Shaw Direct 630 Official Problems / Issues / Resolutions Thread. Read posts 1, 2 - Page 15 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #211 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 06:10 PM

WTH! %^$

What happened- ? I just turned on my unit to check recordings, and noticed that NONE of the shows I had set to record tonight had the symbol on the guide. So I checked 'menu' pvr, upcoming recordings--nothing. Gone, evaporated, disappeared between turning off last night and turning on tonight!

I know my cat is smart, but not that smart!

So I have now reset my recording schedule. We shall see.

Any answers?

Shaw Direct DVR830 / DVR 605/ 605, Sony Xbr65" 950E", Sony XBR4 850d, Oppo 980H, Yamaha 7.1 Surround, PS4! WDLive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 06:11 PM
Rookie

Yes JCM, you can use your box with just one line for watching tv until you get the extra line hooked up.It won't record though.
post #213 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 06:40 PM

630 working ok

Have had our 630 just over a week - seems to be working fine so far and is recording the new shows that have started this week.

Only thing I have noticed is when fast forwarding and watching a pre-recorded show (also recording 2 more at same time) the time shown on the bottom of the screen for minutes you have watched the show on the bar graph sometimes bears no relation to the actual point you are in the show. i.e. when I finished watching the 60 minute show, the bar graph showed I had only watched about 40 minutes of the 60 minute show when I had seen the complete show?? Curious if anyone else had similar observations.

Last 2 pre recorded shows I watched the bar graph and minutes was ok.\??

post #214 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 06:57 PM

okanagan1:

I have been noticing the same thing with that progress bar. I am still trying to determine if it only occurs when I use high speed advance.
post #215 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 09:45 PM

smsat:

I was using the 30 second skip forward not the skip forward of say 2 minutes or ?
post #216 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 10:51 AM
Veteran

Another “pixilation” issue

I don’t want to bore with another “pixilation” issue but not having recorded more than a few shows during the 1 ½ weeks using the 630, no recording two programs at once while watching another, observing the “air circulation” issue etc. etc. I was surprised with the poor result of my most recent recording.

CBSE 322 Thursday 12:37 to 1:37am Late, Late Show.
Frequent pixilation blotches and dropped frames.
FF at commercial break, 2/3rd into show took me back to beginning
First forward skip sometimes goes in reverse

Earlier in the evening on Thursday I tried tuning to the Weather Network (no background recording), the info banner said "No Data" and it asked me for the parental lock password (I don't have any locks set up)
post #217 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 01:40 PM

Also missing shows

Knowing that I was working an epic OT shift ahead of time (0330-midnight), I set up my pvr for many Wednesday night recordings, all HD. And at many time 2 at same time. My abc shows from 1700-2000 only recoded the 1st half hour, my 2 hours of Cbs shows and Sportsnet Ultimate fighter show did not record AT ALL. Very upset as I came home wanting to watch something prior to collapsing into bed. Was able to catch ultimate fighter last 30minutes live, but really disappointed. Sure the 530 couldn't record 2 at once, but at least it would record 1 show.

I have browsed through this thread and seems that is common? Or did I read too quickly? Any theme to this ie seems to reset when 2 are recorded same time?

Thanks

Last edited by Wazabi; 2010-09-23 at 01:41 PM. Reason: spelling
post #218 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 07:00 PM

I have no sound on the comedy (547-548) channels?? Anyone else have this or is it just my 630. The channels are fine on my 505's.
post #219 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 08:38 PM
Veteran

Sounds like you were playing around with the User Settings. Press Options-4-1 and make sure "Descriptive Video" is turned OFF. Save the settings and you should get your sound back. If not then turn off the 630 and turn it back on.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #220 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 09:20 PM

My interim results of doing a soft reset after creating recordings from Sunday through today! I have been running multiple simultaneous recordings from 5-11.

Success ... I have not missed a recording or a lock up. I have had recordings with the pixilation but I believe that that's another problem. I am never more positive about my hypothesis that the act of running the plan/schedule cause the unit to become unstable.
post #221 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 10:13 PM

Thanks Gary that did the trick
post #222 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-24, 09:06 AM

Tried out the 630 last night and I set the dog whisper to record all episodes on HD only. It recoreded the 6pm episode on the SD channel. I changed it to record on the specific HD channel number so I will see how that works tonight.

I also ran into the hit skip ahead and it skipped back problem. Another small problem was a couple of times I stopped watching something I recorded and the whole screen shrank into the top left quarter of the screen. As soon as I press a key the screen went back to normal size.

Other than these small problems everything has been working great.
post #223 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-24, 03:21 PM

There are just too many problems with the 630 for one thread.... reading 222 posts is not something that I'm going to do.

Problem #378
- 630 displays blackscreen during playback of a recording (Survivor -Ep02, CBSEHD). No sound, no picture, just display bar at bottom. You're wondering - what happened to my recording.

Workaround for #378
- got recording to playback by
i) selecting recording,
ii)select 'show program info',
iii)pressing 'play' button from there seems to get program working... continue on as normal.

Problem #380
- 2nd hour of the premiere of NCIS:LA seems to have gone funny after 22minutes in.... pixelated image, can't get it to go past.... just black screen.

Workaround:
- dload episode from bittorrent
- record on the 530

Problem #287 is actually a repeat of problem #134, as they are both very similiar....

Panny 47wx52, DMR-e80*C DSR500x2, XBOX 360, Toshiba 26hf84, LG 37LC2D
post #224 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-24, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyoo99 View Post
I set up a Manual recording timer with Weekly Frequency. After some time, I deleted the timer, however, it still shows up in the Upcoming REC screen.

In addition, the timer was set to fire starting Sep 20, 9pm. However, yesterday, at 9:30pm, I realized that the timer is already active as the 630 indicated that dual recordings are in progress....of course, there was nothing being recorded on the 2nd line. However, it locked the channel changes until the other scheduled recording (not the manual recording timer) ended.

Any ideas on how to clear/delete this manual timer for good.
I couldn't find if this issue had been resolved. I'm wondering, as I have something similar. I have a manual recording timer that's set up under Upcoming REC. The thing is, I didn't do it. It's just there. If I delete it, it disappears from its spot, which is kind of in the middle of the upcoming list. It then moves to the first spot on the upcoming list and it won't allow me to delete if from there. If I delete it from its original spot, then exit the screen and go back in, it's just back in its original spot. I have no idea what it is or how it got there. But I wouldn't mind getting rid of it permanently.

The only place it shows up is on the Upcoming REC list. It has no information for time or anything. It just says it's a manual recording with a number afterwards. Has anyone else seen something like this?

The Hans
post #225 of 1256 (permalink) Old 2010-09-24, 07:18 PM
Rookie

manual recording

yup posted about it twice now and no response.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in