Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Automating Decora switches incl 3 way

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  e268 
#1 · (Edited)
Want to setup a relatively simple home automation system to essentially timer control various lights with decora style switches.
One key light is wired as a 3 way, although I'm open to changing the wiring on one of the switches as it's never used.

A few things I would like to address:
1. Not nuts about the Lutron Caseta switches as I don't really need dimmers for most. Would prefer to use a company that has simple rocker type switches or similar.
2. Ideally a brand will offer the ability to address 3 way switches
3. My family uses iPhones so ideally Homekit compliant.

Any suggestions? The newly announced Leviton switches seem like what I should look at but not sure if they address 3 way setups.

Thanks

#2 ·
I use Insteon hub, light switches and lamp modules. It does not require 3 wires to do 3-way control but all of them come with dimmers which are easy to control by hand. There are 2 types of hubs. one is homekit compatible and the other is not. The non-homekit hub is compatible with Logitech Harmony Hub which I use to control my AV and lighting. I also use my iphone, ipad to control lighting I can also check on my lighting while away on vacation.

#3 ·
Digital Home really is a strange place isn't it? Here, some people want help to know about the routers which is three floors below (never saw the router with his own eyes, just getting the signals from it). And here, someone wants suggestions for his home automation decora...

#4 ·
I don't understand what you mean "strange". People come here to ask for help, opinion, and advice, and most importantly real world experience of certain equipment or devices. Yes, one can google for reviews, but a lot of these reviews are biased and reviewers receive benefits from product companies, so they have to stay away from direct commments and hide the real truth between the lines. So, I do not find it "stange" at all. There are a huge amount of expertise in the forum members.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.