Returning rental HD PVR, what does Bell expect back? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2017-08-05, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
gn2

nevermind.

Last edited by gn2; 2017-08-06 at 03:15 AM. Reason: I guess I'm just not a patient enough person to communicate electronically. Sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2017-08-05, 09:42 PM
Veteran

This info is a bit dated but reflects my experience. When asked, Bell will send a box with a return shipping label. There will be a fee that will pay for the return shipping cost. They usually just want the PVR itself and the original remote or remotes back. If it's a 9242, it was probably supplied with 2 remotes. If it's a unit they no longer support, they may not even want it back so it's worth a call to ask.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2017-08-06, 01:43 AM

OK, I am curious ? Just what exactly is this "defunct model" of HD PVR that you have been renting for 8 years ? I am struggling to recall any "defunct model" that would have been working recently that has NOT been swapped out by Bell TV for a newer model, especially under a Rental Scheme. The 9200 is AFAIK the ONLY HD PVR that has ever gone "defunct" in the history of Bell TV and that model was swapped out, free of charge by Bell for a 9242 or a 9241 & 5900, to ALL customers, Rental Or ORS (Out Right Sale).

To answer your question, all they require is the Receiver and Remotes. If you look at the address label, it will not be going to Bell anyway, or I doubt it very much, it normally goes to a company that will refurbish and repair receivers. When the package arrives at the detination, the Serial Number is scanned, removed from the "Active Receiver Database" and also therefore your account and that is it. 99% of the time, the remotes are thrown straight in the garbage, as Bell have no way to repair/re-sell used remotes.

EDIT;

OK, I see that earlier in the year you were asking about and were troubleshooting a 9242, that is NOT a "defunct model" if this is what you are referring to as such, because, believe it or not, there is still a stock, albeit a small stock, of the 9242's as refurbished receivers and so it might be that if the receiver you are sending back is a 9242, it could be refurbished and put into that stock pile.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2017-08-07, 04:33 PM
Veteran

The 9242 or possibly a 9241 are the only working HD PVRs I can think of that might be 8 years old. I don't think the 9241 supports an RF remote so it's likely a 9242. A 9200 would likely be over 10 years old and would have been replaced by Bell. The shipping fee I mentioned would be for returning an customer owned receiver. A rented receiver would most likely be shipped back free of charge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in