Leaving BTV or got a Rant then post it here! - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-07, 04:01 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 14
EVUCSR
Well as a new sub I don't think that they do anything, I recently ordered ExpressVu on the internet and when they came to install it, they showed up with no equipment because they thought it was a service call. So I made another appointment and the second time they showed up with no equipment, this time the installer told me it was because the 5200 was being recalled, so I called EV once again and the person on the phone said they were on back order but I could get two 5900 for the same price ($600) and I replied that there only $125 right now and she could give me two for $250. She said no and after an argument I had her transfer me to the escalation department. The guy on the phone was nice and polite and offered me two months free programming (which I already go when I signed up) for the trouble, so I made a third appointment. They showed up a third time with out the 5200 but with the 3100 and the guy left and came back with a 5200. I had him install it on the side of my house and I later notice he did not secure it to a beam. So only my siding is holding up my dish since I have no plywood under it, just pink Styrofoam. My wife call to complain because when the wind blows the sat loses signal. They told her if she has a signal than there is nothing they can do about it. So I call and he told me this is the third call from us today which it was only the second , so I told them to get some one out here to fix it and the CSR asked me why I did not ask them to put it on a stud. (maybe I should have done the install myself then) Well after 35 min of arguing with me and giving me stupid excuses, he is finally sending some one out to fix it. But now I will have four holes in my siding. On a side not I also ordered sympatico and although they billed me wrong on the first bill they fix it within 5 min. and the lady was very nice but EV makes me want to leave bell altogether.

DEATHMASTER
DeathMaster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-07, 04:15 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMaster
EVUCSR
he is finally sending some one out to fix it. But now I will have four holes in my siding. On a side not I also ordered sympatico and although they billed me wrong on the first bill they fix it within 5 min. and the lady was very nice but EV makes me want to leave bell altogether.

DEATHMASTER
Sympatico has it's share of similar stories I'm sure. I know a few people that work there. Bottom line is, your install is in warranty for 90 days after install. So I don't know why you're getting the run around. Bell contracts out the installs, so it doesn't cost Bell a dime if a customer is not satisfied (within 90 days). All the contractors have to give a 90 day warranty. Also, like with any work being done on your property, it's always good to be there, or at least leave a set of detailed instructions. After all, it's your house, and if things go wrong, you have your instructions to back up a claim, ex: I told them not to fasten the cable to the gutters.. etc..
EVUCSR is offline  
post #78 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-07, 07:49 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3
Angry Expresvu's attitude

I cancelled my service with Bellvu.express as of yesterday because of their attitude and the way they treated me as a customer! I had the service in my RV which ofcourse I only use in the summer time, in fall I use their "Vacation policy" which puts my service dormand for the winter months and re-instate it in May by calling them and asking to re-activate! I have been doing this for several years with no problems or hazzles, exept this spring they sent me a bill saying my service had automatically been restarted in April and I owed $ 59.60, I tried to reason with them, explaining that the service was indeed seasonal and had been for many years, however to no avail! 'either pay or hit the road' is literally their attitude, I did the latter!
Now they have advised me that besides the $ 59.60 I also owe for one month of notice, the email I got threatened with collection should I decide not to pay this amount including service charges!
I tried to tell them that instead of antagonising a client maybe they should put some efford into trying to retain a client, however this to fell on deaf ears!
With the only company in Canada who supplies a service useable in an RV, they realize they can get away with this kind of attitude, which leaves a person with little choice but to take their BS over the phone and literally put up and shut up! When is our Government going to stop this kind of protection of a multi national and open up the market to some healthy competition? I am sure if Direct TV was available in Canada, Bellvu would indeed smarten up in a hurry!
reneritter is offline  
 
post #79 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-07, 09:41 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: (Rogers)
Posts: 509
Red face

reneritter you can try Star Choice...

EVUCSR....I f you would like I can PM all the email that went back and forth...I never received a phone call when I disconnected...I even gave them the opportunity to try and keep me....I was on contract until June 23rd...So with 30 days notice (crock of [email protected]#T). I will be paying my last bill in another day or two and that will be that. I agree that its a big merry go round, but I read alot more rants about bell than I do rogers....I guess its when you have a bad experience you don't return....I am paying for another month and a half, but I have already traded my receivers to rogers for real choice promo. Thats how pissed Iw as at bell. I payed 2 months of service and I don't eeven have the recievers to watch it..........OH well I got what I was after I am now watching HD and loving it....I should thank bell because I was going to pay for a pvr and a HD receiver, but rogers gave me 2 HDPVR's for as long as I am a customer....If you would like those emails let me know

PEACE!
Damnit is offline  
post #80 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-07, 10:45 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 14
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVUCSR
Sympatico has it's share of similar stories I'm sure. I know a few people that work there. Bottom line is, your install is in warranty for 90 days after install. So I don't know why you're getting the run around. Bell contracts out the installs, so it doesn't cost Bell a dime if a customer is not satisfied (within 90 days). All the contractors have to give a 90 day warranty. Also, like with any work being done on your property, it's always good to be there, or at least leave a set of detailed instructions. After all, it's your house, and if things go wrong, you have your instructions to back up a claim, ex: I told them not to fasten the cable to the gutters.. etc..

