Shaw Direct 2012 New Channels Discussion - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-06, 06:04 AM
Veteran

Food HD is on the air but the audio is crap at the moment (6am). Nice picture though.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-06, 02:01 PM
Rookie

Do you think that they will add local HD channels for Canadian Networks when they launch their 3rd satellite? For Example: CBC Winnipeg HD and CTV Winnipeg HD.
post #18 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-06, 03:23 PM
Rookie

I would be happy to just get Citytv in HD.

post #19 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-06, 05:24 PM

Locals in HD should be OTA

I hope they consider the locals last and give us what Bell has available in HD. After all other HD stations are available then do locals for the Major Cities. Locals should be available OTA for a lot of people

with Telus Optic
post #20 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-06, 08:15 PM

I chuckle to myself as I read posts about people wanting more HD content and when it happens and they add on a channel or 2 ,someone complains because it isn't the channel they want.
post #21 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-06, 11:16 PM
Veteran

It's because they should be adding way more then just Food Network HD. They are missing 30+ HD specialty channels and that's not even including the countless locals and french HD channels either.

I'm sure a lot of people want Space HD, Discovery HD, Much HD, Family HD, YTV HD, Animal Planet HD...The lost goes on.
post #22 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-07, 01:23 AM

You have to admit at least it's better then the useless Frame space waster.
As far as the others yes I'ld like them all but not if I have to pay for both feeds (sd & hd) You should have the option to pay for only HD feeds if that's what you want. I have freinds that don't (and most likely never will) have HD
post #23 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-07, 08:37 AM

Just spoke to a CSR a few minutes ago. I asked him if there would be any new HD channels coming before the launch of the new satellite. He said that while he doesn't have specifics that we can "be assured of new HD channels before the new satellite is launched". Here's to hoping.
post #24 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-07, 08:46 AM

Lightbulb

It would make sense to add Global BC in HD:
-Shaw owns it
-Global BC is very popular
-There are a ton of Shaw Direct subs in BC
-It would give Shaw Direct sim-subbing opportunties for Global BC in the Vancouver area

DirecTV 1994-98...StarChoice/ShawDirect 1998-
post #25 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-07, 10:54 AM
Veteran

Or all of BC, if Ontario is any judge, where most Ontarians have Global SD and HD Sim-Subbed, regardless if they have an HD transmitter available.

But yes, when G1 goes into service, it should mean a lot of the local channels that have HD, will be on Shaw Direct, as well as a lot more specialty channels.
post #26 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-07, 11:16 AM
Veteran

As far as Vancouver HD channels, CBC HD Vancouver would be really nice. It would offer timeshifting for CBC shows (many CTV/Global shows are available on US timeshifting), plus CBC Vancouver airs a different HNIC game than CBC Toronto sometimes.
post #27 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-07, 05:50 PM

I'ld like to see 1 eastern chanel and 1 western chan ie: Global Toronto Global Van,Edmonton or Calgary and so on just for the time shift thing. I'm a shift worker so that works out for me
post #28 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-08, 01:00 AM
DHC Supporter

I agree I would like to see all the channels you mentioned as well bigoranget
post #29 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-09, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
It's because they should be adding way more then just Food Network HD. They are missing 30+ HD specialty channels and that's not even including the countless locals and french HD channels either.

I'm sure a lot of people want Space HD, Discovery HD, Much HD, Family HD, YTV HD, Animal Planet HD...The lost goes on.
yeah, if you're only going to add one new HD channel, then wouldn't 'Space' be the one? Personally, I already miss the fireplace channel.....can we have that one back as well, please?
post #30 of 354 (permalink) Old 2012-01-09, 11:34 AM

I think they (Shaw Direct) have made it clear we won't be getting many more new HD channels until the new sattelite is up and running. I think they should do as they did with the Frame, trade off. How many people listen to the radio stations through the dish,getting rid of them would free up space surely at least enough for the much coveted Space HD
Closed Thread

Tags
new channels , satellite tv , shaw direct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in