Which channels will go on the new satellite? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-04-26, 10:57 AM
Veteran

There isn't enough room on Anik F1R and F2 to offer the full suite of games in HD. They will need to move the packages to G1 in order to offer them in 100% HD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-04-27, 10:43 AM

Quote:
There isn't enough room on Anik F1R and F2 to offer the full suite of games in HD. They will need to move the packages to G1 in order to offer them in 100% HD.
Not true.

This exactly the same as the complaint on US boards about the lack of Astros and Blue Jays feeds in HD on DirecTV's MLB package - lack of MPEG4 encoders.

You will notice no complaints from Dish or Bell customers about HD sports missing feeds. Shaw is the worst offender (of course) followed by DTV. Both are TOO CHEAP to offer free or inexpensive MPEG4 receiver upgrades to existing paying sports package customers.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-04-30, 11:40 AM
Rookie

Yes and no... while they swapping out receivers... Shaw Direct sells their receives for WAY less than Bell.

I realize the Bell 6400 HD might be a more rebust device than the DSR600... But Shaw is selling the 600 for $50 right now, vs $200 for Bell's HD receiver.

So being able to get 4 receivers from one provider, or 1 receiver from another... To me it looks like Shaw is subsidizing it's receivers quite a bit.

https://secure.shawdirect.ca/english/store/extras.asp

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-04-30, 09:01 PM

The 600s are down to $50? Ohh.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-05-25, 10:13 PM
Rookie

LNB

Hello,
Was talking to Tech Support yesterday. To pickup new satellite we will only require an LNB change.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-05-26, 09:44 AM
Veteran

That has been long known, at very least since they announced the XKu LNBF a couple years ago, and speculated by those like myself have strong technical knowledge of how satellite TV works, and that it was announced that G1 will be located with F1R
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-05-26, 11:28 AM
Premium Supporter

There is a easy way to tell if your lnb will work just go to the web site it tells you which channels to check. To determine if a hardware upgrade is needed, simply open your Shaw Direct Guide, navigate to channel 988/987 (English/French) and press the Info button on your remote
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-05-29, 11:17 AM

Which channels are on G1?

Hi I was curious whether we could get any new channels in the Bay area so I tried some that I think are on the new sat but the rcvr says they're on F1 is it just confused? Here are some that people mentioned that are new are they on G1?

98 CBC windsor
540 TFO HD
632 HIFI HD
633 EQHD
634 RADXHD

On some stations I get 30 but most are 0 and of course 30 isnt enough to lock the signal but they all say F1R is that b'cuz the rcvr can't get a signal to know its G1?

Last edited by Bayguy; 2013-05-29 at 05:22 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in