Leaving BTV or got a Rant then post it here! - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-28, 06:52 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoe
Why would I need to do that?
to get your problem resolved...haven't you ever had to say "Pardon?" to your wife...sometimes, things get overlooked, and people forget, or make mistakes...a simple reminder will probably do the trick.

Panasonic TP42PX60, Yamaha DTS receiver, Mission 73 series speakers, 100% sweetness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-29, 09:52 AM
Q
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjeffer
to get your problem resolved...haven't you ever had to say "Pardon?" to your wife...sometimes, things get overlooked, and people forget, or make mistakes...a simple reminder will probably do the trick.

The same kind of mistake where Bell charged me $3 AGAIN! and then on top of that charged me for the $9.99 PPV movie I ordered even though I had 3 free?

That same kind of mistake?

My email was clear. I was not mumbling or talking to soft or there was no backround noise. There is no reason to resend. To me it is just another indication of how much they care.
post #48 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-30, 05:54 PM
Veteran

just resend it.

Panasonic TP42PX60, Yamaha DTS receiver, Mission 73 series speakers, 100% sweetness!

post #49 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-01, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoe
The same kind of mistake where Bell charged me $3 AGAIN! and then on top of that charged me for the $9.99 PPV movie I ordered even though I had 3 free?

That same kind of mistake?

Only $4.99 ppv are considered in the credits. You rent an adult ppv or special event, and you will be billed for it.
post #50 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-01, 11:10 PM
Q
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVUCSR
Only $4.99 ppv are considered in the credits. You rent an adult ppv or special event, and you will be billed for it.

The credits I received were for $9.99 max. They did not include adult programming as you stated. That was made clear to me. I did not order an adult movie. After keeping me on hold what felt like hours. They said anytime you get credits you get charged for the movie and then get credited the next month.

The whole system is backwards IMO but I said fine......whatever. If I do not see a refund of my 2X $3 and $9.99 + tax for both next month then I am disconnecting all my receivers, my phone line, my internet and cancelling my CC. They will have better luck getting money from a stone. Contract or Not. They broke the contract a long time ago when they completely #$%ed the software on these machines.

Joe
post #51 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-01, 11:59 PM

Exclamation

Here's a new rant...I had the theme pack 7 combo with a 2700 and 3100....I recieved an unsolicated email stating I could get a pvr for 125.00 after credits...I called and said I wanted to take advantage of this promo+buy a HD reciever + take out the max subscription....The reply was NOpe for new customers only...I was a little pissed.....I asked if the difference in price 175.00 was worth losing my business....No reply!!! So instead of having my cel, internet, tv business.I cancelled it all, and took it all to Rogers.....Rogers sure bent over backwards to satisfy me....When I called bell to tell them they simply replied with we shut tv off in 30 days................I guess they must have too many customers and really don't need the business.....When rogers launches thier phone service later in the summer that business will flip as well....
post #52 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-02, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnit
Here's a new rant...I had the theme pack 7 combo with a 2700 and 3100....I recieved an unsolicated email stating I could get a pvr for 125.00 after credits...I called and said I wanted to take advantage of this promo+buy a HD reciever + take out the max subscription....The reply was NOpe for new customers only...I was a little pissed.....I asked if the difference in price 175.00 was worth losing my business....No reply!!! So instead of having my cel, internet, tv business.I cancelled it all, and took it all to Rogers.....Rogers sure bent over backwards to satisfy me....When I called bell to tell them they simply replied with we shut tv off in 30 days................I guess they must have too many customers and really don't need the business.....When rogers launches thier phone service later in the summer that business will flip as well....
Bell actually loses money on the receivers. Keep in mind that "these great deals" the new subs get also involve a 2 year contract. If they sold the receivers to existing subs who don't have contracts at the same price, they'd be taking a big risk. Who's to say you might buy the receiver at the price they have for new subs with a 2 year contract, and then cancel your service 2 months later. In January of this year, Bell lowered the price of all it's receivers for existing subs by $100.00, so even if you buy a receiver at the prices for current subs, and then cancel a month later, Bell still loses money on the sale of that receiver.

