Shaw Direct Complaint, Rant, Leaving SD Thread - Page 10 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #136 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-02-15, 12:39 AM
Rookie

DVR 530 #4

Man i am so happy these so called Taiwan ideas die before the warranty!! Unit #4 is on the way. Is there record to beat? Oh i see someone has had 6... Well at least put together, there are 10 less disappointed people out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-02-21, 12:48 AM

Is it possible your dish is pointed thru trees????

Madeira Park B.C.,
Xplornet KA 1Mbps 256Kbps/KU DW4000 Basic,
Telus ADSL, Starchoice T.V.
post #138 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-02-21, 12:51 AM

So how do you like your new Bell Express Vu system:~)

Madeira Park B.C.,
Xplornet KA 1Mbps 256Kbps/KU DW4000 Basic,
Telus ADSL, Starchoice T.V.

post #139 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-02-21, 12:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Willi View Post
Is it possible your dish is pointed thru trees????
Sounds like your a teck for deadnet KA. That system works good in anywhere outside of earths atmosphere.
post #140 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-02-21, 12:22 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Willi View Post
So how do you like your new Bell Express Vu system:~)
Isn't bell express the same DVR with the word MOTOROLA ripped off???
post #141 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-02-21, 12:55 PM
QCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44fixedit View Post
Isn't bell express the same DVR with the word MOTOROLA ripped off???
No, Bell's receivers are made by Echostar and at this time have many more advanced features.
post #142 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-04-06, 05:10 PM
Rookie

Cancel shaw direct, get the name and address of everyone who cancelled before...

So I just recently canceled my shaw direct service. I received a box 2 days later and have been contemplating what do to with it since.
You see, I found that instead of removing old shipping stickers they just slap your new one on top, I was able to peel off my label and clearly read a full name, phone number and address of the person who canceled before me.
I am also able to pull the other 10 stickers stacked up below this one.
If you want picture evidence I will post one shortly.
If anyone has any advice of what to do or what legal action I can seek that would be great.
This is a serious leak of privacy, I am sure these people would not be happy that their addresses are being shared with the next person who cancels. I am very hesitant of sending my box back.
post #143 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-04-06, 05:18 PM

my name and address are listed in a few places for anyone to see - including the phone book.
post #144 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-04-06, 08:12 PM
Rookie

Thats nice.
My name, address and phone number are all unlisted.
Privacy is an important issue.
Upon signing up for Shaw Direct they agreed to keep my information private, the neglect to remove or black out shipping information is solely on the responsibility of Shaw Direct, since they are the ones who made such and agreement. Shipping me 10 other customers mailing address, name and phone number breaks that agreement for them. I can see Shaw Direct intended to continue this process, and would therefore break my agreement.

Last edited by theCerberus; 2010-04-06 at 09:17 PM.
post #145 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-04-06, 09:28 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCerberus View Post
...I was able to peel off my label and clearly read a full name, phone number and address of the person who canceled before me...If anyone has any advice of what to do or what legal action I can seek that would be great.
I assume that you received a box to return equipment? How do you know these other people canceled? Perhaps it was just warranty returns.

You're asking about legal action for a sticker on a box with somebody else's address? Just contact the Privacy Officer at Shaw Direct and leave it at that. No damage has been done.
post #146 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-08-29, 10:01 AM
Veteran

Thumbs down CSR-Fail

Here's my current rant/complaint.

WSBK goes to black last night while a family member is watching. Troubleshooting was already done for me as the family member reports no reception on other receivers.

Call SD and punch in the channel number to see if they are aware of an issue. Message says no known problems with channel so I get transferred. Report problem and ask girl if she can check at her end.

Have to provide my name, number, etc. She checks account and proceeds to tell me I'm not subscribed to that channel. Strike 1. I really don't have time to educate their CSRs at this point. I was not ready to go into an explanation of why I have the channel and why I have had it for probably well in excess of 5 years without being "subscribed". I remember that this channel is on free preview so just tell her that. OK-she seems content with that although I could tell by the reaction that she knew nothing about the free preview. Strike 2.

So I go on hold and she must have checked the status of the channel as well as the free preview because she then acknowledged that the channel was out and that it would be escalated. She then proceeds to tell me that the free preview ends on August 31st and she doesn't know if it will be extended. (Who cares about the free preview. I'll still have the channel.) I'm really miffed at this misinformation because I know that the website indicates the free preview is going until October 31st. Strike 3. CSR=fail.
post #147 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-08-31, 03:19 PM
Rookie

Still upset

Am I the only one who is still bent out of shape about losing channels like Tv Land Canada last year?

I went to the CRTC for help with this. Although kind and courteous, no help.
post #148 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-08-31, 05:47 PM
Veteran

the CRTC can not force a provider to carry a category 2 channel. like TV Land, which btw no longer exists. It is now Comedy Gold.
post #149 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-08-31, 10:11 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve1yx View Post
Am I the only one who is still bent out of shape about losing channels like Tv Land Canada last year?

I went to the CRTC for help with this. Although kind and courteous, no help.
No, you're not alone. I'm still bent out of shape over them ditching TV Land and also Court TV and Sun TV. You can call them under the old name or the new name. It doesn't matter. The channels are not carried.

For the record, I'm also still bent out of shape over them still not having added bpm:tv.
post #150 of 651 (permalink) Old 2010-09-02, 03:44 PM
Rookie

Thumbs down Deceptive Tactics

The last increase in price was it for me. When I called in to cancel the rep asked what I was going to use. I told him I was going back to antenna. His response was " you know that's soon going to be obsolete right?". This is patently false and very deceptive. The US broadcasters are finished converting and the Canadian broadcasters are mandated to convert to digital by the CRTC.
I told him I was quite happy with the 20+ digital channels that were already converted and expected the last few would come in by the deadline.
No more bills. No more increases. No more channel changes. Buh Bye Shaw

Tags
complaint , rant , shaw direct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in