Shaw Direct 630 Official Problems / Issues / Resolutions Thread. Read posts 1, 2 - Page 64 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #946 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 12:02 AM

non responsive remote control...

ever since the last update, the one that causes a blue, scheduling, horizontal bar to appear in the upper right when you schedule a recording, the remote control has been VERY SLOW to respond to commands.
For example, when in 3x or 4x fast-forward, I takes many seconds to disengage the remote back into 1x play speed, which results in over-shooting my target.
Am I the only one having this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #947 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 08:34 AM

You are not the only one. It is VERY annoying. Other errors are when you finally manage to navigate your pvr list and select a recording, it plays the first 2 seconds and then boots you back to TV mode - resetting your "sort by" preference in the pvr guide at the same time.
post #948 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 08:42 AM

@TV Master,

I use the skip ahead option. 3 + Skip Ahead moves it forward 3 minutes. Don't think I've used FF to scan through commercials since someone told be about being able to negate entire breaks.

post #949 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tico View Post
You are not the only one. It is VERY annoying. Other errors are when you finally manage to navigate your pvr list and select a recording, it plays the first 2 seconds and then boots you back to TV mode - resetting your "sort by" preference in the pvr guide at the same time.
what buttons do you press for 3+ feature?
post #950 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krydor View Post
@TV Master,

I use the skip ahead option. 3 + Skip Ahead moves it forward 3 minutes. Don't think I've used FF to scan through commercials since someone told be about being able to negate entire breaks.
what buttons do you press for 3+ feature?
post #951 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 10:56 AM

recordings into small window

new problem; watching recordings, after less than 5 seonds of starting playback, the picture shrinks into the upper lefthand corner as though i have guide or menu up, even though i do not. when i do hit guide or pvr, the small picture gets even smaller, occupying only the upper left hand corner of that screen. has anyone else had anything like this happen?
post #952 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 11:16 AM
Veteran

IIRC, that's an old problem that hasn't been fixed. I believe it triggered by using the native video mode. Change the video mode to 1080i and it should go away.

At 20 I had a good mind. At 40 I had money. At 60 I've lost my mind and my money. Oh, to be 20 again. --Scary
post #953 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 11:26 AM
Veteran

tvmaster... press 3 (or whatever minutes you want to move ahead) and then the skip ahead button or the FF button to move 3 minutes ahead. Do this fairly quickly or you will end up changing channels instead.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #954 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 11:58 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryBob View Post
IIRC, that's an old problem that hasn't been fixed. I believe it triggered by using the native video mode. Change the video mode to 1080i and it should go away.
i was already in 1080i and i had the 4x3 override on. i did a little further investigation on my recordings, and it was only a few of the SD recordings that caused this. anyway, i turned off the 4x3 override, started watching a program, it didnt cause problems, i switched the override back on, and all is well (at least for now). thnx for your help.
post #955 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 09:18 PM

Nothing on tuner 2

Heres a new one for me. Was watching hockey and af 8pm when pawn stars recording started the screen went black. Not frozen or anything, doesnt say acquiring signal just black screen. Only channel i can picture on is pawn stars. So obviously issue with second tuner. System status for tuner 2 says status n/a (0) strength 95, ecb/no 8.0 db. Tuner 1 is fine. Anyone experiencing this?
post #956 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 09:26 PM

Happened today when I was recording Decoded on History HD at 11 Mountain Time. and watching something on the PVR. It reset itself and everything went back to normal
post #957 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 10:20 PM

ya, it's not a tuner issue.....something about History HD channel or the transponder it's on maybe that is causing the problem. I stopped the recording of Pawn Stars, rebooted the receiver, and tuned to 310, and hit record. Then tuned to 314 and all is fine, both tuners working.

Then stop recording 310, tune to 365 (History HD), hit record and tune back to 314.......and even though now both tuner lights are on in the front, and system status says both are now fine, 314 is black.

I've gone through this cycle with a number of other channels now, and it's only History HD that once I hit record on, really bungs the whole system and the tuners up..........weird.

I'm on hold with SD to see if this is a known issue, but of course been on hold for over an hour now. No call back option.........
post #958 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnucleo View Post
Heres a new one for me. Was watching hockey and af 8pm when pawn stars recording started the screen went black. Not frozen or anything, doesnt say acquiring signal just black screen. Only channel i can picture on is pawn stars. So obviously issue with second tuner. System status for tuner 2 says status n/a (0) strength 95, ecb/no 8.0 db. Tuner 1 is fine. Anyone experiencing this?
yes...exact same thing
post #959 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 10:36 PM

Yep, it's History HD. Burned 2 dual records tonight. I'm picking up the West feeds.
post #960 of 1262 (permalink) Old 2011-10-11, 10:40 PM

weird...only way to clear the problem, is to stop recording History HD manually, tune to another channel (it will still be black), do a channel up or down , and you're back......and again, can record on two tuners as long as one of them is NOT History HD.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in