Leaving BTV or got a Rant then post it here! - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-09, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean W
"6) Trying to get ppl to buy PPV for sports programming (Boxing) at $50 when the same programming is available south of the border and is included in the programming packages."

Only time HBO Boxing for example appears on PPV is when NO CANADIAN station will purchase the rights to it. It is the promoter/owner of the TV rights that decides to put it on PPV.
Right:

So give me HBO and that will be cured

Alt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-09, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quivox
One of the things that bothers me is that there is no way to search for individual channels or programs like I was able to do on Shaw Cable. Is there any plan to change this?
There is a search function if you press the # button.
post #18 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-10, 10:41 AM

Cool Bell ExpressVu, Wadda Rip!!

My wife called Bell ExpressVu to cancel my service due to a rate increase and a better deal with another carrier. At first they did the Retention song and dance of "why are you cancelling", and "We can give you 2 free months".

After my wife declined and advised the rep that we are not interested in that and would like to cancel, she placed her on hold for 10 minutes. Only to come back and state that there is a 30-day cancellation notice required. I quickly reviewed my manual and found no such thing. On top of that, it states that they will discontinue service within 2 business days of the request (Page A-8 in the 3100 manual) and are responsible to any charges up to the date of termination.

At that point, my wife stated this and after an exchange, I told her to get a supervisor on the phone of which I took over. I spoke with Ann the supervisor which tried to sell me the same thing. I told her that was not the agreement I signed up for and that the bill is charged a month in advance. She then told me it wasn't. I read the billing cycle to her. The day was Feb 5, 2005 and I stated the billing cycle is from Jan 26 - Feb 26. Therefore we are being charged a month in advance. She quickly changed direction on that.

She then proceeded to tell me that the policy changed in Dec, 2003. I told her that this policy change was not corresonded to me. She stated that all the customers were notified. I guess I'm not a customer and so are numerous others I have spoken with that never receieved this supposed notice. I advised her that I will pay for service rendered as agreed to in the agreement I signed up for. She then stated that service will be terminated on March 4, 2005. I told her to cancel it now (Feb 5, 2005). She then ended the conversation with "Do you have anything else other than the 30 day policy? I ended it with Cancel the Service Now and hung up the phone. Stay Tuned.

Cory D, N.B.

I Corresponded with the CRTC and they forward my complaint to Bell Canada. I get a letter stating that Bell ExpressVu reserves the right to change their policies at any time. I don't have a problem with that. They also stated that they will notify via mail, bill, or website. Here's the dilema....they do not have that on their website and they did not notify us in anyway. This seems to fall on deaf ears as I have stated in the complaint, to the CSR rep and to the manager. Go figure.

post #19 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-10, 11:13 AM

Hi Cory:

That is the same way as Bell mobility works...they think they can do anything they want and the customer can just suck it up. Last year Bell mobility had a problem with their new billing system and never sent out bills for like 3 months. Needless to say they never notified us as to their being any problem and when they did finally start billing again, between the wifes and my phone we owed over $300.

I called Bell and complained and they said that they were not charging interest on it (so kind of them), but I now had $300 extra as I pay my bills each and every month when the bill is received. Needless to say in December I will be cancelling both my wifes and my cell accts with Bell and going back to Telus, who by the way are rated the best of the cell phone companies. If I am not good enough to be notified of this MAJOR problem, they are not good enough for my business.

BEV+Bell Mobility+BGM = Consumers mean nothing

Alt
post #20 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-10, 12:15 PM

My 1 year contract with BEV is up at the end of July. I will wait until the end of June to cancel my account before going back to SC now that the HD PVR is a reality. I've had enough of the 6100 problems. Even my wife is getting annoyed. I called and got the same song and dance about "there must be something wrong with your setup" line. I fully expect BEV will try to make my life miserable when I cancel. Hopefully they will surprise me and be gracious about it like SC was when I cancelled my account with them last year.
post #21 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-10, 12:44 PM

I actually went to Rogers. I got such a good deal with them and so far in the two months we have used it, had no problems. Even got a PVR rent free just for saying "Here, take this crap Bell ExpressVu box".
post #22 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-10, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaman
Hi Cory:

That is the same way as Bell mobility works...they think they can do anything they want and the customer can just suck it up. Last year Bell mobility had a problem with their new billing system and never sent out bills for like 3 months. Needless to say they never notified us as to their being any problem and when they did finally start billing again, between the wifes and my phone we owed over $300.
Alt,

Went through the same thing here. Everytime we get a Bell Mobility bill as well, it is always wrong. The first three months of our service on two phones was supposed to be free. It was not. We have another account for one of the kids and her bill was on the wrong plan.

