Missing Channels - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-05, 04:29 PM
Rookie

missing channels

called again as they sent 4 cards to try and get 9242 box working ,has internal smart card that can not be pulled out to replace with new one .they are screwing people around to see how much they can save.profits of 700 million for 3 months.sat side lost 26000 customers,makes you wonder how much they really want to keep sat business going.they lost 38000 the quarter before.at this rate something has to give.sending out new boxes im told last week told same thing ,they sent cards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-06, 05:54 PM

On my 6131 converted to PVR, I noticed I am missing A & E which is 1 of my 10 for $20 add on to the starter pack. I am not going to do anything since I am PVRing a lot of shows, none on the A&E channel. I will try it later on.

Just another box affected.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-07, 07:37 AM

Well... I had no luck yesterday with them. Another hour on the phone and still no resolve. Another promise by them to get a case manager to call me back. This is the third time, been waiting since last Wednesday for a so called 24hr call back.

What I really cant stand is that every time I call I have to start from the very beginning. These guys are programmed to try and get you to reset your boxes. Same line every time..."Sorry for inconvenience sir.. I will try to do what I can for you"

Now awaiting another call back to day. I will not hold my breath.

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-07, 08:40 AM

Have you tried removing your receiver from your account and then adding it back? That worked when I was missing channels. If that does not work and you want action from Bell go on the website and find the place where you can make a complaint. After submitting a complaint someone will call who can actually make things happen. In my experiences bell takes these complaints very seriously. They gave me a $250 credit for what I went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by 57; 2018-05-07 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-07, 11:06 AM

Yes I have tried all of the resetting.. and then some from their end.. no luck.

I don't see anything on their site where I could file a complaint. Where do yo look under??
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-07, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
I don't see anything on their site where I could file a complaint. Where do yo look under??
https://support.bell.ca/Resolve-a-concern

Last edited by 57; 2018-05-07 at 12:20 PM. Reason: QS
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-07, 01:11 PM

Thanks, will give it a try.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-07, 01:59 PM
Rookie

missing channels

Bell has to replace the receivers they damaged with there update.keep the pressure on threaten to go to crtc,or cancel service the
bottom line is there only concern,they know they caused the boxes to lose the chanells they want to not pay for as many customers as possible, call every day if you have to.

Last edited by bill in poco; 2018-05-07 at 02:01 PM. Reason: mistakes
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-08, 07:56 AM

Finally got a call back from a "Case Manager" last night, and luckily it was someone coherent and on this side of the world!!

All of a sudden they know all about the issues with the missing channels. She said it is a problem with many older receivers. She will be sending me a new card for the 9242 because she said there are no boxes to replace them. But... for the 6131's they will be sending me a box with a new card. I asked what model she would be sending and she replied the same 6131.

Why not just send me a card and I will just place it in my 6131 i said.... Apparently she cant send me just a card, but needs to send the entire receiver with the card. Doesn't make sense...but whatever fixes this mess is fine with me.
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-08, 01:21 PM
Rookie

missing channels

giovanni does your 9242 have card in it now, or is it internal,if internal they will have to replace the box.they sent me card for mine did not work.box needs to be replaced,
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-08, 01:39 PM

No it did not have any card until now, placed it in the slot and then had to call to activate it. Now all of the missing channels came back, TSN, SN, WGN, etc..

Still waiting on the receivers to replace the 6131's.

You have to be careful because the card they sent was specific for that 9242 and only that one!
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-09, 03:48 PM
Rookie

missing channels

They sent me cards for the 9242 box with internal chip ,called to activate bell could not, said they need to send new box with card.your telling us they sent you a card for a 9242 with a internal chip and card worked interesting,makes me wonder why mine didnt.update got mine working just had to talk to someone at bell that has a brain.they are unbelieveable untrained unqualified workers.

Last edited by bill in poco; 2018-05-09 at 10:48 PM.
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-23, 07:56 AM

I can now officially say that all channels are back to normal.

My 9242 got a new card, and the 6131's were replaced with their refurbished ones, with new cards. All had to be activated and my old boxes were sent back to them.

It took about 6 weeks, and umpteen phone calls...
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-05-31, 06:41 PM
Rookie

My 6141 was replaced by Bell very promptly even though it was out of warranty so I guess we now know the reason. An expensive undertaking for sure!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in