Shaw Direct New Channels Discussion - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-04-26, 08:33 AM

I agree but I think all that Shaw does is rebroadcast Direct TV feeds and that's where the issue is, between them and MSG and Comcast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-04-29, 11:37 AM

Looks like no games scheduled on CI for the NHL playoffs on the TV. guide.....so if that's true maybe they can add a few more HD channels before Anik G1 becomes operational.
post #78 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-04-29, 11:41 AM

More likely is the channels will revert back to PPV.

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!

post #79 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-04-29, 12:33 PM

CI is for regular season only
post #80 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-05, 01:14 PM

Just called in to get my LNB upgraded to access the channels on the new satellite and was told that May 29 would be the day new channels would be available from it. No idea how many or what channels but that date was mentioned about 3 or 4 times in the conversation.
post #81 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-05, 02:56 PM

how much?
post #82 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-07, 01:02 PM
Veteran

Channel moves.

Looks like they are getting ready to add new channels. They have moved their SD PPV channels to the 900s and have moved the 3D Channel from 333 on the Advanced lineup to 433.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #83 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-08, 03:23 PM

I also got this email about Peachtree moving and 200 channels being added:

Peachtree is moving.

On April 15, our third satellite was officially launched into space. Later this spring, over 200 HD channels will be available.

Due to additional channel offerings, our current Classic channel lineup has been updated. As of May 7, Peachtree will move to channel 655 from channel 650.

For more information, please call 1-888-554-7827
post #84 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-08, 04:38 PM

Exciting times. More HD channels on Shaw Direct is long over due. Next up is adding hundreds of HD channels to Shaw Cable
post #85 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-08, 05:26 PM
Veteran

Does anyone have the channel #s for the PPV SD and HD channels?

Also as a sidenote; I'm not sure how Shaw Direct is going to incorporate all the new LPIF channels and HD channels but I really think they should take this opportunity to discontinue the classic line-up and just have one line-up.
post #86 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-08, 06:57 PM

or better yet discontinue the so called advanced lineup and just have the classic lineup. My reason for arguing this is that we are the people who have been with Shaw and Star Choice for well over a decade; the "advanced" channel lineup people have only been with the company for 2 or 3 years. The reason for introducing the second number lineup was asinine...."they didn't want to confuse former cable customer with very high numbers"...or something like that... LOL
post #87 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-08, 07:10 PM

Only Shaw would create a dog's breakfast like the 2 different channel lineup's. My grandparents are just getting used of the Classic line up after 10 years. If Shaw decides to now standardize the lineup it will create chaos for many viewers.

NovaMan: Rest assured that Shaw will make the decision which creates the greatest amount of inconvenience to its customers. LOL
post #88 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-08, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaMan View Post
or better yet discontinue the so called advanced lineup and just have the classic lineup. My reason for arguing this is that we are the people who have been with Shaw and Star Choice for well over a decade; the "advanced" channel lineup people have only been with the company for 2 or 3 years. The reason for introducing the second number lineup was asinine...."they didn't want to confuse former cable customer with very high numbers"...or something like that... LOL
BDUs change their channels all the time. They were doing you and other customers a favour by letting you keep the old format.

Shaw could just as easily force you all to switch to the Advanced lineup. Problem solved.
post #89 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-09, 08:14 AM
Veteran

They needed a new layout to do two things as I see.

First, to rearrange locals by city, instead of by network.

Second, to make adding a large number of channels easier. The classic lineup is full of holes.
post #90 of 612 (permalink) Old 2013-05-11, 11:35 PM

I don't understand all the fuss over the "Classic" versus "Advanced" line-ups.

On my 630, I have groups of Favourites (for example: Networks, HDTV, Variety, etc.) and look through these much more manageable lists rather than memorize channel numbers. Generally speaking, 90% of everything I watch is on an HDTV channel anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, ditch the standard-def channels and free up some much needed bandwidth.

My $ 0.02.
Closed Thread

Tags
chicago , fox 32 , shaw replaces wgn , wgn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in