In a nutshell,
* if you are a new customer to HAFH, you have to pay 75% additional to what your current bill is
* if you are an existing customer, you have to pay 50% additional to what your current bill is
* apparently, not available at all if you are in the U.S.
* if you registered for this program many years ago, they don't even know that you are currently on the program, apparently because the method used now is different from years ago, so you are likely in the clear - suggestion: keep mouth shut and remain ignorant of any changes
* they don't want you using two locations at one time so if you do have two locations, it seems that they will be happy to shut down one location and you can avoid additional fees this way
* if you set up your own dish, they still have no way of knowing unless you tell them
* not sure how they plan to implement this or roll this out
* shutting down one location while leaving another active would be a nightmare for weekend campers or cottage goers - sitting on hold a minimum of one hour each week and then doing the same when you get back home
* Shaw Direct seems to be going the way of Bell - inept CSRs, CSRs who don't speak English well, limiting service to one location only, clueless CSRs who don't even know what channels they offer
* Shaw Direct is quickly losing whatever edge they may have had - they are way behind in channels, twice a year rate increases, unacceptable "hold" times when calling, lack of knowledge of CSRs (likely due to poor or little training) and lack of experience due to high turnover.