Leaving BTV or got a Rant then post it here! - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-23, 12:44 PM
Q
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjeffer

Thanks DJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-23, 01:44 PM
rob

Angry Leaving expressvu

I am moving to a new building which I can't have expressvu. So I called today to have the service cancelled on May 4th... Well, apparently you have to give 30 days notice when leaving. So they are soaking me for another month's service! No chance I will EVER return to bell after this. They can take their dish and shove it!

Rob

P.S. Shaw gave me free installation, $200 per receiver and free service (including interent) for 3 months.

Last edited by rob; 2005-04-23 at 06:21 PM.
post #33 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-23, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
I am moving to a new building which I can't have expressvu. So I called today to have the service cancelled on May 4th... Well, apparently you have to give 30 days notice when leaving. So they are soaking me for another month's service!

Rob
Rob this is how Bell as a whole works on everything if you are giving them more money, it is immediate, if they are going to lose money they want 30 days notice! Bell Mobility just lost my business two days ago and it is the same thing. The also wanted to charge me all these upgrade fees when their phone stopped working. When I called yesterday to cancel...all the sudden these fees could be waved! Well it was worth the difference to pay the buyout and get away from BellMobility aka Bellcrappy. Figure my net cost was about $100 with everythign factored in.

My wife works for a bank (also another bank I deal with) and there is nothing but complaints about Bell, but when you pay off the CRTC/Liberals you can do anything you want! Hopefully the Conservatives get into power and put some real competition in this country and get rid of the useless CRTC (Canadian Rights To Corporations only!).

Alt

Last edited by Altaman; 2005-04-23 at 03:00 PM.

post #34 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-24, 08:30 PM

Most if not all cable/satellite companies do this. You can yell and scream but your next supplier will probably do the same thing.

Last edited by hugh; 2005-04-26 at 08:47 AM. Reason: remove unecessary quoting - please don't quote previous post in its entirety
post #35 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-24, 08:33 PM

Yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaman
Rob this is how Bell as a whole works on everything if you are giving them more money, it is immediate, if they are going to lose money they want 30 days notice! Bell Mobility just lost my business two days ago and it is the same thing. The also wanted to charge me all these upgrade fees when their phone stopped working. When I called yesterday to cancel...all the sudden these fees could be waved! Well it was worth the difference to pay the buyout and get away from BellMobility aka Bellcrappy. Figure my net cost was about $100 with everythign factored in.

My wife works for a bank (also another bank I deal with) and there is nothing but complaints about Bell, but when you pay off the CRTC/Liberals you can do anything you want! Hopefully the Conservatives get into power and put some real competition in this country and get rid of the useless CRTC (Canadian Rights To Corporations only!).

Alt

Thats all we need!! The NotsoConservatives running this country.
post #36 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-26, 01:30 AM

about the 30 days notice, I'll explain with the example of a good customer

mr.X subscribe on april 15th so his bill goes from the 15th to the 14th of the next month.

mr.X as always been paying his bill on the due date, a few years down the road mr.X believe he should get a mind of own and decides to cancel is brainwashing tv service. Since mr.X did his homeworks he calls in on the 15th of the month saying that he wants to cancel his subscribtion, after giving hell to the deactivation guy and passing through the maze of saving offers he gets his disconnection but with a 30 days notice.

But there's a dilemma mr.X receives a bill a few days later (or sooner) charging him for the 30 days perdiod where he doesn't receive services. In all his wiseness mr.X knows that Bell will reverse the charge on his account at the end of that 30 days notice so he just ignores the bill.
post #37 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-26, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

note to Bell CSR's: See first post.

post #38 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-26, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxv_csr
I'll explain with the example of a good customer.

mr.X subscribe on april 15th so his bill goes from the 15th to the 14th of the next month.

