Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Newbie with an ELK M1 - Getting it to arm...

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mrcanuck 
#1 ·
Hey Everybody. I just got my hands on a used ELK M1 GOLD unit from a friend. He helped me set up a basic system at my place (2x smoke detectors, a couple of motion sensors, and a door magnet sensor). The system was running fine for awhile after my friend set it up. I've been reading the install book provided by ELK and was browsing through the Install section #9 , specifically zone definitions in subsection #5. I don't believe I changed anything, but after hitting the ELK button on my keypad to return to the main menu I can no longer arm the system. The green led lit ready button is active and solid, and the LCD reads "Ready to ARM", but when I hit the exit button nothing happens...and then input my user code and it beeps and there is a icon clock that shows up next to the ready to arm message and after 20-30 seconds it goes away and the system remains the same? Any idea what I did?

Thanks for your time!

SM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.