That's an interesting outcome. A while back I too had some issues and ended up replacing my Phillips Multiswitch which was the same vintage / model as yours.
Check this thread: https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/11-...please-15.html
I changed it to a Steren 201-747 4x8 Sky Switcher Multi-Switch after I couldn't find a Pico Macom TSMS-4/8 (Current Shaw standard).
Frequency Range: 950-2300 MHz
Noise Figure: 4.8 dB min
Cross Polar Isolation: 40 dB min
LNB to LNB Isolation: 35 dB min
Rec. to Rec. Isolation: 40 dB min
LNB A 13 V/0 kHz
LNB A 17 V/0 kHz
LNB B 13 V/22 kHz
LNB B 17 V/22 kHz
Power Supply Input: 24 Vdc
Receiver Power Input: 13/17 Vdc
Phase III Compatible
The Shaw standard is:
It's specs are pretty much the same. But neither of them fits your Eagle Aspen frequency range. ( 950-2300 MHz Vs. 54-2150 MHz for the Eagle Aspen).
In my situation, once I got the system back working I stopped monkeying around with it (of course!) and never went back to check the Phillips Multiswitch even though I had not fully determined if it was at fault (or the line losses were somehow just too much for it to overcome without the in-line amplifiers.) I also never spent the time to deduce which transponders were involved, or if (like you) the 13v & 18v connections were the problem. Maybe if I get ambitious I'll go back over the data and sort it out.
I didn't scrap the Phillips Multiswitches but suspect they may have contributed to the loss of signal.
What's scary about your problem was the issue was cyclitic and happened at virtually the same time every day. I'm just glad you seem to have it sorted.