But there's a dilemma mr.X receives a bill a few days later (or sooner) charging him for the 30 days perdiod where he doesn't receive services. In all his wiseness mr.X knows that Bell will reverse the charge on his account at the end of that 30 days notice so he just ignores the bill.
LOL!!!

Oh my god... So Mr bxv_csr. If your bank charged you for your mortgage after you switched to another bank, do you sit back and wait for them to reverse the charge? I didn't think so... my god, this is the most rediculous thing I've ever read from a Bell Employee here.

"A good customer is one who doesn't read their bill, and leaves us alone."

Hell, I work for a telco and I KNOW that Bell Canada doesn't follow your "good customer" policy themselves!
post #39 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-27, 06:34 PM

Well you've just got to love this insanely bad customer service....

Let me rant at ya a while, here's what happened.

I signed up for a 2 year rental contract on January 1st of this year. In the bundle that I got was "6 free months of premium movies".
When i got the first bill I saw the $19.00 charge for the premium movie package so i of course called in to let them know. They assured me the credit was in going to be applied, and told me not to worry.
The next bill comes, and it's another $19.00 with no credits applied so I again call. This time they tell me the credit hadn't been applied correctly, and they wil put it through ASAP for me.

A month passes with us recieving no bill at all..

I just recieved another bill, and guess what... no credit, and $80.00 overdue. So now i'm pissed right off, i call up and ask what's going on. The CSR says the she will add the 6 free months of premium movies starting May 1st, a $25.00 credit, and $15.00 in ppv credits. Now that is the biggest slap in the face, they've charged me for 4 months of it, then offer to give me the 6 months free starting now. I refuse, and ask to speak to a superviser.

Ok now this isn't a lie, she said "If you want to speak to a superviser, I can try, but then i won't be able to offer you those $25.00 and $15.00 credits and i doubt you'll be able to talk to them."

I waited on hold for most of an hour on and off, and was never connected to a supervsier.

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this out and out fraud?
Finally she said she put through a $76.00 credit to the billing department (the exact same thing i had been told the previous 3 times) and i had them turn off the premium channels so at least I won't get charged anything more.

I have no doubt that this credit will not be applied on my next bill, so does anyone have any ideas on what i could do? Seems to me that the system is designed to make these sorts of mistakes. How can we get someone held accountable?

I'm considering filing a fraud complaint with the RCMP
post #40 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-27, 07:35 PM
Veteran

just fire an email off to the address i posted above.

no need to get bent out of shape about it...there are more important things in life to worry about...the executive office will fix it for you.

Panasonic TP42PX60, Yamaha DTS receiver, Mission 73 series speakers, 100% sweetness!
post #41 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-27, 08:25 PM
aa

Quote:

no need to get bent out of shape about it...there are more important things in life to worry about...the executive office will fix it for you.
OMG....I just had to reply to this. Three months and you say not to get bent out of shape! I am truely at a loss of words to describe your attitude regarding BEV's billing practices. All I know is I best stop before I even get worked up about it and then regret something I say.
post #42 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-27, 09:24 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
...the executive office will fix it for you.
...Perhaps....Here's a link to a posting on another forum about my co-worker's experience with ExpressVu customer service...."ExpressVu Made My Co-Worker Cry At Work Today" http://www.canadian-tv.com/forums/sh...=&fpart=1&vc=1

DirecTV 1994-98...StarChoice/ShawDirect 1998-
post #43 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-27, 10:31 PM
Q
Veteran

Quote:

I'm still waiting for a reply from them.
post #44 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-28, 12:20 AM
Veteran

if you don't get a response back within 48 hours, send it again, letting them know this is the second time you are sending it.

Panasonic TP42PX60, Yamaha DTS receiver, Mission 73 series speakers, 100% sweetness!
post #45 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-28, 11:39 AM
Q
Veteran

Quote:
if you don't get a response back within 48 hours, send it again, letting them know this is the second time you are sending it.
Why would I need to do that?

Tags
cancel , dish , free , ota , signal quality

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in