HDPVR 630 - Version 04.06 Owners Discussion - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-22, 12:32 PM

Well basically because I am never sure how long the commercial break is... or if the show resumes right after the opening credits...

FF allows me to scan the commercial break, just in case there is something of interest in there. Like a movie trailer or something that actually provides valuable information.

The 30 second skip ahead doesn't cause any issues...but I inevitably end up 29 seconds into the show once it resumes, and have to skip back again.

This is NOT a new issue with the latest update. I have reported it in the past, but hoped that it would go away. Nor is it a constantly recurring problem, but I have yet to figure out what triggers it when it DOES happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-22, 01:14 PM

Question 4,7 screen

I received the new firmware update last night and I notice on the 4,7 screen that it doesn't show the last channel watched and that only one tuner says it authorized(the one your currently on)and the authorization on the other tuner(last channel watched) shows n/a. Is this normal? Both tuners are showing a high signal strength and I have not had any problems watching one channel and recording another.
Ty
post #123 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-22, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyHe View Post
I received the new firmware update last night and I notice on the 4,7 screen that it doesn't show the last channel watched and that only one tuner says it authorized(the one your currently on)and the authorization on the other tuner(last channel watched) shows n/a. Is this normal?
Yes. This is a result of the tuning changes. The background tuner will no longer show this information unless a background recording is taking place.

The signal and Ecb/no reading are still live from the background tuner.

post #124 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-23, 07:57 AM

something else i noticed, has anyone else?- was recording two shows last night, one show had the red record light on, the 2nd tuner did not. first show ended and red light went off, 2nd show continued to record and light never came on, although the show did record successfully.
post #125 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-23, 08:00 AM

Nope this has never happened on either of my tuners. Possibly just a glitch... But what gets me is when your going to watch a program, and not realize that you have 2 timer events set for that same time. eeerrrrggghhhh
post #126 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-23, 11:55 AM
Rookie

I noticed the new firmware on my system yesterday and so far so good. All the shows recorded and no reboots. Lately, I've been getting 1 phantom recording per day at least. Hopefully it keeps up.
post #127 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-23, 01:24 PM

something else i noticed last night when watching ncis la- it was sim-subbed from global as it had the global icon in the bottom right corner. up until this point it was always picking up the direct cbs feed. could the firmware have changed something that the 630 is now picking up simsubbing for shows on multiple channels?
post #128 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-23, 01:26 PM

Bizarre 630 Behaviour - Woke Up with No Picture

Hi,

Well, my 630 did something this morning I never saw before --

We got the firmware update on February 20. Everything seemed fine since then. Last night, we turned off the 630 like usual and went to bed. When we got up, I turned it on and there was no picture nor sound on the TV. At first, I thought I was on the wrong input on the TV, but I wasn't. I went to the input for the 530 and it seemed to be working fine. I think a channel was showing on the 630 display and when I tried to change it, it changed, but it took about 10 seconds in between -- like 280 was 2....8.....0...really slow.

I plugged the 630 in then to our other TV with component cables (it's plugged into the main TV via an HDMI cable). There was still no picture, but there was sound. There was nothing I could do as far as I could tell to generate a picture.

Anyway, not knowing what else to do, we unplugged it for five minutes. When it came back up, there was a picture again. It was on channel 299 and wouldn't move from there at all, no matter what. It wasn't possible to go into options, nothing. Also, on the TV, the display showed channel 299, but the display that normally disappeared after a few seconds wouldn't go away.

So then I did the front button reset. And when it came back up, it was working fine. Everything's there on the playlist and it even started recording a timer recording at 10am on its own.

Honestly, I thought I saw just about everything after the issues I had in prior times with the 530, but this was *really* weird. I don't know what to think. I know it wasn't a power surge as it's plugged into a voltage regulator, which was actually recommended by technical escalation. Anyway, was it some weird signal or something? Did anyone else experience something like this?

The Hans
post #129 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-23, 01:48 PM

We have had that same thing happen at least twice with our 630 but that was prior to the Update. A soft front button reset returned the machine to working order on both occasions. Has not happened since the update. Maybe it is an uncommon glitch that the update did not address.
Lester
post #130 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-23, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
We have had that same thing happen at least twice with our 630 but that was prior to the Update. A soft front button reset returned the machine to working order on both occasions. Has not happened since the update. Maybe it is an uncommon glitch that the update did not address.
Lester
It's funny if that's true, because we never had that happen prior to the update.
post #131 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-24, 01:31 AM

No pic or sound

qoute: Well, my 630 did something this morning I never saw before --
We got the firmware update on February 20. Everything seemed fine since then. Last night, we turned off the 630 like usual and went to bed. When we got up, I turned it on and there was no picture nor sound on the TV. At first, I thought I was on the wrong input on the TV, but I wasn't. I went to the input for the 530 and it seemed to be working fine. I think a channel was showing on the 630 display and when I tried to change it, it changed, but it took about 10 seconds in between -- like 280 was 2....8.....0...really slow.

Mine did the same thing this morning. Power light came on, but no pic or sound. I could change channels, but still no pic or sound. Checked the input setting on tv, no problem. Hooked component cables up to another tv input, still no pic or sound. Pressed and held the power button on for 10 sec on the receiver, and all went back to normal. Go figure. Watched the news for an hour, then turned everything off. 6 hours later, turned the 630 on, and again, same dam problem. Power light on indicating power to receiver, but no pic or sound. wtf??? Twice in one day????? Fixed it again by pressing power button down for 10 seconds, then everything came back to normal. (unit is at new firmware 4.06) Not a very good start with new "tested" firmware.
post #132 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-24, 07:10 AM

Mine did the same thing this morning. Power light came on, but no pic or sound

Now I'm afraid to turn my 630 off.....

I did notice pixilation on a show that I recorded Tuesday night on Global SD.. (okay, it was Glee, alright?). There was a second recording taking place at the same time (NCIS) that I haven't viewed yet. The night was incredibly clear so weather should not have been a factor. Maybe I just need to avoid Global Toronto.

Has NOBODY else experienced the black screen of death while fast forwarding through commercial breaks? OR lost their progress bar until resetting?
post #133 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-24, 08:50 AM

Unhappy Pixilization/fracturing

It wasn't just global toronto with this problem i had it on channels 76,77,177and 111 yesterday. The weather was clear in my area as well so weather at the receiving end was not the problem. As noted previously in another log this problem appears to be cyclical in nature. For the week or so befor i got the 410 upgrade there was very little of this problem. I hope it does't take SD as long to solve this problem because my patience is wearing very thin.
post #134 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-24, 09:44 AM

630 crashed last night while I was watching/recording The Daily Show. It was the only recording going on at that time.

The 15 minutes I had recorded before the crash were gone once it restarted.
post #135 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-24, 10:05 AM

Deeival,

Do you have the update, or are you on the old firmware?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in