Reception Issues Jan 1st - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2008-01-01, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Reception Issues Jan 1st

Anyone else having reception issues this morning? I need to go out and check my dish but I am seeing what look like switch issues. I have never seen snow accumulation problems before but the snow today looks quite wet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2008-01-01, 11:31 AM

A number of the Canadian stations were off plus the HD channels (Evu) for a short period of time. Not sure what the problem was.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2008-01-01, 11:47 AM
Veteran

my wife mentioned the same thing to me...by the time i got out of bed, got some clothes on and went downstairs to check it out, it was on...i will go out in a bit and make sure the dish is clear...it looks like we got some wet sticky snow last night.

Panasonic TP42PX60, Yamaha DTS receiver, Mission 73 series speakers, 100% sweetness!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2008-01-01, 12:59 PM
Veteran

No issue here today, but we did yesterday afternoon...when I hooked back my 3100 all the receivers went down!

I answer based on what I learned when I was working at BEV...it's possible that somethings have changed since then
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2008-01-01, 02:08 PM

I had problems with 845 "the Score HD" and the football game. They eventually changed the feed from HD to SD.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2008-01-01, 02:11 PM

I had no signal this morning....
Thankfully, I have the dish installed within brooms reach from a bedroom window, and after a quick Russ Howard impression, I am back in business
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2008-01-01, 02:38 PM

I tried the Russ Howard thing, but yelling "Hurry!" didn't work, damn. I had to make like Russ' poor overworked sweepers and actually clear the snow, then it came back on.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2008-01-01, 08:02 PM
Veteran

Satelitte is now down on the South Shore of Montreal... Luck me, I had a bitch landlord who yelled at the technician that nothing should be on the roof...he installed it on the balcony. I just opened the patio door sholved the snow...and it's back!

I answer based on what I learned when I was working at BEV...it's possible that somethings have changed since then
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2008-01-02, 01:39 AM
Veteran

I have a good wife, she had the snow brushed off the 82 dish before i got out of bed!! But she couldn't reach the other one. I threw a snowball at it and the snow fell off.

Samsung TV, Pio-Elite AVR, OppoBD, Wharfedale Speakers, Kicker/Crown Subs, DB-4e OTA:)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in