HDPVR 630 - Version 04.06 Owners Discussion - Page 11 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #151 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-24, 09:16 PM

With regard to the time remaining on the hard drive, a simple calculation will give you that. Since it holds about 45 hours of HD, that is 4.5 hours for every 10% left. My hard drive now is 79% full so there is about 20% free or 9 hours of HD recording room left. I think the ratio is 4 times for SD so that would be 36 hours. Since as SD Support mentioned, time left is only approximate and will vary with the programming, that rough calculation is good enough.

That this is the case is proven by the fact that 79% of 45 is 35.55 and I actually have 37 hours and 40 minutes of HD programming recorded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-24, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0TC0M View Post
I don't know if this has been identified or confirmed by anyone else but I tried the options,4,3,1 just to check this out and when I exited out I no longer had any audio. I shut the box off and on to no avail. I had to hold the front power button in for 15-20sec than my audio came back to normal. Very annoying
See post one under "Tune in Satellite Signal". The simple solution is to change the channel.
post #153 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-24, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsnbrd View Post
See post one under "Tune in Satellite Signal". The simple solution is to change the channel.
Thanks, stupid me, I never tried changing the channel

post #154 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-24, 09:59 PM

New firmware, crashed while I was watching a recording of The Office. I was watching about 5 mins behind real-time. Had to reboot.

Crashed earlier in the day during playback of a recording, and crashed once while first accessing a recording from the PVR list.

I might have a lemon....
post #155 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 08:13 AM

Watching CSI at 7 last night on CTV Ottawa and it started pixilating, so I switched over to CTV Toronto and the problem cleared up. At 8:30 while watching Hot in Cleveland on the same channel, our timer to record another show kicked in, the the pixilation started again. Not constant... just annoying.

Now it COULD have been weather related... or not.
post #156 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 09:06 AM

Since receiving the update, I have done my best to cause a reboot or freeze-up. So far I haven't been able to do it.

While watching I have constantly, played with the PVR options, scrolled through all the menu items, added new recording events, changed the priority of upcoming events, deleted events, in short do anything I can to overload the memory of the unit. None of these things has caused a problem.

There are tweaks and enhancements that need to be done yet, which others have pointed out, but my 630 appears to be very stable with this update.
post #157 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 10:26 AM
Rookie

My Earlier Post in the Owners forum

630 reboots if you channel up or down quickly
630 reboots randomly with out touching the remote
Rewind live tv doesn't work
One button record does not work
Programmed record does not work

Audio drops when switching from an HD to SD channel and from a SD to a HD channel using HDMI connection to the TV with latest Toshiba firmware installed.

My ellictical dish has a 4 line LNB and I am using the 4 to 8 multiplexer that I bought from SD.

I am pleased to advise that since the 4.06 firmware was down loaded I have experienced none of the problems listed above. I also appreciate that the the delay time when you channel up or down has been virtually eliminated.

Now all wee need is for Shaw to solve the pixilation issue and activate the front port so that we can add a larger hard drive and this unit will actually be what we were all expecting and promised.
post #158 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie60 View Post
On another note, I currently have them side by side... has anyone noticed that the clocks don't sync? One will be ahead of the other by up to 15 seconds, then eventually they will reverse.????
Yes. When you have 5 on your desk, you also notice this

Basically, the Front Panel clock is only updated every 30 seconds.

The actual internal clock is always accurate based on the satellite time it gets from the current transponder it's tuned to. You'll notice sometimes that the REC light comes on at 8:59 for a 9:00 recording. It's not that it's starting early (unless you've set that), it's that it's actually 9:00 but the Front Panel hasn't updated yet.
post #159 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 02:30 PM
MSM

SD_630:

You say the time is accurate based on the current transponder clock. Is it possible that the (many) transponders have differing time settings? Or that the two satellites have different times (if the transponder times are set from a master satellite clock)?

I notice that the 630 often tunes a program and starts to record about a minute before the network starts the desired program, and about a minute is lost at the end of the scheduled recording. I don't use start early/end late settings.
post #160 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Hi MSM,

Yes, that's absolutely possible. I believe they're all brought back into sync periodically.

Outside of that, keep in mind that not all networks start their programs exactly "on time" for a few different reasons. If you're noticing a pattern, use the Start Early/End Late padding to ensure you don't miss anything.
post #161 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 03:26 PM
Rookie

Ever since my 630 was updated with the 4.06 I have been only able to get every other channel and then I have to do a crazy channel change combination to get the other half of channel. For instance will only get 280,282,284 etc... change the channel to 600,403,603 and then I only get 281,283 etc... I am also getting the recording and pixel problems too.
I was wondering is there a simple fix for this or something that requires me calling SD?
post #162 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 03:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp
Problem still exists.
Well, when you come out of watching a recorded show, it may or may not highlight the the show you were just watching depending on background activity. too bad, not terrible.
Yeah, if you record new shows it pushes the currently watched one down. Not so much a problem, moreso you just being nitpicky I would consider this a low priority and would rather have them working on better things like how well they've done the tuners this time around.

So, in short, working as intended, or annoyance, not broken.
post #163 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 04:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms View Post
Ever since my 630 was updated with the 4.06 I have been only able to get every other channel and then I have to do a crazy channel change combination to get the other half of channel. For instance will only get 280,282,284 etc... change the channel to 600,403,603 and then I only get 281,283 etc... I am also getting the recording and pixel problems too.
I was wondering is there a simple fix for this or something that requires me calling SD?
Is your remote setup for RF as well as picking up the IR signal as well? so you push UP CHANNEL and it gets both RF and IR signals? try blocking the front of your remote with your hand and see if the channels increase one at a time.
post #164 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 04:04 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supherb
Now all wee need is for Shaw to solve the pixilation issue and activate the front port so that we can add a larger hard drive and this unit will actually be what we were all expecting and promised.
Aye, at least now with them being SATA drives we can replace the internal drive with one that is manufactured this decade and do a factory reset on the device and get the larger drive working. If my 630 wasn't working flawless finally i'd do this myself
post #165 of 540 (permalink) Old 2011-02-25, 05:29 PM
Rookie

I doesn't have anything to do with the remote not switching the channel but the receiver not being able to show a picture. All I get is the "Acquiring Satellite Signal".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in