Horrible problems on FX Canada HD - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-13, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Horrible problems on FX Canada HD

Hi we're trying to watch THe Americans on FX HD ch. 334 and its horrible, all stuttery a lot.

I know there's been talk in the free previews thread about how some people are having probs with the channel but tonite its really bad so I thought I'd start a thread about it.

Oh our signal strength is 81 and EB 6.2 on this xpdr so it isn't us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 12:10 AM

I just posted in another topic about this problem. Wish I had seen this post earlier as I am experiencing a similar problem. Been having this problem intermittently for a few days now.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 12:49 AM

It's happened every episode of this show so far for me. Don't seem to have any problems with any other shows on this channel or any other channel.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 07:03 AM

if multiple ppl are having the same problem, and this channel is otherwise ok, is the problem at the uplink?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Dr Sat our dish is alined as good as it can get. I don't know much about Ebnos but the 81 is a good signal number. The problem on FX is NOT like a low signal problem like we had when a tree grew up a couple months ago. We are NOT seeing pixels or dropouts. Also I think the other people posting might be in Canada and theyre seeing the problem too. And did you see someone say that it's only on this one show? So it isn't our systems its something at Shaw.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Gonkster thats very interesting. We don't watch FX other times but you do and there haven't been problems except on The Americans?

We could write to Shaw but we're always a little nervous about that. Didn't some one in Canada write to them about it already? I thought I saw that in another thread.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 01:32 PM

I am with Videotron and like you guys I have issues with The Americans; which is the only show I watch on FX so can not comment if there are problems with others.

I honestly thought it was Videotron only issue!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 02:17 PM
Veteran

The poor picture quality came to an end around 11:20pm EST last night and so far today it hasn't come back. Let's hope they have this figured out now.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Dr Sat like I said our equipment is fine. Its less than a year old and of course in Calif. were using a 75cm dish. Fyi we do get over 8 ecb on some channels. But others its much lower yet they still come in fine. So maybe you were told they had to be certain numbers but that isn't always true.

As you can see from the other postings it isn't just us and like I said it does NOT look like low signal! There are no dropouts like with a low signal. Im sure you are getting higher readings in Ontario but come to Calif. and see how well you do!!

Also now that Rainey has said he's seeing the same problems on Videotron thats very interesting so probably a problem with FX not Shaw.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-15, 11:57 AM

I watched a pvr of the Americans. This problem happened about 4 times. First time was a few minutes.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-15, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Hi leafs that sounds about right. It was bad for a few minutes then got better but got bad a few more times but not for that long. It got bad again at the end but we were able to figure out what the lady from Justified did even though we couldn't make out what anyone was saying.

We didn't think to look at FX US at 10:00 but probably it was fine. If we remember next week and FXC still has probs we'll look at FX US too.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-15, 06:29 PM

Those problems only occurred during regular programming, the commercials were fine. It must be a head end problem.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-16, 02:53 PM
Rookie

We have two Shaw receivers in the house and both have the same problems with FX HD. Audio constantly drops out, and frame stutters. I found this topic by googling to see if there was any information why. I guess it's a problem on Shaw's end. All other HD channels work fine.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-17, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Hi lard are you watching FX alot or just during the Americans? I'm curious if its happening to you with alot of programs.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 2013-02-17, 12:29 PM

Trying to watch "The Transporter 2" on FX Canada. It is unwatchable.
It is Sunday, 12:25pm Atlantic time. It is definitely not a signal issue.
No pixelation. Sound is really bad and cannot be understood. Small white dots can be seen on screen when the background is black while this problem is happening. This has been an ongoing problem for several days now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in