6xx receiver 8.26 update...
Shaw Direct On Demand (VOD) Interests Menu Revamp
- The VOD "Interests" menu has been redesigned to make it easier to browse all 4000+ titles available on Shaw Direct On Demand.
- The first column now allows you to select Movies, TV, Music, or Premiums.
- The second column will show the channels or networks available.
- The third column will still show the genre or other filters, but has been simplified to be easier to navigate.
- This layout also makes it easier to find "free" content, by instantly knowing who a particular title is provided by. If the customer subscribes to that channel, the content will be available on VOD. If they do not subscribe, it will appear grey.
- Themed, featured content groupings (like holiday titles or 007 Bond) will be more prominent and easier to find under the Movies > Shaw Direct VOD search.
VOD Usability Enhancements
- "Marathoning" multiple episodes of a series has been made easier with more consistent display of Season/Episode information (making it easier to watch in order).
- When stopping VOD playback, you will now be returned to the same search query you started from (making it easier to get to and start the next episode).
- Trickplays (skip forward, skip back, absolute skip, and absolute jump) are now dramatically faster.
Other VOD Enhancements
- Icon placement on the VOD Menu Bar (accessed by pressing "D") has been tweaked. "Interests" now appears first, with "Network" moved to be accessible by pressing the LEFT arrow once.
- If you reboot your receiver without satellite signal, VOD will now continue to work for a few days. This means customers experiencing rain or snow fade can continue to enjoy programming until the problem is resolved.
- Channels which have additional audio tracks available (such as DVS or French) will display the "multi-audio" icon on the info banner after you tune in
- Pressing SOURCE on the remote control will allow you to select an alternate audio track.
- Your settings will be returned to your defaults (as set in OPTIONS 4-1) when you change channels.
- Note that additional audio tracks will always present on a particular channel. However, not all programs have additional audio tracks. For example, Teletoon broadcasts with a secondary DVS audio track. However, only certain programs airing on Teletoon will actually have DVS audio available on that track.
HDPVR 630 External Hard Drive Support
- HDPVR 630 customers can now connect a single eSATA hard drive to expand their recording capacity, up to 2 TB (2000 GB)
- A 2 TB drive would provide over 1360 SD, or 360 HD hours of additional recording capacity!
- Drives must:
- Be connected via eSATA (not USB)
- Be externally powered (i.e. with a cord that plugs into an electrical outlet)
- Be 2.0 TB or smaller
· Drives should:
- Be rated for PVR/DVR usage. These are drives specifically designed to be quieter, run cooler, and support multiple HD streams and 24/7 usage.
- eSATA hotplug is not supported in this release, meaning the receiver must be rebooted if a drive is connected or disconnected. The onscreen menus will then guide the customer through the setup or divorce instructions.
Edit by 57: A separate thread has been created to discuss the eHDD specifically:
Partially Deleted Recordings Fix (HDPVR 630 only)
- The issue with “partially deleted” recordings still taking up space on the hard drive has been resolved in this release. Any “partially deleted” files sitting on the hard drive will be automatically deleted after taking the 08.26 download.
- Customers may notice the amount of free space change as a result of this fix, and think that some of their PVR contents have been deleted. Please assure them this is not the case and that the amount of free space is now reading correctly.