Shaw Direct 2012 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-03-08, 08:19 PM
Rookie

Does anyone know a someone in the Dundas, ON area who could add the Digital Indulgence Lite package? Every time I call I get a different response (except they always end in no).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-03-08, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhduff View Post
Does anyone know a someone in the Dundas, ON area who could add the Digital Indulgence Lite package? Every time I call I get a different response (except they always end in no).
you need to threaten to quit then...I have it...they also are giving me the the HD extra for 1/2 off for 6 months...
post #18 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-03-11, 02:35 PM

I started with Digital Indulgence, then switched to Digital Indulgence Lite. They did not give me any hassles. They just did it.

post #19 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-03-18, 10:41 AM

Switched to Digital Indulgence Lite.Best option ever.I still add on top of it Movies and HD extra like I had before.I watch only the HD channels, most of the time. I use the DVR to record a movie when it's on the HD channel if necessary (until SD will add the other movie channels in HD). With Space comming in HD in a few days, I really don't see myself watching standard def anymore. Would like an HD only package (even cheaper if possible) but the next best option is this DIL.

PS. I am with SD since 2000, and I did not have any problems switching to DIL.I suppose they may not want to give you this option if you are with them for a short time only.
post #20 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-03-18, 11:58 AM

I switched to Digital Indulgence Lite after being with SD for two months.
post #21 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-04-02, 05:29 PM

Hi what is Digital Indulgence (Lite) and how can we tell whether we might want it instead of the pkgs shown on the Shaw site?

Also, the PDF from the Shaw sit has "a la carte" but the pkgs on the web pages don't. And the PDF says, "Get Movies East and add Super Channel
for an additional $16.23 per month" does that mean $15.23 for Movies East and $16.23 for SC or $16.23 for both? Thats not on the web pages either. :-(

Thanks!
post #22 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-04-03, 11:59 AM

Could someone who has Digital Indulgence Lite give us a brief rundown of what is included and the cost?

I have Ontario Value Package plus all the HD (minus sports) and Super Channel and TMN packages and I'm wondering how the DIL compares in terms of channels/prices to the OVP

And to answer BayGuy -- it's 15.23 for Movies East plus 16.23 for Super Channel.

Try as I might, and arguing that both packages contain many of the same channels never got me anywhere - there is no combined pricing, just a buck or two off each if you get both - whoopee!

ATV3 / Unblock-US / Netflix / HuluPlus / Samsung LNT3242H
post #23 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-04-03, 12:52 PM

Best Programming Deal

What is the best value for the dollar when it comes to current programming paks from SD? Really tired of the repetitiveness in regards to Std Def and HD.
post #24 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-04-03, 01:08 PM

ElenaH thank you. I wonder why they do that. If you can buy each one for $15.23 how come if you want both you have to pay a dollar more for the second one than if you bought it by itself???!!
post #25 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-04-03, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaH View Post
Could someone who has Digital Indulgence Lite give us a brief rundown of what is included and the cost?

I have Ontario Value Package plus all the HD (minus sports) and Super Channel and TMN packages and I'm wondering how the DIL compares in terms of channels/prices to the OVP

And to answer BayGuy -- it's 15.23 for Movies East plus 16.23 for Super Channel.

Try as I might, and arguing that both packages contain many of the same channels never got me anywhere - there is no combined pricing, just a buck or two off each if you get both - whoopee!
http://calligariselectronics.files.w...gence-lite.pdf

You can add on top whatever you want like HD extras and Movies.Of course the free HD are included.
post #26 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-04-03, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit View Post
http://calligariselectronics.files.w...gence-lite.pdf

You can add on top whatever you want like HD extras and Movies.Of course the free HD are included.
So based on the list, there is no ABC, CSB and NBC? And I suspect no HD east/west of those stations as well?
post #27 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-04-03, 10:06 PM

You may be right...I subscribe also to Movie Network and HD extra. I think this adds the US network. I have the East ones in SD and both East and West feeds in HD . Also CW in HD and SD.
I watch mostly HD channels, so I did not even check since I switched.
post #28 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-04-03, 11:02 PM

Not sure why his PDF didn't include the US networks. You do get one of east or west of the US networks in Standard Def as part of the package, you get to pick.

You also get one of east/west HD US networks as part of the free HD channels. If you subscribe to either HD Extra, HD Extra Lite, HD Sports, or HD Combo, you get the other east/west HD US feeds for free.

Note - his pdf is DI Lite East. If you live in the West the local offerings are somewhat different.

To me DI Lite, with HD Combo is one of the best packages/pricing out there.

Also what I love about Shaw Direct HD is you don't need the standard def equivalent to get all the HD channels in HD Combo. For example Golf Channel is not part of DI Lite, but because it's part of HD Sports and Combo you get it in HD
post #29 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-04-05, 11:45 AM

Digital Indulgence Lite costs $42.35 plus tax. It includes almost the same channels as Digital Indulgence. The channels that are missing are the western nets (American channels - with DI lite you only get one set of US nets), Golf, Speed, Spike, Bravo, OWN, CNBC, TCM). I might be missing a couple - Sorry If I am. I can check later.
post #30 of 136 (permalink) Old 2012-04-05, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableredneck View Post
Digital Indulgence Lite costs $42.35 plus tax. It includes almost the same channels as Digital Indulgence. The channels that are missing are the western nets (American channels - with DI lite you only get one set of US nets), Golf, Speed, Spike, Bravo, OWN, CNBC, TCM). I might be missing a couple - Sorry If I am. I can check later.
With HD Extra or Lite) you get both East and West feeds of american networks (in HD) , so if you are not a sports fan DILite + HD Extra its a better deal.Or, if I remember you can add just the west feeds in HD for $1, without HD Extra.
Closed Thread

Tags
packages , shaw direct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in