Shaw Direct 2011 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 12 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #166 of 174 (permalink) Old 2011-12-13, 12:18 PM

CBC Charlottetown

I have Digital Indulgence West and don't get that channel. The CSR is wrong. I know because I also called about that channel (and a few others) when I first signed up for this package as they were missing. The confusion for me was the sales rep had sent me a channel listing for DI East so I couldn't understand why there were some locals I wasn't getting on my receiver when it was on the list.

We finally figured out I was looking at an East lineup when I was coded as West (and I should be West).

Long story short - CBC Charlottetown is only DI East, definitely not in the DI West lineup. They are different lineups with regards to some of the locals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 174 (permalink) Old 2011-12-13, 12:40 PM
Veteran

Thanks for that information. I did get this confirmed yesterday when I went through a big trobleshooting procedure with them. The trouble was that I got a list of channels from them specifically indicating "Digital Indulgence - West" and the CSRs did have the wrong information. The channel was showing as included in my package. Seems to me that what channels are included in a package should be pretty basic regardless of an East/West division but maybe my expectations are too high.
post #168 of 174 (permalink) Old 2011-12-13, 01:55 PM
Veteran

Remember that the Indulgence package was spawned out of the Value Packages. The OVP was sparse on western channels, only included BC and Calgary. So, for those of you in the west, the reverse must be true...makes sense.

post #169 of 174 (permalink) Old 2011-12-13, 02:07 PM
Veteran

Actually, there is a good selection of Canadian Eastern feeds.
post #170 of 174 (permalink) Old 2011-12-18, 12:20 PM

Anyway to get MExcess #233 added if your stuck with west coast...
post #171 of 174 (permalink) Old 2011-12-27, 09:05 AM

Does anyone have the channel listing and list of addons available for the digital indulgence package for Alberta? I got an offer in the mail to sign up for it but lost the included page that lists all the channels.
post #172 of 174 (permalink) Old 2011-12-27, 09:30 AM
QCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
Anyway to get MExcess #233 added if your stuck with west coast...
No there is not, the naughty movies would then be coming on too early for the kiddies.
post #173 of 174 (permalink) Old 2011-12-28, 01:49 PM

I received a bundle offer form Shaw to combine my Tv, internet and phone. All for $85. It includes the Digital indulgence package.

Is there any catch? Other than the fact I cannot get through to a CSR. yesterday I treid for one hour today its 15 minutes and counting.

I did talk to someone who installs for Shaw and they said yes the two companies have completely merged and will be offering all (shaw cable, shaw direct, internet and phone) services now.
post #174 of 174 (permalink) Old 2011-12-28, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I received a bundle offer form Shaw to combine my Tv, internet and phone. All for $85. It includes the Digital indulgence package.
That's the same one I got but lost the channel listing. I want to make sure I won't loose any channels before switching.
Closed Thread

Tags
2011 , packages , pricing , programming , shaw direct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in