Last edited by EVUCSR; 2005-05-02 at 06:16 AM.
post #53 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-02, 10:01 AM
Q
Veteran

Does Bell have no confidence in there products? When you have an excellent product........why cancel?
post #54 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-02, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVUCSR
Bell actually loses money on the receivers. Keep in mind that "these great deals" the new subs get also involve a 2 year contract. If they sold the receivers to existing subs who don't have contracts at the same price, they'd be taking a big risk. Who's to say you might buy the receiver at the price they have for new subs with a 2 year contract, and then cancel your service 2 months later.
Then they should offer existing customers the option of signing a two year term if they aren't on a term or completed any existing term, same as cell phones. I remember when I first signed up, it was a fantastic deal, something like $100 dollars off, and $100 in programming credits so I'm not complaining, but most existing customers don't seem to remember getting a deal.

G M
post #55 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-02, 10:46 AM

I just found out the trick to getting a CSR who actually speaks english and not some slaughtered version of english with a swahili accent...... press #2 for french

Crispy
post #56 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-02, 09:40 PM
kev

Last week I decided I was going to get rid of my cable, and after having good sympatico internet for a few months, was ready to give Bell lots of my business. I was going to bundle, Internet, Cell Phone, Expressvu. VIOP when it comes. So a week ago I order it all up, week goes by yet to recieve anything so for a giggle I call in to see what is going on. Noone seems to know anything about my order and after 3 hours on the phone, the figure out what the problem was and the order was actually put in this time. Date for install would be May 2. So on about April 29th I call just to double check everything is fine after the first time, and the guy says its all ordered, but the date for install has been pushed back to the Friday since someone forgot to click that I needed the multiswitch. Fine, I can live with it, I am pissed yes, but things happen. Then the next day someone from the install dept calls here and says there is an opening again on Monday if I am interested. Sounds good, so I agree. So today comes, which I turned down working overtime at double time which is 54$ an hour, cause hey, an they are coming to put my dish in today. So I sit, and I wait. 8am-12pm.. Was the time frame. 3PM comes around and I finally call, to hear, oh we could not get anyone out today. So we need to rebook to May the 12th.. May the f'ing 12th? I turn down lots of money, noone calls me to tell me this, and now they would like me to wait 10 more days while I already cancelled my cable? Manager is calling me back tomorrow, and if they cannot get someone here that day to get this in, there goes alot of business for Bell.
post #57 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-02, 11:05 PM

Kev unfortunatley this happens a lot. Twice for me. first the boxes weren't in, then rescheduled. Did get a call no boxes (installer called). Rescheduled to Saturday (by Bell). Installer called Friday nite - no prob what time Saturday. Saturday morning installer doing the work, second installer called said they could not make it today.

Am I getting new Sony?
post #58 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-02, 11:08 PM
kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battscrew
Kev unfortunatley this happens a lot. Twice for me. first the boxes weren't in, then rescheduled. Did get a call no boxes (installer called). Rescheduled to Saturday (by Bell). Installer called Friday nite - no prob what time Saturday. Saturday morning installer doing the work, second installer called said they could not make it today.

Thanks, lets me know what to expect..
post #59 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-03, 09:46 AM

I find my only complaint, and I may be very lucky, is I hate the channel order after the big restructure. It bugs me to have to scroll through, or jump over the block of PPV's at the 350's, then have to jump over all the adult channels, before getting to the HD channels. I'm no prude, but when the whole family is sitting around looking for something to watch, it can be embarrassing to have those titles show up.
post #60 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-05-03, 10:14 AM
Veteran

I cancelled my ExpressVu giving 30 days notice. They charged me on my next bill for another month so I waited for the following bill to see the offsetting credit. They credited my programming, but not the System Access charge. Its only $2.99 + tax, but its the principle.

Yesterday I phoned and was on hold for 1 hour and 23 minutes!!! They never picked up and I had to leave so I hung up.

As a result, I am now cancelling my land line with Bell and will never, ever give them another penny.

Bell, you are the most F'd up company I have ever dealt with - EVER!

Tags
cancel , dish , free , ota , signal quality

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in