Shaw Direct 2013 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 16 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #226 of 227 (permalink) Old 2013-12-20, 06:58 PM

Lucky you. I live in an area in Nova Scotia where there is no HD OTA and no internet. All I want is CTV, Global, CityTV and CTV2 in HD. The cheapest for that with Shaw is $46/month tax in for 2 TV's (Digital Lite) and they don't even carry CTV-2 in HD on Shaw.
Talk about a rip off!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 227 (permalink) Old 2013-12-20, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceLH View Post
I think that I'm about to finally cut the cord with Shaw Direct. Once Christmas is over, I'm making the call. I'm sick of paying for channels that I don't want and the ever increasing prices. I only want the news channels, CBC and CTV Toronto, plus TSN and Sportsnet. Forget the rest of the garbage on the system.
I'd like to make a suggestion -- phone Shaw Direct and speak to the Customer Relations department specifically. They can often give you a deal (like a discount for a number of months or something) where the "normal" CSRs can't. Particularly this time of the year -- maybe due to it's being the end of the year and the fact that they have budgets that they haven't used or because they're in the so-called "Xmess spirit" -- they can be particularly generous.

You have to give them a reason to do it, a spin as it were. Not just "I'm not happy," but rather "I only watch now for sports and my wife/husband is pressuring me into cutting you off to save the money" or "you know, I can get Bell/Telus for X amount per month for six months and they'll even do it for a year and it's a way better deal and my wife/husband is pressuring me to do it." Note the theme on the wife/husband thing. Make it sound like your back's against the wall. Tell them what you want -- like $10 off per month for a certain amount of time or whatever it is.

You might be surprised at how accomodating they can be. It also depends on how long you've been with them too and if you pay on time too, by the way. But try -- and *definitely* don't wait until after the new year.

Remember -- you specifically want the Customer Relations department.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in