HDPVR 630 - Version 04.06 Owners Discussion - Page 15 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #211 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-01, 10:28 AM

Another fun game my PVR has learned from the recent upgrade… Before, when I would Skip Forward through a commercial break, it would first skip back :30 seconds, then proceed forward. NOW, it likes to go back an entire segment before going forward. Also, last night for the second time in a couple of days, the PVR froze at 10:43pm (it was 10:42 the other night). Same deal as before, clock froze, show I was watching froze and the shows I was recording stopped recording although the red lights were on. I don’t know what kind of signal is being sent at that time, but my 630 doesn’t like it. And just to put a cherry on top, my 630 spontaneously rebooted during the Oscars on Sunday.

My 630’s were working fine before this last upgrade. I wish there was a way to downgrade back to the last version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-01, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
SD_630_SUPPORT: I did have a problem last night where audio/video were fullscreen but when I tried to use any function where the video was in the video window (Guide, DVR List, Options), the video was displayed in the video window correctly, but everything else was black. I had to reboot in order to get proper operation again.
Hi osmosis (and others who have reported this issue),

We've been trying to track this one down for awhile and seem to have made some progress this morning.

As expected, this seems to be related to either using the 4x3 Override or the "Native" or "HDMI" Output Format (all set in OPTIONS 4-5).

Each time we got our receiver in this state, we were able to easily resolve by:
- Pressing the ASPECT (or B) button on the remote control, or
- Changing to a channel in the "opposite" format to the current channel (e.g. going from SD to HD).

In both cases, the TV re-synced and all on-screen graphics came back. If you see this again, give one of these a try and let us know if it solves the problem for you.
post #213 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-01, 02:01 PM
Rookie

Getting 3D picture Randomly as I change channel...plus drop out of video

Over the weekend, I started to get dropped video as I changed the channels and had to unplug the HDMI or switch back and forth b/w HDMI inputs on my AVR receiver to get it to work. However, more recently I am getting video that looks like the 3D feeds, essentially a split screen with the same thing on each side. Saw this during the winter classic on the CBC channel. all channels and even my recordings have this video. I have fixed it by flipping channels (but not reliable and doesn't work all the time), turn the box on and off, and even reset the box. Then the channels and recordings are normal again. Anybody else have this or solutions?

post #214 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-01, 04:29 PM
Rookie

The biggest issue I have had since my 630 was upgraded to 4.06 is that almost everytime I fastforward through a recording the picture goes black. It does this if I'm FF at triple and quad speed, but not so much at double. And sometimes if it goes black and I just leave it to comeback it will jump several minutes in a blink.

I know the image would go black during FF under .03 as well, but this has gotten worse since the upgrade. Very frustrating
post #215 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-01, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad_Dib View Post
The biggest issue I have had since my 630 was upgraded to 4.06 is that almost everytime I fastforward through a recording the picture goes black. It does this if I'm FF at triple and quad speed, but not so much at double. And sometimes if it goes black and I just leave it to comeback it will jump several minutes in a blink.

I know the image would go black during FF under .03 as well, but this has gotten worse since the upgrade. Very frustrating
I reported that as well. Its very annoying although I had not seen it in firmware rev .13

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0TC0M View Post
I have 3 issue when watching a recorded program that wasn't an issue with the .13 firmware.

1- If I fast forward or rewind the video goes black, not always but very frequently. If I cease to fast forward or rewind the video reappears and I can try again till I can fast forward/rewind with video showing.

2- Also sometimes the progress bar does not show up.

3- Also sometimes when I press a number and then fast forward to advance a specified amount of minutes, (i.e. like when I want to advance 3 minutes) the number doesn't appear on the screen but it will advance when you press fast forward but your fast forwarding blindly because you cannot see how many minutes on the screen.
post #216 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-01, 05:49 PM

I also want to report my first lockup. I recorded a pay per view movie this afternoon. When I got home from work I checked to see if the recording went through and fast forwarded through the first couple minutes. Once I was satisfied it recorded properly I pressed stop while fast forwarding and everything when black and locked up. I tried powering off and on the box with the remote with no results. I had to soft reset the box by pressing the power button on the box for 15 sec.
post #217 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-02, 03:47 AM
Veteran

Since the upgrade. Random reboots at least once a day. Also, unable to delete recordings, then hours later they disappear.
post #218 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-02, 10:23 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroguy View Post
Ever since the firmware upgrade I am getting a random loss of video when the box turns back on. There is sound I can change channels but not picture. The fix I found is to unplug the HDMI cable and plug back in to the receiver and fixed. Anybody else seen this issue?
I suffered this problem this morning for the first time. The onscreen menus would show up but not the actual tv signal. The sound would be there but kept cutting in and out. Did a front panel reboot to fix it. This has been only the second problem I have encountered since the upgrade back on the 21st. Had a spontanious reboot while watching a recording last Friday. Other than these two problems the 630 has run very well.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #219 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-02, 11:27 AM

I had an odd problem this morning.

I turned on the tv and saw a picture that looked like an impressionist painting. It wasn't black, but there was no definition to whatever was supposed to be showing on the screen and there was no audio.

Assuming it was a problem with the broadcasting station, I changed channels. A message saying my authorization had expired popped up. It said I could go to the website and give my 630 a hit to fix the problem. Before doing that, I gave it a front panel reset, which fixed it.

A program I had set to record in the early morning showed up as corrupted on my PVR list.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the update, but it's the first time this has happened to me.
post #220 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-02, 11:39 AM

to add to the black screen info

last night I started to watch American Pickers on Hist HD

it was recording it at the same time as it was scheduled to record new episodes.

all was good until I tried to go back a bit. when it started to play it went black screen with audio. I changed channels all were fine except History HD and yes I went to some SD channels as well. so I started to think it was a problem with history HD and not here so I thought Id check the recorded version it seemed to be fine Hmm not a broadcast problem after all. the picture was fine. so I went back to live. hit guide tuned to HistHD and a black screen. hit PVR and selected to the recording jumped to the end of the green. there was about 20 minutes left to record all was good. watched the rest of the show. when it hit the end of the recording and it went to the live history HD it was black did a reset and it was fine again.
throughout this the audio was fine. Im not sure what the setting is whether its 4X5 override or not its what ever the default was as I have never changed it. but Ill check.

hooked through optical dolby digital for audio and component for video. I am not using HDMI

Dave
VE3DVY
post #221 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-02, 12:16 PM

I just turned on my TV while the box was off, and the box rebooted. So... the only thing that would have happened was an HDMI handshake.

And yeah, when you FF a DVR playback, it goes backwards first still.
post #222 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-02, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzink View Post
Since the upgrade. Random reboots at least once a day. Also, unable to delete recordings, then hours later they disappear.
Hi gzink,

Send me a PM with your account number and preferred contact method if you're still having this issue and we'll put you in touch with the right folks to get it resolved.
post #223 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-02, 11:53 PM

SD 630 Support I'm having lockups also do you need a PM from me to?
post #224 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-03, 01:27 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 630 Support View Post
Hi gzink,

Send me a PM with your account number and preferred contact method if you're still having this issue and we'll put you in touch with the right folks to get it resolved.
I'm having the same issues as gzink since the update... Should I also send you a PM?
post #225 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-03-03, 05:20 AM
Veteran

I should clarify that not all recordings are persistent. Just one or two a day refuse to be deleted. Then eventually disappear. Just to clarify. Based on following posts it seems like it might be a more common happening.

Normally I would take you up on the offer to troubleshoot or solve the problem but with what has been happening here lately I need a little break before taking on a debugging session.
Unless you mean you have a solution at hand. Then I'm all set to "send".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in