Center Ice - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-02-02, 12:03 PM

Last night was the 1st games after the free preview and allthough it was Sportsnet feed the Sens-Canes game was only available on CI Sportsnet had the blackout message. One thing I've noticed most games that are not in HD are from either MSG or CSN networks...must be some kind of politics going on with that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-02-02, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Yup I couldn't get the Sportsnet feed this time as I am in the west region.. was fun while it lasted, will not spend a dime this year on them
post #108 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-02-02, 06:05 PM

Felt the same way but caved and bought it,good deal for $50,about 1/4 the price for 1/2 a season (going by last years full season price)

post #109 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-02-28, 11:42 PM

Center Ice - Cut off Oilers game 12 midnight ET 28 Feb 2013

I was watching the Edmonton Oilers game on Center Ice Thursday night and the broadcast was suddenly terminated at midnight about halfway through the third period. I received the message that :"you are not currently subscribed to this channel" The guide showed the broadcast should have been terminated at 12:30am Friday morning and not at 12:00am.
I pay for Center Ice and have the game turned off prematurely. Somebody is responsible for setting a timer I am sure and I don't think it would take a genius to do that. It gets frustrating experiencing all the minor glitches with Shaw Direct as they total up to a big headache. SD needs to get its act together.
post #110 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-01, 12:28 AM

And you just knew the game was going to get silly towards the end and sure enough the box score shows: DAL Jamie Benn, 5 min for crosschecking + 10 min misconduct at 16:00. Damn you Shaw Direct!
post #111 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-01, 12:46 AM

Wasn't that just awsome timing? Come on SD get your stuff together!!!
post #112 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-01, 08:01 AM

I'm in Ontario and it cut off for me as well. Was really really p1ssed! I'm sending them an email this morning and may also post it on their twitter account. You should all do the same. This b/s is def not appreciated!
post #113 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-01, 09:38 AM

Location: Penticton, BC, SC 505 HD, Westinghouse 32" HD LCD Widescreen, Yamaha RVX3800, eleganza 5.1 speakers
I would contact SD complain and ask for restitution - credit the cost of the game back to your account, free PPV, something that makes sense to you.

If they say it was a NHLCI issue, I would inform them that you get your TV service form SD not from the NHL so not my problem. LOL

Yamaha RVX3800, Eleganza Speakers, Epson Pro Cinema 1080p, 106" Accuscreen
post #114 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-01, 10:33 AM

Already sent them an email. Their response:

Thank you for taking the time to email us, we can certainly assist you.

First we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this. After looking into this on our end the game did not cut out. It may have for you due to a technical issue. We would like to resolve this and see what may have caused the game to cut out. We would like to ask some questions to see what has happened. When the game cut out, what color light do you have on the front of the receiver, red or green? What channels are you receiving? What channels are you not receiving? Is it cutting in and out, or is there just completely no picture? What type of message appears on the screen?

Once we have this information we will be able to better assist you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us and please include any previous correspondence with your replies.

I replied back: "My @ss the game did not cut out" (in cleaner language).
post #115 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-01, 11:47 AM

Sounds like SD is blowing smoke up you know where.
post #116 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-01, 02:10 PM

Yep. After i responded with what happened they responded with:

This is a very unusual error and we have forwarded this off to our product development team to investigate this situation. They will work diligently to make sure this does not happen again. We are truly sorry for this error occurring and you having to miss the end of the Oilers game.

Right...until the next time it happens. Next time will be the third f*&k up on NHL CI this season. I warrant that as some kind of reimbursement for the entire season.
post #117 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-01, 03:14 PM

BTW - I hope others who were watching the game also complained to SD so they don't just dismiss this as a problem on my end, which it obviously wasn't.
post #118 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-01, 07:57 PM

I e-mailed SD also. received the same excuses but no offer of a solution or reimbursement. I even told them I hate "Form Letter" responses. Did not matter though as I received one anyway with a few personal remarks thrown in so as to make it look like it was not so. I really believe that SD does not care if people change their providers. They did not even address my comments re changing providers. I am certainly going to look into Fibre-Op. I have a few neighbours that have fibre-op and will check with them as to their experience with it. This is not my first time experiencing problems with Center Ice. I originally switched to SD because of their superior customer service compared to Bell. Shaw Direct is catching up rapidly to Bell's poor customer relations.
As d-source stated, everybody who had or has a problem with Center Ice should e-mail SD. Their lame responses will probably blame somebody else.
Here is the reply I received to my e-mail:

Thank you very much for your feedback, I can definitely take a look into this issue for you.
I apologize for the technical error with the Edmonton Oiler game on the Center Ice HD channel being cut off early last night. I can definitely understand how frustrating this would be, as most people who love hockey know anything can happen during the last few minutes of a hockey game. I have a friend who is obsessed with the Flames, and it doesn’t matter if they are winning 4 to 1 or losing 1 to 4 they have to watch the game to the very last second. Every point counts especially if you are in a hockey pool.

We are having our technical escalation team take a look into why this has occurred, and they will be monitoring the Edmonton game tonight, as it was only the HD Center Ice feed that was cut off early the SD Center channel was fine. At this time we are unsure why this happened, but we will be doing our due diligence to figure out why this happened so we can prevent this happening with future games.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you to make this right, as we certainly do not want you to switch providers due to these issues.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us and please include any previous correspondence with your replies.

Thank you for choosing Shaw Direct,

Ain't that a hoot, LOL
post #119 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-02, 12:52 AM

What is a technical escalation team...in other words oh well switch to SD next time it happens because we didn't see it and have no idea what happened
post #120 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-03-02, 09:50 AM

I can save them the trouble. They switched the feed to an HD PPV. It was a half hour early, so there was the f*#k up.

I record all games and watch them delayed, so I wouldn't know of the error until it's too late. I wouldn't even have thought of going to the SD feed as I only watch hockey in HD and they just shouldn't have messed it up. Period!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in