Center Ice - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-08, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawguyg View Post
Slugger you think $150 for 3 mnths...that's crazy to pay that much even if your team starts well
I agree, I just think that's going to be close to the price point. The NHL's/Shaw's rationale will be 3 x $50 < 8 x $30 and so there's your discount for this season. But that's assuming the price was going to be the same as last year, which I doubt, given the massive hike in the NFLST this year.

What do I think it's worth? Max $60 for the season. That just won't happen, imho. The way I see it, the last 3 or 4 years I've paid $30/mth from Sep - Apr for NFLST + NHLCI. Basically I just count it as Sep - Dec for NFL and NHL is free then I pay Jan - Apr for NHL, which works out to about $120 (actually less because Apr isn't a full month's charge). Considering I popped $200 for NFL this year, I really feel like I've already paid for NHLCI and it should just be turned on free of charge. I definitely know that isn't going to happen. So either way I feel like I'm being over charged for NHLCI unless it's free. Am I still going to pay? Yeah, as long as it's not ridiculous. I mean I'm an Oilers fan in Kingston so I either pay or I don't get to see the games...

Last edited by 57; 2013-01-09 at 03:11 PM. Reason: OT sentence removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-09, 10:00 AM

Even though it's a condensed season, it should go late this year. Meaning instead of ending in the first or second week of April it'll likely go to the end of April and maybe a week into May. At $30 x 4 months, SD will still get $120. That's already a lot of money for just over half the season. If they raise the prices most just won't bother with it, myself included, and i've been a sub for the past 3-4yrs.

Last edited by 57; 2013-01-09 at 03:10 PM. Reason: OT sentence removed
post #18 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-09, 06:11 PM

I agree will not pay for it if they get silly. I've suscribed for three years now, but I can do without if they get unreasonable My TV has found other shows I can enjoy thanks to the lockout.

post #19 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-09, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

There is enough coverage of our canadian teams between sportsnet, TSN and CBC
post #20 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-09, 06:34 PM

Sticking with the "free" games myself. Should be lots on the aforementioned sports networks
and hopefully the Hawks on some WGN games. I would bet to try win fans back they will televise a lot of games.
post #21 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-09, 09:29 PM

Here's a link that explains what could and wont happen regarding NHLCI.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/6/384...ly-cant-happen
post #22 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-09, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Well Bettman held a press conference today and said "there are plans in place" to make things up to the fans. He says he's followed the tweets, the blogs and the facebook groups, maybe they will offer it, who knows. What other "plans" could they possibly have. Nothing else comes to mind as a realistic possibility.
post #23 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-09, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny001 View Post
That's subjective, I suppose. Without NHLCI, if I'm lucky I'd get to see 20% of Edmonton's games here in Ontario. All I'd get are games on CBC on Saturdays and any games TSN decides to show nationally. Sportsnet owns the rest of the games and can only show them in the "Edmonton Oilers region", which doesn't include me.
post #24 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-09, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

You are right, habs fan here, and RDS does it for me. Luckily, I am bilingual
post #25 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-09, 10:54 PM

Quote:
That's the reason I started getting Center Ice in the first place. A person can only take so much Flames, Oilers, Leafs hockey and considering their performances over the last few years, there is far better teams/games out there to watch than games in your market most nights.

I'm curious to see what their plans are to make it up to the fans. It took me 3 years to find my way back after the last lockout and as of today I have no interest at all in rejoining them when the season finally starts. Not too mention it will likely be crappy hockey with all those games scheduled so close together and no time for practice or player's bodies to heal/refresh. No Center Ice for me this year.
post #26 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-10, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Well Bettman held a press conference today and said "there are plans in place" to make things up to the fans. He says he's followed the tweets, the blogs and the facebook groups, maybe they will offer it, who knows. What other "plans" could they possibly have. Nothing else comes to mind as a realistic possibility.
I think you are underestimating the arrogance that this league (and players) have and will show it's fans.
post #27 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-10, 09:30 AM

HowieDoin - I agree with you 100%! I highly doubt it'll be discounted (I don't think there is any chance of it being free). I'm concerned they may raise the price this year b/c of there arrogance. Hence, more reason for a boycott on Jan. 19th.
post #28 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-10, 03:43 PM

Count me in....not another dime from me. No more tickets, shirts, bumper stickers, beer mugs with team logos...
post #29 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-13, 04:06 PM

For those willing to sub to NHL CI, you should send SD a twitter msg (or email but twitter calls them out in public) and tell them you'll only sub if there is a price drop this season.
post #30 of 246 (permalink) Old 2013-01-13, 04:58 PM
AFF

I read it is four payments of $14.99 each.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in