Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Update on Prices and Availability of Superstations

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  TyHe 
#1 ·
Currently, we're on the Western Digital Value Pack, which I've been told is actually no longer available. I've been told that if I change this basic package, we can't even have it back again -- they even used the word "grandfathered." It's like that Ontario Digital Value Pack I guess, where it's basically the Digital Favs, but cheaper. It's about $42 for what is the Extra Value Pack and Digital Value Pack together.

Now, we also have Movie Central with this as an add on for $16. We're thinking of cancelling that. But what we don't want to lose is the Superstations.

The thing is, the availability and cost of the Superstations seems to change. There was a time, for example, when you got it added on for free if you had that bundle with the Family Channel. Then I remember you could get the channels individually for 99-cents each. I found a thread from January 2011 that says now you can get the Superstations as an add on for $1.99:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=135357&highlight=superstations

In my experience, when you call and ask about the Superstations alone, frequently the rep has no idea what you're talking about. So I wanted to ask about it here first.

Firstly, if I just cancel Movie Central, will I still just have the Superstations because I have the Family Channel with this Western Digital Value Pack? I'm thinking maybe someone else with either this or the Ontario Digital Value Pack maybe has this experience.

If not, is it so that I can still get all four Superstations as an add on for $1.99? Also, is it still possible just to get one individually? And if so, how much is that?

Any help would be appreciated.

The Hans

See less See more
#5 ·
Superstations

"It's true, it says it right on the Web site! I never even thought of looking there, because it always seemed like some kind of secret in the past. Thanks for the replies. "
Could someone please direct me to the exact location indicating the super stationa are available for $1.99. I checked the east brochure and could not find it.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.