sound and PQ issues on 285 and 287 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-01-22, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

sound and PQ issues on 285 and 287

Recently I've had intermittent picture quality issues -- pixelation, weird artifacts -- and sound dropouts on classic-guide channels 285 ABC and 287 FOX. It was particularly bad while trying to watch "The Following" on 287 last night (1/21/2013) at 9pm EST.

I have a DSR 505.

Singal strength is good in HD channels (high 80s), and on SD channels it is ok (high 50s / low 60s).

Interestingly, when I check signal strength on HD channels there is no "provider id", but on SD channels provider id is 4128.

Anyone else have these issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-01-22, 12:14 PM
Rookie

I had the same issue on 287 during The Following as well. I switched over to the CTV feed and it was fine.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-01-22, 03:27 PM

I've noticed sound dropouts over the last week (maybe longer) on NBC HD east and ABC HD east (ch 320 and 321). Thought it was a receiver issue but my 630 and my 600 both had the same issue last night.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-01-22, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I'm glad it isn't a receiver issue, as I'm south of the 49th.

I'm surprised that CTV didn't simsub over FOX's broadcast.

CITY has been simsubbing over CBS lately and it has been causing messing things up for my home-rolled DVR, but I'll start another thread for that.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-01-22, 07:13 PM

I'm getting audio dropouts on Fox East HD right now and have been since yesterday. Haven't noticed it on any other channel, but I only watch the network feeds in HD.

Some of the dropouts are exceedingly long, upward of 10 seconds before the audio returns.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-01-22, 09:17 PM

Same issue here for several days. You would think that ShawDirect would address the issue with a post so we know what is happening and give us an idea of the technical problem they are experiencing and when the problem will be rectified if they have a solution. All I ask is that we be informed when an ongoing problem exists for more than three days. Not too much to ask.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-01-23, 08:24 PM

Angry

Same issues here in Windsor,On. Past four or five days intermittent sound dropouts on HD channels. Will watch closer and report back. Happening on both 630 and 605. Watching 285 Detroit East right now and is happening (audio dropouts).
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-01-24, 01:18 AM

Got it going on with ABC East HD right now. Annoying!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-01-24, 08:28 AM

Had the same problem last night as well, trying to watch 320 NBC HD the news last night at 6.30pm. Sound was continually going off and on, checked other channels forund the same on 321 the remaining channels were fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in