Billing mistakes here too... - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-10-31, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

The account is under her name so technicly she is the one who was renting it (we live together)...

I answer based on what I learned when I was working at BEV...it's possible that somethings have changed since then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-01, 12:23 AM

Was your mothers rental term up before you adjusted your mothers account to add a 5900 from another customers account and cancelled her rental without company authorization.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-01, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Yes, her rental contract had ended in May and the receiver was deactivated in August. I'm not the one who proceeded the transaction, I used the regular channel, I called the call center. I previously entered the information about the other 5900 (the purchase one) on the account, and about the transfer from the other account to my mother's. I requested that it be activated on the same call...

I didn't ajust anything to the account...didn't rquest any form of credits, and as you can read I'm not even the one who deactivated the receiver. Your statement cancelled her rental whithout the compagny's autorisation is therefore wrong...I'm not the one who did it, my name is on the account as a third party, I have the PIN, I'm the one who pays all the bills, all this making me autorised to make changes to the account, which is what I did. There's no reason why it took, in the first place over a month to receive the box, and why I'm billed till the 22nd of November when they received the receiver on October 13th...

I answer based on what I learned when I was working at BEV...it's possible that somethings have changed since then

Last edited by Ex Agent EV; 2007-11-01 at 07:34 AM.

post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-01, 09:17 AM

Note the name an employee number of the person who takes the call that day, and ask the name an employee code (ABC, it's three digit letters only or letter + numbers) of the person who puts the note that they have received it.
If you don't hear from them in 3 to 6 weeks call again...
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-01, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Very funny... Already done it, as I said previously just witing the next bill to see...

post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-01, 12:09 PM

LOL Ex Agent, I find this so amusing, it is my entertainment for the day. Yes BELL and BEV are one piece of work, don`t u thunk!!!!
post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-03, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

I certainly don't find it amusing... Never had problems with Bell telephone, Bell Mobility or even Bell Sympatico, but I had my share of mistakes with Express Vu before, and after, being an Agent...

post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-03, 06:27 PM

So what does it mean when you say.
Quote:
Now that I'm just a regular customer billling mistakes starts...
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-04, 11:45 AM

QUOTE]I'm not the one who did it, my name is on the account as a third party, I have the PIN, I'm the one who pays all the bills, all this making me autorised to make changes to the account,[/QUOTE]
Actually, the only thing that would make you authorized to make a change is if you are listed as a co-user on the account. Paying the bills, doesn't make you authorized to make a change onthe account. I could go in and pay Hugh's bill, but it doesn't mean I'm allowed to change or request any information on his account.

Quote:
There's no reason why it took, in the first place over a month to receive the box, and why I'm billed till the 22nd of November when they received the receiver on October 13th...
If you'r legacy billing date is different than your one bill date, it would make perfect sense, and as a former CSR, you should know as it's one of the things you need to explain to your customers.

Nem, who thinks of 'yo mama' jokes every time he reads this thread

The preceding post and all opinions expressed are solely those of the poster and do not reflect the opinions of any other person or business
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-04, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Nemnoch re-read what you quoted... I'm a third party on the account! Third party for Express Vu is the same as what Bell calls co-user!!! At Express Vu actually if you have the PIN, regardless if your name is listed or not on the account asa third party you are autorised to make changes to the account. If you give me your bank card and the PIN linked I could whitdraw all you money, can't I?

Therfore I was autorised to make changes and deactivate the receiver. I called in at the call center to deactivate the receiver and activate the new purchased one, I didn't do it myself.

Difference of the Legacy billing date versus One bill has nothing to do with sending the boxes. When a rental receiver is deactivated system is supposed to automatically send out boxes. Seems like it didn't work out in that case.

The rules was to tell client it could take 3-6 week before they receive the box, therefore if they were moving, even in cases were they were cancelling account I needed a follow up adress

Are you trying to tell me Nemnoch that you find normal that a receiver that was deactivated on August 30th, received by the compagny on October 13th is billed to the client until November 22nd?

Last edited by Ex Agent EV; 2007-11-04 at 11:10 PM.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-05, 01:03 AM

According to what I know from asking my own questions of CSR's about billing dates and having moved from the legacy billing systems to Bell's One Bill, credits, returns, charges are all done on the legacy billing system and then transfered to the One Bill. It's that way for all Bell lines of business.

As the legacy billing date is almost never the same as the One Bill billing date, credits may not show up on the first bill after they are applied to the legacy billing system. (you can see this by looking at your One Bill and noting the billing date and billing period for the One Bill [on the top of your One Bill] and then noting the actual billing period quoted under each line of business)
From the sounds of it, your legacy billing date is before the 13th, but your One Bill billing date is the 22nd.
So the credit would apply on the next billing cycle along with the return date information.

Nem, who did some checking when he first moved to the One Bill

The preceding post and all opinions expressed are solely those of the poster and do not reflect the opinions of any other person or business
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-05, 09:41 AM

Ex Agent said;

Quote:
At Express Vu actually if you have the PIN, regardless if your name is listed or not on the account asa third party you are autorised to make changes to the account
Just a word of warning here, the PIN is by default the last 4 #'s of your telephone #.

I would advise people to change this during your next call to Express Vu, if it is still that.
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-05, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Nimiq 1 that info is totally wrong....

The PIN is added by the CSR on the activation, if he forgets to ask the client what he woul like to have as a PIN the space stays blank on the accout. Express Vu doesn't use a "by default" PIN...

In my case the account was originally under my name, I'm the one who set up the account, the programming AND the PIN. When we requested to have he one bill the closed the account that was under my name and opened that one under my mom's name, keeping the PIN I has set up for the account originally

post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-05, 02:51 PM

Agent, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have HUNDREDS of Work Orders, no I have Thousands, of Work Orders in our office.

Our Tech's record the PIN on them so the customer is aware of it for future reference.

Almost all are the last 4#'s of the phone number.

I have been with technicians when receivers are being activated, if the customer does not have a PIN that they want to use, the CSR says, we will use the last 4 digits of your Telephone number.

Either way, I do not care what you say, I am just warning people that if it is the last 4 digits of the phone number they should change it.

End of Story.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 2007-11-06, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

It was certainly not the case when I was there...maybe things changed over the last month and an a half.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in