well I was there, I work 5pm-5am and stayed up on all three occasions for the install. I gave them specific instructions to secure the dish to the side of the house. Well it is not secure at all. When I built my house I did not need to tell the builder to make a house that is not going to fall down, why should I have to tell them to put it on a stud, I guess the obvious is not to obvious with bell workers!
DeathMaster is offline  
post #81 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-07, 12:10 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 69
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneritter
I cancelled my service with Bellvu.express as of yesterday because of their attitude and the way they treated me as a customer! I had the service in my RV which ofcourse I only use in the summer time, in fall I use their "Vacation policy" which puts my service dormand for the winter months
Bell's vacation policy is not the winter month's, it's a little more precise. A vacation adjustment means you can put your account dormant for a one time fee (not monthly) for a min 6 weeks to a max 6 months before auto restart. So you obviously went up to the six month mark this year, where as in other years you hadn't hence why you had to call them. They do this to save you money, otherwise if you cancelled everytime, you'd have to pay your thirty days notice, plus a $35 reconnect charge when you activated again in the spring.
EVUCSR is offline  
post #82 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-07, 02:11 PM
aa
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVUCSR
Bell's vacation policy is not the winter month's, it's a little more precise.
It's so nice and reasurring that Bell knows what is best for everyones vaction time. I guess all their employees only have time off in the summer months.
aa is offline  
post #83 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-07, 03:01 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa
It's so nice and reasurring that Bell knows what is best for everyones vaction time. I guess all their employees only have time off in the summer months.
Totally an unfair spin. EVU gives you 6 consecutive months to use with the timing at your descretion.
Dean W is offline  
post #84 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-07, 03:08 PM
aa
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 39
Dean W:

Not really my spin on it, I was just "quoting" EVUCSR. Sorry if it offended you.
aa is offline  
post #85 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-07, 03:21 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 69
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa
Dean W:

Not really my spin on it, I was just "quoting" EVUCSR. Sorry if it offended you.

Sorry you misunderstood me. The vacation policy is min 6 weeks to a max of 6 months (anytime of the year) with at least one month active service between vacation adjustment times.

Hope that clears it up.
EVUCSR is offline  
post #86 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-08, 06:13 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3
I am sure that if Bell had taken the time to explain it the way you (EVUCSR) has explained it I would have probably stayed, however this was not the case, they decided to treat me badly instead, in the past I have had no problems with the discontinuation of my service for the winter months, in fact after shutdown in September I would be calling in May to have the service reinstated, this has been going on for years.

With regards to their service over the phone I remember calling in on my cell phone to purchase a movie while in a camp ground only to be told that I needed to plug in my home phone and do this myself, I tried to explain that the cord on my phone was only five feet long and I was some 400 KM away from the wall socket, the answer I got I am not going to print since no one would believe it anyway, suffice to say I did not get to see the movie!

reneritter is offline  
post #87 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-08, 11:25 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa
Dean W:

Not really my spin on it, I was just "quoting" EVUCSR. Sorry if it offended you.
Not offended in the least, after all it is just TV, nothing more, nothing less. But, you took one line out of what EVUCSR wrote and ignored the part about vacation time being 6 weeks to 6 months ... IE not just winter ... anytime. EVU isn't telling anyone when to take their vacation.

If you are saying that EVU should have longer vacation time than 6 months, then your point wasn't clear in your post.
Dean W is offline  
post #88 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-08, 11:33 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 32
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVUCSR
Sorry you misunderstood me. The vacation policy is min 6 weeks to a max of 6 months (anytime of the year) with at least one month active service between vacation adjustment times.

Hope that clears it up.
for people in the real world what good does it do to have a minimum 6 week vacation/account suspend option. what person can take 6 weeks off work let alone afford to travel that long. i am not saying its never done, but for 99% of bev customers it is a usesless policy.

for a customer who pays $90 a month and then is lucky enough to get a 2-3 week vacation once a year - it would be good customer service allow them to save half a months fees once a year. We all know bell would never do this because it would require bell recognizing a real customer need.

Z
zcarguy is offline  
post #89 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-08, 12:43 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcarguy
for people in the real world what good does it do to have a minimum 6 week vacation/account suspend option. what person can take 6 weeks off work let alone afford to travel that long. i am not saying its never done, but for 99% of bev customers it is a usesless policy.

for a customer who pays $90 a month and then is lucky enough to get a 2-3 week vacation once a year - it would be good customer service allow them to save half a months fees once a year. We all know bell would never do this because it would require bell recognizing a real customer need.

Z
Does ANY TV provider, phone provider, etc allow you to suspend service for 2-3 weeks? I think their offer is pretty generous (6 wks to 6 months).
mac dude is offline  
post #90 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-08, 01:15 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac dude
Does ANY TV provider, phone provider, etc allow you to suspend service for 2-3 weeks? I think their offer is pretty generous (6 wks to 6 months).

not sure but all the same the policy still is pretty usesless of all but a very few. One thing i do know is I can suspend my auto insurance for 2 weeks, why not satellite, home phone etc. its not like they give us any breaks for being a longtime customer with constant service. if they are going to allow a customer to suspend service for 6 weeks+ why would they not allow a 2 or 3 weeks. I am not saying they should allow customers to supspend their account 5 times a year. Once or twice a year would be nice. I fail to see any logical reason besides the bells bottom line to make the minimum suspension 6 weeks+
zcarguy is offline  
Reply

Tags
cancel , dish , free , ota , signal quality

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome