Online Programming System Error Problem - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-10-13, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Online Programming System Error Problem

Anyone getting the following error: There has been a system error while attempting to process your request. If desired, you may restart the service. when attempting to enhance your Expressvu programming online? I have had success previously when I have substituted theme packs online but for the last week or so I keep getting this error. I am allowed to view my existing programming, but I keep receiving this error when I go into "enhance programming".
Any help would be appreciated as the CSR on the phone advised they could not help me but would take my changes over the phone. All well and good, however the web option was one of the selling features for me going with Bell as a provider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 04:36 PM
Veteran

If you make changes to your theme packs you have to wait 1 month before you can change it again , also if you want to order ethnic channels you have to call , at least that is what I had to do .
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 06:39 PM
Veteran

Yo can make all changes to your account on line, as long as it represents an upgrade or change for the same value. On line system would not let you "downgrade"

If you are triying to order etnic channel, or AOV movies you will get a warning that you need to have the "upgrade kit" to be able to receive those channels

You need to have the programming for a minimum of 30 days before you could remove it, but theme swap are accepted at any time since themes are the same value

I've been trying to add US networks to my programming today an got the same error you did, so there must be a generalised problem with the on line order system.

Unfortunatly agents at Express Vu are not provided with information or troubleshootng tips on how to resolve problems with the website

The other optio would be to make your change with an agent on the phone, or to send an e-mail in the contact us section

I answer based on what I learned when I was working at BEV...it's possible that somethings have changed since then

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-10-16, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, must be a problem on their end as all I was wanting to do was change for the same value, no up or downgrade. Can someone verify if this one change a month online is true?, I thought for certain I had made multiple changes within a month in the past, but these were just swapping them packs around, no rate changes involved.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-10-16, 08:47 AM
Veteran

I know the system would let yu syncronize your programming only once a month throught the site, but never heard that there was a limit of one transaction on the site...

I will try again today to add the US network and see if it works

I answer based on what I learned when I was working at BEV...it's possible that somethings have changed since then
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-10-16, 02:27 PM
Veteran

Since that the issue got fixed...I was able to add the second feed of the US networks on line as I had planned to

I also saw, to my surprise, that the rental cost has already been removed...I was prepared for a fight next bill!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-12-29, 05:31 AM

So can you swap theme packs more than once a month or not?

I tried and got a message telling me to try again later or phone.

Is the "Enhance Programming" available 24 hours a day? I was trying late at night and wondered if that was the problem.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-12-29, 10:22 AM
Veteran

You can swap there more than once a month...but most probably the on-line system won't let you do it. The agent on the phone might also refuse to do it for you saying that you need to keep it for a minimum of 30 days. If it's a swamp for 2 themes of the same valuethey should accept it

The on-line services should be available 24/7

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-12-29, 10:28 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Agent EV View Post
The on-line services should be available 24/7
Rogers has real people available 24/7...i like that much better.

Panasonic TP42PX60, Yamaha DTS receiver, Mission 73 series speakers, 100% sweetness!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-12-29, 11:04 AM

Have you ever thought of ditching Express Vu and moving to Rogers.?.....lol

I just used the automated system to add 2 new 6100's to my account, it worked faster than calling in....

I was really surprised.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-12-29, 01:08 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Rogers has real people available 24/7...i like that much better
Express Vu does too...for technical issues!

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-12-31, 12:46 PM

I don't know about Rogers but unfortunately expressvus 24/7 does not speak english. the must use the same csrs as sympatico
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-12-31, 03:44 PM
Veteran

I could asssure you that CSR's at Express Vu and Sympatico are not the same...

When you call after hours and select the options for technical support your call might get transfered to one of he rep at Express Vu call center in India.

There is also reps taking calls "after hours" from the Montreal call center were lots of agents are Haïtians

To be hired at Express Vu all agents must speak French and English...

To avoid getting a rep in India choose French for language. your call will be transerred to Montreal were agents are bilingual (French and English)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in