NFL Sunday ticket 2012 - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-25, 05:26 PM
Rookie

Just called SD and tried to get the $30/M deal.

Girl told me they have a contract with NFL in which they cannot offer anything else but the Deluxe package.

I explained to her that I will be paying for 2/3 services I don't even want (RZHD & Online) for $20 more a month.

I also stated that now I am FORCED to pay over $200 for NFL and THEN another $30/M for NHL on top of that.

So instead of paying $120 for ALL NFL and HALF NHL, then another $120 for the rest of NHL thus spending $240 for 2 sports. I will now be paying $200 for NFL and $240+ for NHL.

So as a customer I told her I go from paying $240 to now $440+. I said I was extremely angry and the fact that they offer a deal for the last 3 years then take it away and on top of that charge me more really pissed me off.

She apologized and said there was nothing she could do as she spoke to her supervisor as well. I then told her I might just cancel my service and go to another provider or go with NFL Game pass online just so I wouldn't give them the $.

I told her I am going to wait and see until NHL is offered. I feel like I am about to be royally screwed over. I may be forced to just pay the $50/M and forget NHL this season.

What a JOKE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-25, 08:20 PM
Veteran

I really don't get why Shaw, Shaw Direct and Bell don't offer the super sports pack like Rogers, Cogeco, Videotron and Eastlink.
post #63 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-26, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Yep its Sad on how Shaw is going all about this
LambeauLeap85 keep on calling them until u get the $30 month deal
i got it and a few other did too here !!

i dont like the fact that u cant pay the sports Packs in ( NFL NHL )...
1 shot
like BellTV does or are friends in the US !

post #64 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-26, 06:19 PM
Veteran

Bell TV doesn't offer the super sports pack. They do offer most of the sports packages BUT you have to pay for every one at full price.
post #65 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-27, 04:36 PM

Location: Penticton, BC, SC 505 HD, Westinghouse 32" HD LCD Widescreen, Yamaha RVX3800, eleganza 5.1 speakers
the csr keeps insisting that the only package available is the Deluxe, their FB comments also state only the deluxe. SD even made a comment that maybe the people who claim to have gotten the $29/month deal better check their bills since there is no such deal.

so we need more information from the members who said they got the $29/month deal or I call shenanigans!

Yamaha RVX3800, Eleganza Speakers, Epson Pro Cinema 1080p, 106" Accuscreen
post #66 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-27, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccamp95 View Post
the csr keeps insisting that the only package available is the Deluxe, their FB comments also state only the deluxe. SD even made a comment that maybe the people who claim to have gotten the $29/month deal better check their bills since there is no such deal.

so we need more information from the members who said they got the $29/month deal or I call shenanigans!
well my is bill for September is $24.75 for the NFL Sunday Ticket because its my billing cycle august 25 to September 24 !!

if that helps
post #67 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-27, 07:51 PM
Rookie

So they billed you 24.75 for a one time charge of 29/month.

hmmm
post #68 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-27, 08:02 PM

you shouldnt have even been billed yet, season hasn't even started
post #69 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-27, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

there billing cycle is always 1 month ahead for the last 2 years now for me
post #70 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-28, 03:58 PM
QCK

I sent a request through email for the NFLST & NHLCI combo package and the NFL Redzone at the pricing they had last year and their response says the old pricing is not available anymore. It is stange a few of you have been able to get it:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to email us; we can certainly assist you.

The only package that Shaw Direct is offering as of right now is our NFL Sunday Ticket Deluxe package. The brochure you are reading from out website is dated back from June 2012 (mentioned on the last page). This was printed and uploaded prior to the new information being given to us. Our marketing team as been informed and we will be looking to update our online PDF file.

For the NHL Center Ice, we are not offering this package right now due to the lockout that is currently looming. Until the owners and the NHL come to an agreement, Shaw Direct is not offering the NHL Center Ice. Until we get confirmation from the NHL that there is a season and the puck will be dropped, you cannot add anything with the NHL Center Ice.

The NFL Sunday Ticket this year is considered a deluxe package this year. It includes The NFL Sunday Ticket, Red Zone and the Online Pass. This is a decision by Shaw Direct who only chooses to offer this package as a combo package including all 3. This is the ONLY package we are offering right now regarding the NFL season. From previous years, Shaw Direct has charged $29.99 for the Sunday Ticket as a standalone and we have found that there is more value and a cost savings now that we are able to bundle all 3 as a single package for $49.98.

As for the pricing on the brochure this amount is incorrect once again. On the bottom of the Programming Brochure East you are viewing, it does mention “Prices, packages and programming subject to change without prior notice” meaning changes can happen from our brochures. We try to keep this information updated as quickly as possible and we will update this one soon.

So if you would like to add NFL Sunday Ticket, we can certainly do that for you however it is $49.98 and you must keep it for the full regular season. Please reply if you would like us to add this package or not.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us and please include any previous correspondence with your replies.

Thank you for choosing Shaw Direct
post #71 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-28, 04:05 PM

Location: Penticton, BC, SC 505 HD, Westinghouse 32" HD LCD Widescreen, Yamaha RVX3800, eleganza 5.1 speakers
yeah just called again and only deluxe...guess you guys either got lucky or really really bitched!

oh well no nflst for me this year $50/month is redonkulous

Yamaha RVX3800, Eleganza Speakers, Epson Pro Cinema 1080p, 106" Accuscreen
post #72 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-28, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccamp95 View Post
yeah just called again and only deluxe...guess you guys either got lucky or really really bitched!

oh well no nflst for me this year $50/month is redonkulous
if i get billed $50 a month after this bill that's it for Shaw Direct for me

the worst part would be if all the NFL Games are not in HD @ that price
post #73 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-28, 10:28 PM

jccamp95 - I agree that 50/month is crazy. Especially when I guarantee they will only have 3 HD channels dedicated to NFLST again this year.

I strongly suggest you try out just RedZone for $50 for the whole year. I had it last year, and I actually prefer it over NFLST. It's not just a channel showing touchdowns, I hate that they advertise it this way. It's more a central command for NFLST if you will and they flip to games for you, as you normally would with NFLST. And all games are in HD.
post #74 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-29, 08:49 AM

The only way to show the NFL and SD that these prices are ridiculous is to not sub to the current package being offered. Either take the RedZone only option as johnnucleo says, or nothing at all.
Once they see that they've lost subs b/c of the ridiculous pricing scheme, they'll come up with a better option, but it takes us to show them that.
post #75 of 126 (permalink) Old 2012-08-29, 02:59 PM

$50 per month? Gimme a break.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in