Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

GSM Alarm System Not Sending Alerts!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sunstealth 
#1 ·
Hi, I am obviously new on this site.
I am a bit techy (more so about car electronics than home electronics but I can get my way through) but not a "master" at understanding everything.

I came here to understand better and to get an answer to my problem (and have my wife's parents stop asking me when their alarm will be functional)

My problem is this : They bought what seemed to be the best suited gsm alarm system we could find
on the web which had these characteristics: GSM able, wireless sensors, wireless control panel with a backup battery, remote activation, android phone app and the ever so important SMS/call notice

the alarm brand and model is KERUI KR-8218G

everything was installed physically as per the instructions, everything works as expected for an alarm aside from one thing, when the alarm goes off (upon testing) we never, I state never do get any notice at all be it sms or call. The alarm has a koodo prepaid sim installed in it , the sim was tested in a phone and it does work properly.
the phone numbers have been correctly entered at all places in the control panel (it seems)

what could be wrong with my install , im at a loss now, I need helps seriously ( inlaw are not happy)

thank you !

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.