Shaw Direct 2012 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-01, 09:46 PM
QCK

Gary, all packages are going up in July, I have the OVP and it is going up $3.00 as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-02, 10:18 AM

We have DI Lite and our price went up yesterday. I got notice on my statement of the price hike.
post #63 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-02, 10:20 AM

I have OVP with nothing else added. What summer or seasonal package can i do to reduce my monthly bill in the summer and then go back to OVP starting in the fall? I'd still like some channels, but want to have a lighter bill in the summer months.

THX

post #64 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-03, 11:07 PM
Rookie

Can current customers get Digital Value Pack?

I currently have Digital Lite and was wondering if I could (as an existing customer) get the Digital Value Pack?
post #65 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-09, 05:42 PM
Rookie

Is OVP the same as Digital Favorites?

Hello,

I have the OVP and am wondering if this package is the same as the Digital Favourites, just at the reduced price? If new channels are added to Digital Favourites, should they also be included in OVP?

Thanks
post #66 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-09, 07:54 PM
Veteran

Ya, I'm kinda wondering the same thing. My IPG says I should have Nat Geo Wild (not greyed out, still blue) but it tells me I need a subcription to the channel.

I think the only previous difference was OVP had CP24 and DF has Fox news channel instead. Also less time shifting channels in OVP.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #67 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-09, 08:04 PM

^^^Was wondering the exact same thing this morning when I put it on Nat Geo Wild and said it wasn't part of my package. LOL
post #68 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-09, 10:05 PM
Rookie

OVP

Can you add other channels to the OVP like you can other packs or is it limited like Digital Lite? What does OVP cost?
post #69 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-09, 10:19 PM
Veteran

I can add programming to OVP. SD no longer offers OVP. With all the price increases lately it's no longer the "value" it once was.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #70 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-10, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by d_source
I have OVP with nothing else added. What summer or seasonal package can i do to reduce my monthly bill in the summer and then go back to OVP starting in the fall?
If you change your package from OVP you will never be able to get OVP back again. OVP is no longer available and you are what they call "grandfathered" in. So if you change it, you can't have it back.

Or at least that's what I was told by 2 different CSRs. Perhaps with some convincing they'll let you do it, but I'd be concerned about getting the OVP back once it's gone.

I agree about the OVP not being good value anymore, they are getting closer and closer to Rogers cable pricing, once they do, I'll be gone. I think SD forgets that they have a vastly inferior PVR and a terribly limited channel selection. These things mean the price has to be awfully darn low to offset those negatives.

As for the price increase, I called to complain that since no new HD will be added until the new satellite launches (which has just been delayed) that I didn't see why I should pay more now. I managed to get them to take $5 off a month for a year instead. Not much, but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay more money a month when we're in a standstill for more HD programming. We're looking at what Feb 2013 now if we're lucky?

ATV3 / Unblock-US / Netflix / HuluPlus / Samsung LNT3242H
post #71 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-10, 08:51 AM
QCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaH View Post
I think SD forgets that they have a vastly inferior PVR and a terribly limited channel selection.
Wow, unless I misunderstood you in the past I though you loved Canada's most advanced PVR receiver.
post #72 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-10, 11:03 AM

I have noticed that Nat Geo Wild shows up in my guide. I have the unsubscirbed channels hidden. When I select Nat Geo Wild it tells me I am not suscribed to the channel. We have Digital Indulgence Lite.
post #73 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-10, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaH View Post
If you change your package from OVP you will never be able to get OVP back again. OVP is no longer available and you are what they call "grandfathered" in. So if you change it, you can't have it back.

Or at least that's what I was told by 2 different CSRs. Perhaps with some convincing they'll let you do it, but I'd be concerned about getting the OVP back once it's gone.

I agree about the OVP not being good value anymore, they are getting closer and closer to Rogers cable pricing, once they do, I'll be gone. I think SD forgets that they have a vastly inferior PVR and a terribly limited channel selection. These things mean the price has to be awfully darn low to offset those negatives.

As for the price increase, I called to complain that since no new HD will be added until the new satellite launches (which has just been delayed) that I didn't see why I should pay more now. I managed to get them to take $5 off a month for a year instead. Not much, but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay more money a month when we're in a standstill for more HD programming. We're looking at what Feb 2013 now if we're lucky?
Yes that's my concern as well. I wouldn't want to lose OVP either. Ming you the DI or DI lite packages may be cheaper and probably not much dift than what I have now, so it may not be a total loss.

I'll prob call in for some kind of rebate as well as I'm pretty peeved with the constant price increases turning OVP into something unaffordable and not really adding anything of value. Plus i'm a regular NHL CI subscriber so i believe some kind of price break is in order.

And to all those that think the 630 isn't up to par, have you tried using the Rogers next box? That thing is a pc of cr1p! I completely prefer the 630 over that thing. Very non-user-friendly.
post #74 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-10, 12:03 PM

OVP vs DI

I am on OVP as well and have the message about Nat Geo Wild being unsubscribed. I don't care enough about the channel to follow up.

As for pricing, OVP is 48.99 vs 51.99 for Digital Indulgence. The only difference I can see is that Deja Vu is on Digital Indulgence. I also have HD combo added on as well as a few pick and pays.
post #75 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-07-10, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableredneck View Post
I have noticed that Nat Geo Wild shows up in my guide. I have the unsubscirbed channels hidden. When I select Nat Geo Wild it tells me I am not suscribed to the channel. We have Digital Indulgence Lite.
Same here. Have DILite + HD Extra + Movies. I don't care about the channel, never found anything to watch on it, but should be hidden if I'm not subscribed.I also get the same for Golf HD (really don't care about this !) but should not show in the guide.I suppose it's a glitch in guide.
Closed Thread

Tags
packages , shaw direct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in