HDPVR 630 - Version 04.06 Owners Discussion - Page 36 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #526 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-06-06, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Zeno View Post
Update: - I've now got a tiny red LED ( light ) that appears on my 630, this started happening this morning.
Hi David,

That LED indicates you have lost signal. It sounds like your dish may have come out of alignment, or else something might be blocking the signal (leaves on the trees?). The recording issues are consistent with this.

Check signal in OPTIONS 4-7. It's on line C and E. You generally want an Ecb/no value above 8.0 on SD channels, and above 6.0 on all the HD channels.

If it's low, give Shaw Direct a call and we'll get things resolved for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #527 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-06-06, 12:17 PM

ah ! thanks for the info. That's exactly what I wanted to hear, I do have a tree that has grown leaves, and I'm now thinking this is the problem ! I didn't have the problem all winter ( box installed last Oct ) so I'm guessing it is the problem. Thankfully it is a tree my wife wants gone, so I'll post back once I've cut it down.

Thanks for your information, it's appreciated.

Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 630 Support View Post
Hi David,

That LED indicates you have lost signal. It sounds like your dish may have come out of alignment, or else something might be blocking the signal (leaves on the trees?). The recording issues are consistent with this.

Check signal in OPTIONS 4-7. It's on line C and E. You generally want an Ecb/no value above 8.0 on SD channels, and above 6.0 on all the HD channels.

If it's low, give Shaw Direct a call and we'll get things resolved for you.
post #528 of 540 (permalink) Old 2012-01-26, 08:33 PM

I have a free port on the LNB but no way of running another cable (finished and weather proofed basement). Is there a multiplexer of some sort that can combine both LNB into one cable, then split back out to two at the receiver end? I found a 2 LNB stacker/destacker system called the DiSEqC Stacker De-Stacker Switch "allows two satellite bands
(0.95-2.15GHz) to be transmitted via a single common coaxial cable" Would this work with shawdirect and allow tuning across both birds/phases?

post #529 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-08, 09:19 AM

Any thoughts as to why the second tuner on my 630 now has a status of REFRESH REQUIRED? Never had this before and a refresh didn't change it.
post #530 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-08, 09:50 AM

That's strange @JasperJoe - when you're tuning up/down (moving through the two tuners), do you notice every second channel as problematic? The status should change each time you change the channel on the tuner too - is this not the case?
post #531 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-08, 09:56 AM

k801809: I don't know if it's every other channel or not. Certainly some come in and some don't. I've switched to single tuner mode and that works as expected (I get all the channels I expect) but of course we can't watch live and record at the same time or record two at the same time.
post #532 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-08, 10:15 AM

At the moment, my two 630s are side-by-side so I switched sat. cables. No change. I'll try another refresh.
post #533 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-08, 10:20 AM

has Shaw Direct pushed out any updates lately? Anything to do with the April 2nd doom-and-gloom warning they were emailing, texting, etc., which was actually nothing?
post #534 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-08, 10:39 AM

I waited 20 minutes and no change from the second refresh. My second 630 is working perfectly with the cables that were on the first when we noticed the problem.

I guess we need a replacement 630.
post #535 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-08, 11:18 AM

No updates recently - one is coming next week, though (starting Monday with 605s). You shouldn't notice any differences for this 6XX update, it's all under the hood improvements for memory and hard drives. While April 2nd wasn't "doom and gloom" per se, it definitely caused significant impacts for the contact centres, and they're still feeling it.

Do you have signal on the second tuner? If not, then it wouldn't be getting the refresh. But, if you swapped your receivers and the "replacement" one was fine, then it's pretty clearly the 630 is problematic.
post #536 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-08, 01:43 PM

There is no signal on the second tuner. NADA.
post #537 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-08, 06:17 PM

I did the broken PC trick - hard reset twice (pulled the plug).

Now tuner #2 is working fine.

Go figure.
k801809 likes this.
post #538 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-16, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k801809 View Post
No updates recently - one is coming next week, though (starting Monday with 605s). You shouldn't notice any differences for this 6XX update, it's all under the hood improvements for memory and hard drives. While April 2nd wasn't "doom and gloom" per se, it definitely caused significant impacts for the contact centres, and they're still feeling it.

Do you have signal on the second tuner? If not, then it wouldn't be getting the refresh. But, if you swapped your receivers and the "replacement" one was fine, then it's pretty clearly the 630 is problematic.
what was the “impact” for the contact centers, subscribers calling in asking why all the emails?
post #539 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-16, 11:31 AM

Customers were actually surprised when the standard definition channels dropped. MPEG-2 only customers no longer having access to the channel, and (maybe more so, and much to my surprise), MPEG-4 ready customers who apparently have only been watching these channels in SD, despite having them in HD. And, despite the receiver prompting to tune to the HD, they were still contacting Shaw Direct to find the HD channel number.

We've developed a more helpful slate that provides the HD channel numbers, for the April 23rd step, which will hopefully help.
post #540 of 540 (permalink) Old 2019-04-16, 11:36 AM

On April 2 anyone still using 5xx receiver or earlier would have seen a number of (French) channels (in Std Def) drop from their lineup. This probably would have prompted the calls. This impact will only accelerate as more channels either drop in Std Def format, migrate to MPEG4, or otherwise disappear from people's accounts with older equipment.
k801809 likes this.

LONSat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in