Procedures for Buying and Selling of BTV Receivers - See Post 1 - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 669 (permalink) Old 2006-11-05, 10:58 PM
Ryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0WD0WN View Post
Another important issue to note, if you do not call and de-activate your IRD, the buyer can simply plug it into a dish, point it at 91 or 91+82, and get all your subbed channels. Knowing this. it is suprising that Bell will not call previous owners to confirm the sale. The buyer with good intentions, could get frustrated and simply plug the IRD in and enjoy TV, on your tab.
That might happen but the correct procedure would be for the Bell rep to verify that it has been sold. They won't contact the original owner of the IRD but they inform the buyer that they must contact the original buyer and have them call Expressvu and verify the transfer. The Bell Rep then notes the account and the new owner's name is entered into the notes. When the buyer calls back he can have the IRD activated on his account.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 669 (permalink) Old 2006-11-08, 09:03 PM

I sold mine a couple of years ago, notified the rep at the time and several times later that the receiver should be removed from my account but even now I still see it listed under my profile under bell.ca. Does this mean the guy I sold it to has been free loading off me all this time?

Mitsubishi HC1500 projector, 3 FibreOp 2.0 HDTV receivers, Draper 120 inch screen, HD Media PC i7 920, ATI 4800 Radeon.
post #48 of 669 (permalink) Old 2006-11-08, 09:21 PM

If you told bell that you sold the receiver they should of disactivated it as well. More than likely they wanted it for something else.

post #49 of 669 (permalink) Old 2006-11-09, 02:52 PM

I every body, i try to find a new or used receiver. 9200 expressvu
If anybody have information about that, let me know.
Max
post #50 of 669 (permalink) Old 2006-12-24, 06:45 PM
ARR

Unhappy Bell.ca is USELESS!

Does anybody have a link to the official document/policy on cost of cards?
I recently sold a 5100 that has not been subbed for many years with an old ROM 3.
The new owners, who already has an account says they want $69 for a new card.
Shouldn't they get that back once it's activated on an existing account?
post #51 of 669 (permalink) Old 2007-01-02, 03:41 PM

card

Not necessarily. Technically, you have to pay for the cards. But, I have managed to talk BEV into 2 free cards on various ocassions.... given that I'm paying them about $100 a month in sub fees helped a bit.

Tell new owner to tell BEV that the rec was bought at a flee mrkt and it did not have the card with it and he was unaware that it needed one. A bit of begging might go a long way as well.
post #52 of 669 (permalink) Old 2007-01-02, 07:36 PM
ARR

Thanks, it would seem they can get the deposit on the card back if they sign another several year contract.
They've been a paying sub for > 5 years now.

They don't sound like a very customer friendly organization to deal with.

Someone had posted a link/document a while ago, but who knows if it's still in place.

Chances are the deal changes depending upon what agent you get.

It be be nice if Bell.ca had sone Terms & Conditions and Policies outlined.
Getting through can be a real PITA.

Tnx fer ur help!
post #53 of 669 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 01:04 PM

I believe the customer service agreement makes it clear that the cards remain the property of Bell ExpressVu........regardless the card itself states that it is Bell ExpressVu property even if you have purchased the equipment.
post #54 of 669 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 07:42 PM
ARR

That's fine, then they should loan it to you for as long as you subscribe the unit.

Why would anybody PAY for something that you don't own?
post #55 of 669 (permalink) Old 2007-01-21, 11:43 AM

Buying a used PVR

I have just bought a sony kdl52xbr3
I dont have hd signal
If i buy a pvr and dish will that get me a signal?

Sorry if this sounds stupid but i am a NEWBIE and just wondering all avenues?

Bev or Telus if available or Shaw??
Which is the best way to go?
Thanks
post #56 of 669 (permalink) Old 2007-01-22, 10:03 AM

The equipment, ie. PVR and the satellite dish, makes you capable of receiving the signal. But you will need to subscribe to the service to actually activate your PVR and smart card so it decodes the signal. There are a number of packages available thru Bell. Generally, pick a package and add approx $10 per month if you want the HD programming. If you don't subscribe and pay for it, you will not get HD programming. I have Bell, so I cannot speak to the offerings of other service providers. Check providers web sites for detailed info on packages.
post #57 of 669 (permalink) Old 2007-01-22, 09:48 PM

Question HD Receivers for Bell

Hi
I hope this question is OK to post here. I am a Bell subscriber currently using Bell activated 3100 and Dish 4500C receivers. Both work great. Now have upgraded the TV to 42" Panasonic HDTV with HDMI inputs so am looking at HD channels. It seems the Dish network has a lot more HD receivers and they are available on "that other site" for reasonable prices. Bell CSR was no help on this. Can I activate a newer Dish HD or HD PVR (for example the 921, 942, 622) on my Bell service?? What about the older Dish 501 PVR?
Any information is most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Marg
post #58 of 669 (permalink) Old 2007-01-22, 09:56 PM

NO! Bell will not activate dish branded receivers.
post #59 of 669 (permalink) Old 2007-02-18, 10:47 PM
gmd

Adding HD

What are the current promotions for someone wanting to add HD? (any for someone who needs a dish upgrade)

-gmd

SC: 8-Feb-02>21-Jul-09 (TFO) | EVu: 23-Jan to 03-Feb-07, back 20-Jun-09
Bell, French packages, pls! Long live OTA!
post #60 of 669 (permalink) Old 2007-02-19, 04:25 PM

Yes there is a promotion for HD upgrade, just go on bell's website and click on offers for currrent subscribers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in