HDPVR 630 - Version 04.06 Owners Discussion - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 07:06 PM

Well, I am on 0.13 and all I know is something is wrong on Channel 233 with the NHL Game in 3D. Its not sending all the info needed to engage the 3D circuitry and I am getting 2 Side By Side pictures on the screen and cannot get the circuit to engage.

It works fine if I switch to the Directv 3D Channels - and has worked in the past.

So perhaps they broke the 3D circuit for anyone not on the new firmware, which pisses me off that the first 3D broadcast in what, 2 months, I am not able to view properly.

EDIT: Forced the upgrade and missed the first hour of the game.

Its still not working - still only getting 2 SBS pictures without the proper information to allow the 3D to even be manually operated.

Thanks a lot Shaw!

Last edited by HDTVFanAtic; 2011-02-20 at 07:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 07:58 PM

How do you know if your're on the target list?
post #78 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 07:59 PM

OPTIONS 4-7 Lines H and it will tell you if you are targeted...

Finally got it. Took 5 tries, last one after a hard reboot. Was about to try a factory reset if that didn't work.

Regarding the issues in my above post: 0 for 3 - every one of them still exists. I'm wondering if the caller ID still shows up 3 hours later if you happen to have had a show paused when the call came in..(shows up when you sit down to finish your show). I guess that is better than not letting you pause if the phone is ringing like the 530 does.

It does delete shows faster, and the HDD remaining on the PVR menu is nice, but as has already been mentioned, it would be nice to have the "hours remaining"; they also removed "hours remaining" from the other menus.

The huge lag time and "remote control buffering" issue has gotten worse I think.

A new issue: I was deleting a few shows, and other than the number of episodes still being reported wrong, after trying to delete an episode, it now appears with a duration of 0:00 minutes and I can neither delete nor watch it. Selecting it boots me out of the menu.

Last edited by tico; 2011-02-20 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Fixed "I will tell" to "it will tell"

post #79 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tico View Post
OPTIONS 4-7 Lines H and I will tell you if you are targeted...
Cheers! Thanks tico...
post #80 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 08:38 PM

Download complete no problems....

Much faster response and much faster when it re-arranges recording priorities.

My signal strength is also much higher than before the update....which seems unusual.
post #81 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 09:21 PM

The 3d is working fine mine is side by side too. You have to change your tv 3 d settings to side by side
post #82 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo54 View Post
My signal strength is also much higher than before the update....which seems unusual.
Yeah, that's what I've seen. The Ecb/Nos don't look different from before, but the 'signal' strength is way higher.
post #83 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsim View Post
The 3d is working fine mine is side by side too. You have to change your tv 3 d settings to side by side
Well aware of what I need to do to get 3D. I have several hundred hours of 3D in side by side format on my Directv DVR.

Also, the previous broadcasts on 233 worked exactly as expected.

This one did not - in fact, not enough HDMI header info was being passed that I could not even manually force the TVs 3D circuits to activate.
post #84 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 11:01 PM

Sorry you never stated your 3d expertise. Just trying to help. Mine was working fine but I'm still on .13.
post #85 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-21, 08:39 AM

Is it possible they artificially inflated the signal strenghst to fool the 630 into thinking it's getting a much better signal in order to avoid the tuner locks that were so sensitive to signal strength?
post #86 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-21, 08:51 AM

Thanks SD team!

I think that a thanks and kudo's are in order to the SD team for this timely firmware release. While it does not apparently fix everything, it does appear to make the experience faster and more reliably which means more to me then fixing the 'cosmetic' things.

I do have one quibble, the indicator of the space available does not estimate the remaining time available. This is a one step forward and ten steps backward as far as I am concerned. My use case is that I am going to be going away for some petiod of time and need to ensure that there is enough space. The way it is now, I have no way to guestimate if there enough space is available. While it was not good UI design before ... it's just bad functional design now
post #87 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-21, 08:58 AM

Yes....I completely agree with you....as you don't have anyway to know how many hours of SD or HD space you have left. This needs to be addressed a.s.a.p., preferrably before the holiday season hits. As I had stated in a previous post, there was no reason for them to take this away.
post #88 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-21, 10:45 AM

Update

Just got the update and it does speed up the response times. The receiver responds much quicker now. As far as the comments about how the amount of recording space available is presented I don't mind the change to percentage of HD space remaining. HD and SD hours are different and had to be tracked separately, as well with the old software the hours remaining wasn't listed directly in the save screen. Moving it out front is a nice improvement. In my case I have 24 hours of HD saved with a disk usage of 39%. Pretty easy to see when it's time to delete some shows when it approaches 85% to 90%.
post #89 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-21, 11:19 AM

No sign up my update yet... however I did notice that my trip count went from zero... to one... then up to two over the past couple of days. I thought it might be SD pinging my receiver to see if it was an opportune time to download the update. However this morning it's back to zero.
post #90 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-21, 11:59 AM

The one thing I did notice now is that The Score (403 classic) is now in my guide instead of thinking it was unsubscribed to.

I have noticed slight improvement in response

Signal levels are way up almost 20 points. I do agree with zbroke in that they have artificially increased this number OR the old scale/reading was incorrect. Previously, my other units always had high levels and the 630 was the odd man out showing lower levels.

If this pixelates now at least the CSR cannot use the signal level as a potential cause.

My 2 605s also got the upgrade, but they were problem free before.

Still need to test out if after you watch a recorded show to make sure land on that show in the list of recordings. Another show needs to start recording during your viewing for this bug to be tested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in