I added up the problems over the first 6 months of billing and Bell overcharged us by some $300. Everytime we get a bill in, I have to call to get them to rectify the bill. One more overcharge and we will be doing battle in court over their 2 year contract because I'm not going to put up with it any longer and go back to Telus.

Simply the worst company to deal with ever IMO.
post #23 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-12, 11:40 PM

I got my third bill from Bell and not a thing changed!!!

They had the nerve to charge me interest for not paying my bill. I told I wouldn't until they credit my account!!! I'm calling them tomorrow.

Starchoice releasing HD/PVR soon...
post #24 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-13, 12:33 PM

As mentioned before Bell will not sell to existing customer

I have Sympatico, Bell long distance, and Express Vu 3100. I get the bell newsletter via email - I got an offer to get the PVR 5920 for $100.00 after credits.

I put in an order ONLINE and "after we have reviewed your account you are already a subscriber" we can not sell the 5920 to you call express vu at their toll free number. The 5900 is not listed as an item for sale online. They only list the 5920 complete with the dish.

Jim Willis - Barrie
post #25 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-13, 12:55 PM
Q
Veteran

Bell is only giving discounts to New subs. Existing customers.....no matter how loyal get NOTHING.
post #26 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-21, 08:10 PM

Thumbs down bye bye bell

After 7 yrs of bell I am finally getting rid of it ..before bev started I was loyal waiting for it for almost a yr...but numerous delays forced me to go to DTV..after two yrs I switched to Bell...now after all this time I have had enough of sim-subbing and a lack of original programming and rising costs........but mostly sim-subbing.....Bev was very good in the beginning but now after being treated like a criminal (as bev reated most customers for a while) and my rates going up steadily it is time to get off this crazy ride.....I want more access to more channels not more ethnic crap..bell continues to tie up bandwith with foreign channels..not english speaking channels..My advice to Bell ..stop trying to please everyone and move your business model more like DTV..please your core customers they will eventually pay the bills....... not niche channels.

one thing about sim-subbing many will say, that is not a Bell problem, but a CRTC problem and I would agree, but Bell is my provider and they will lose me as a customer for it, not some Mandarin in Ottawa..if you want change you must undertake it on behalf of your customers not take from them all that the law allows, to increase your bottom line.Don't get me wrong I believe strongly companies should make a good profit.
Once Bell has you as a customer, they do not try to keep you as one and that is their downfall...I predict bell will belong to someone else in less than 5 yrs or go Bankrupt.
Well time to end my statement and go...... the big crook is on CBC telling us all how wonderfull he and his party are!
But it is like S**T you can dress it up and paint it and make it pleasant to smell but it is still S**t
post #27 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-21, 08:24 PM

I am pretty much done with them as well. My 3100 has been freezing up a few times every hour. I have called Bell three times and each time they tell me to do the same thing (menu 6,1,3 software version blah blah blah). The third call seemed promising, he was going to try and have a replacement 3100 sent to me, but the call was disconnected and he never bothered to call back.

My 3100 is out of warranty and I don't mind buying a new one, but I don't want to buy one just to test to see if it is the problem. Why can't they just send me one to try and bill me if it is the problem?

BTW - This problem began right after I installed the new cards.
post #28 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-22, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Tried to get a replacement reciever today for my 5100 which was acting up.

After 12 minutes being shunted around typing my phone number in three times, saying my phone number and pin number three times, I cancelled my account.

post #29 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-22, 11:10 PM
Q
Veteran

5200 problems...then can't call......then can't email

This is ridiculous. I am at my wits end with Bell. Now my 5200 is getting 0 min. recordings. Then I call bell and even though I called the bundle line which is supposed to quick......I went through to the EV tech. To get disconnected. I tried to use the web and email them but I keep getting a error message saying I pressed back in my browser which I didn't and my message was deleted from there server.

Anyone have an email address I can send my complaint to?

Thanks

Joe
post #30 of 2633 (permalink) Old 2005-04-23, 09:19 AM
Veteran

[email protected]

Panasonic TP42PX60, Yamaha DTS receiver, Mission 73 series speakers, 100% sweetness!

Tags
cancel , dish , free , ota , signal quality

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in