Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Breaking Bad

32K views 212 replies 53 participants last post by  jshel101 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen this yet? It's on AMC TV. I really like it but the f and sh words are lightly bleeped out. Is this the way it is on the Rogers feed from AMC?

#60 ·
What I'm wondering about is what's going to happen when somebody follows Jessie or Walt when they drive to the "laundry".

Seems odd that Walt just leaves his place, peanut butter and jelly sandwich in hand, and heads straight to a massive drug manufacturing plant.

And I'm anxious to see how Hank will react to Walt's new place. I mean, how could they afford that?

Someone had suggested in a previous post that Walt should dump his Aztek. Yes, let's go buy a Porsche Cayenne on a $43,000 yearly salary after undergoing crazy expensive cancer treatment and see if that doesn't raise an eyebrow...

The show is just crazy good... I can't wait for the next episodes!!!

#69 ·
What I'm wondering about is what's going to happen when somebody follows Jessie or Walt when they drive to the "laundry".

Seems odd that Walt just leaves his place, peanut butter and jelly sandwich in hand, and heads straight to a massive drug manufacturing plant.
As far as anyone on the outside is concerned, he's working in the laundry..
that's the beauty of the setup.

#66 ·
Bob Odenkirk was born to play that role! He is awesome in it.

As a side note, he was recently bumped from a CBS sitcom as they wanted to tame down his character after focus groups didn't like him but he was unavailable for re-shoots (due to surgery, I think) and they had to replace him.

ps: Hank is like Captain Ahab with his Great White Whale chasing after Hisenberg. Wonder how long until Hisenberg realizes his only escape is through the elimination of Hank?

#67 ·
Couple of picky points, when Hank hit the cuz point blank he reacted like the terminator, at least he could have flinched.
I had the same thought: A bulletproof vest stops the bullet, but that bullet still has a truckload of momentum behind it, much like the arms seller experienced first-hand.
With that said, though, I attributed it to poetic license - not everything has to be totally true-to-life; I like that the cousins were so calm and cold-blooded.

#72 ·
^^^
Ditto.
Fantastic character study. You don't need guns and blood to create drama (and in fact, it often gets in the way and/or is a poor substitute for actual drama).

Great writing along with superb acting will always trump stuff getting blow'd up reeeeal good (at least as far as creating drama).

I can't remember the last on-screen shoot-out that didn't have me bored to distraction (ok - the exception was the episode of BB where Hank was given the one-minute warning - that would be one of the few). But in your typical Numb3rs episode (to name just one example), do we really worry about any central character getting killed? Is there any drama or suspense there?

On the other hand, I was literally hanging on every word that Walt was saying in his sleep-deprived/sleeping pilled stupor - was he going to 'fess up about the night Jane died? THAT was riveting TV!

#74 ·
Pinkman's days are numbered...

I frankly don't know why he would want to skim off the top and take stupid risks when he is making way more money at this (without having to put his butt on the line) than he could ever make given his skill as a dealer.

Walter knows and he will have no choice but to do something about it, for fear of getting exposed if (or rather when) Jesse and his small time crooks get arrested.

#81 ·
Even though I was the only one in the room, I stood up and applauded at the end of last night's episode. Just a brilliant conclusion to another brilliant episode!

Totally stoked for the season finale next week, but alas....then I have to wait another 39 weeks for the next episode..... :(

#85 ·
It was simply a stylistic move by the director (show-runner Vince Gilligan wrote and directed the finale) to swing around and take the bullet straight into the lens.

In an interview, Gilligan said that one would not be wrong to assume that Gale took a bullet.

As for the episode (and the season in general), I honestly cannot remember being so captivated by an entire season of a show. There was not a single moment where I was bored, or tempted to just open up my computer and do some reading while watching - no way did I want to miss even a single word, glance, look, shrug, or anything else that was happening on-screen.

Every other drama on tv right now is playing for second in category of "best series" - it's not even close.

Totally sucks that we have to wait 39 weeks for the next episode. :mad:

But, on the bright side, at the end of season 2, Vince Gilligan said in an interview with Alan Sepinwall that he envisioned things probably wrapping up in a fourth season, and that was about it. In his season-ending interview with Sepinwall this year, though, he hints at things possibly going longer.
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-a...ator-vince-gilligan-post-mortems-season-three

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.