Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

New Activations by Appt Only now?

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  hdefjunkie 
#1 ·
Here is a good one, I finally convinced my neighbour to make the switch to Bell from cable and we set up his dish last week and he purchased 3 receivers locally which are clear to activate so I'm over there helping him get this setup and he goes through all the info process of package, hardware numbers ect, then he is told that the earliest someone can come out is next Thursday. That's when I got on the phone and told the rep that the dish was already self-installed and he is ready for activation. Still, the earliest he can get in for activation is next Thursday to which I said we are calling today for activation that's why we are calling in. I asked to speak to a supervisor and we were on hold then the call disconnected. Does Bell do activations by appt only now? I've never heard of this before

#2 ·
Well we managed to get him up and going sort of. Bell had to set up something called a shell account as it was apparently the only way to get going today allegedly, I’ve never heard of this before. Also he has three receivers 9400,6131 & 6400 all bought second hand and the 9400 is totally up and running but the 6131 & 6400 are both missing a bunch of channels(not all the same ones) he called Bell back this afternoon and had a re hit done to no avail. He checked to make sure that nothing was locked or locked out in settings and all was not locked, so I will go back over tomorrow and call Bell again to see what the issue is.

#8 ·
I believe the smart card for the 6131 was updated some years ago.
Yes I think so although this particular 6131 receiver was purchased from the original owner who bought it new in 2009, but you are correct that all later 6131’s and all refurbished ones all came with external cards I think anyway. The Internal SC he has still starts with S04

#12 ·
Well we got the new Smart Card installed on the 6131 tonight and my neighbor is thrilled. It was easy and painless. I’m not sure if he got sent a newer N3 G4 smart card that a select few got last year or the older N3 G3 card but this card was mostly all white where his other cards are Blue & White in his 9400 & 6400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.