HDDSR 605 – Version 04.06 Owners Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-02-15, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

HDDSR 605 – Version 04.06 Owners Discussion

Starting the morning of Wednesday February 16, HDDSR 605 and HDPVR 630 receivers will begin to be updated from Current Version 00.13 to 04.06.

The overall usage and look/feel of the system is unchanged with this download. 04.06 for the HDDSR 605 includes a few new and updated features and further stability and performance enhancements.

We’ve prepared some FAQ and detailed information on this update.

When will I receive the update?
The upgrade will be deployed gradually starting the afternoon of February 15. When you see a “Target Version” on line I of System Status (OPTIONS 4-7), your receiver will be upgraded automatically around 2:10AM local time. The upgrade will occur regardless of whether the receiver is left on or off and should take less than an hour to complete.

If your receiver has not been targeted, it is not possible to force the update. All units will be targeted and upgraded over the coming days.

Will all my reminders and settings migrate to the new version?
Absolutely.

What has changed with this download for the HDDSR 605?
Nearly all parts of the software have been refined for a smoother and more consistent experience. Highlights include:
  • Tuning Rebuild – Audio/video are now presented much faster when turning on the receiver or changing channels.
  • Cast Tab – The HDDSR 605 now includes expanded Cast information in the middle tab when pressing INFO.
  • Instant PPV in Advance – Pay Per View programs can now be purchased in advance by selecting “Purchase and auto-tune this airing”. PPV messaging has been enhanced to be more informative.
  • Parental Controls – The experience with Parental Controls enabled should be more stable, with occurrences of the “false PIN” screen reduced and no more “No Data” blocks for programs that cross the GMT boundary.
  • Guide changes – Channel lineup changes (like new channels being launched) will now appear within 60 minutes, or immediately by turning the receiver off and back on. A Front Panel Reset should no longer be required to fix missing or duplicated channels in your Guide.
  • LIVE and 3D programs now have an icon in the Guide. “Live” programs will now be included when selecting “Set a reminder for new episodes”. Note that these icons do not appear in the full-screen INFO pages.
  • Search Enhancements – Interests Search genres are now sorted in correct alphabetical order when the language is set to French; Programs beginning with accented characters are no longer grouped at the bottom of the results list; and programs with accented characters can now be properly searched.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-02-15, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Technical Notes

Technical Notes

Audio Delay when changing channels
Having “Digital Audio” set to “PCM” instead of “Dolby Digital” will cause a 4-5 second delay in audio each time channels are changed. This setting can be adjusted in OPTIONS 4-2.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-02-22, 11:19 AM

Got my update last night.

My program reminders were not loaded. To fix this, I selected

MENU > REMINDERS > OPTIONS

Then I made a change (I deleted one reminder), then hit EXIT. This caused it to rebuild the reminders table and save it...now everything is back to normal.

John

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-02-23, 11:31 PM

I have noted one major problem with the new release. Setting a program reminder now takes a lot longer than before. Now it takes over 45 seconds. It used to take about 10 seconds.

John
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 08:55 AM

problem with update?

Since the update to the 605 I have noticed a degradation of video quality along with intermittent channel switching for up to 30 secs; anyone else having similar problems? the program switching was on the SD channels.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-03-03, 08:36 AM
Rookie

with the new update they should have added a little more features to the auto tune my old 315 was awesome for that it let you auto tune a program for a specific day and time for every week and that was it....it would auto tune each week until you canceled it.....not the 605 you have to input it all the time each week..... kinda miss the 315 for that reason....maybe Shaw should look at some of the features of the old receivers and add them to the new ones
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-03-16, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISH View Post
Since the update to the 605 I have noticed a degradation of video quality along with intermittent channel switching for up to 30 secs; anyone else having similar problems? the program switching was on the SD channels.
I am noticing a poorer quality in HD channels, not as sharp as they could be.

Tags
download , hd 605 , hddsr 605 , shaw direct , upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in