour into it we got a flash of green screen followed by a black screen and finally a message on the tv screen saying it couldn't support the resolution. Audio kept playing but the video was gone. Had to reboot and try to find the same spot to keep watching the movie. I'm not sure if that was an internet issue or satellite.

Walking Dead recorded since the update was pixilated as well. No joy there.
post #48 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-02-25, 02:35 PM
Rookie

The HD signal drops seem to be getting worse instead of better. The whole system is like one never ending beta test.

post #49 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-02-26, 12:44 AM
Veteran

Bell PVRs were the same way for 3 or 4 years. At least they finally got most of the bugs out. So far, Shaw Direct was late to market and hasn't supported a PVR long enough to get the bugs out. We can only hope that the 630 will be different. Provided they stop adding new features, it might happen in the next year or two.
post #50 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-02-26, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcowan View Post
I noticed a problem during the Oscars last night. We were watching while recording. It was a scheduled recording event. When we fast forward during the commercials, when it reached the end without pressing play, it would revert to the Recording menu screen. But when I selected the recording again, it restarted from the beginning rather than the last viewed segment.

I expected it to revert to the live feed while continuing recording (like the 530). Definitely not expected behaviour...
I've seen this in FW prior to 9.15. I just don't let it get to the end of the recording while watching (and still recording). So this isn't new in the latest FW.
post #51 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-02-26, 11:14 AM
Veteran

I do this all the time with auto racing. I started watching the Daytona 500 at 3:30 pm and caught up just as the post race show was ending. 500 miles in 2:45 h.
But I use jump forward as opposed to FW. "3 + skip" on my Harmony remote will usually pass the commercial break. Not had any issues with 9.15 so far.
post #52 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-02-26, 12:08 PM

No issues thus far with 9.15 for me either.

I do the same thing with hockey games. I always watch them recorded now. Start about 1.5hrs into a game and catch up by the end. 2.5-3hr games turns into a 1-1.1hr game. A thing of beauty really.What do you do with the extra 1.5hrs of your life that used to be wasted on commercials, intermissions and b/w whistles (yes i skip b/w the whistles as well - set the skip button to 20secs).
post #53 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-02-27, 06:01 PM
Rookie

I noticed late last night that I was getting no sat found messages on some channels, and not subscribed on other channels. We were in the middle of a snow storm so I just figured it was snow on the dish and just switched to watching recorded programs.
This morning I see a new message waiting icon on the screen, read the message, and it said that I needed to recreate all my recording events. I checked the firmware, it is 0915. The messages last night about some channels not being subscribed leads me to think it got the update last night. Why would it erase all my recording events? I generally have over a hundred events set up. Given that there is a storage device within the receiver, why don't they backup the recording events onto the hard drive, and restore it after clearing the events off with the update? Even if they are altering the structure of the record events, they could just convert the existing data to the new format. The amount of data is very small in relation to a recorded half hour show. It would take a programmer less time to create a simple applet to do this than it takes for me to have recreate the list of record events.

I hope this update fixes the daily lockups I have been getting.
post #54 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-04, 01:24 AM

I was getting no sat found on a few channels today...no rhyme or reason...clear day with signals in the high 80's
post #55 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-04, 06:30 AM

Location: Calgary - Shaw phone/internet, OTA attic / Pigeon Lake - CCI Wireless, VoIP.ms, OTA, FTA, LTSS
We are in the final days of the spring solar transit which could be affecting people complaining about problems over the last week.

This is location and time of day dependent.
post #56 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-04, 12:27 PM

Has anyone else experienced these dropouts... flash of green screen... flash of black screen... usually only happens for 3 - 4 seconds then goes back to normal (most of the time)
I have seen it on live programming... recorded programming.... and even on on-demand.
post #57 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-04, 02:06 PM

I saw it the other night on a recording but the seconds were still ticking by. I just thought it was coming from the broadcast station.
post #58 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-04, 03:33 PM

Flashes of either green, blue or red on my dad's system this past weekend, and then back to normal. At least it didn't reboot, but still annoying.

If Life is a Highway,...then why is there no end to this dirtroad?
post #59 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-15, 12:24 AM

Question New Record Icon

Does anyone know what the new record icon that has a 1/8th slice of pie cut in to it is about? It is on "Upcoming" events, "PVR Options" and on the PVR list on current recordings. It just started tonight (Mar. 14th) never notice it before and I have had 9.15 for a few weeks so I don't know if it is apart of this update helping indicate when something bad is happening to my recordings? or is it just a new recording icon that has suddenly decided to appear. The guide still shows the traditional record icon.

anyone else seen this or know what it means something?
post #60 of 104 (permalink) Old 2013-03-15, 11:21 AM

I have the slice of pie icon on both the items I was recording last night, but everything recorded fine. At first I thought maybe it was some kind of st pattys theme, but I don't know what it means.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in