Fibe TV App For Satellite TV - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 2016-12-08, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Arrow Fibe TV App For Satellite TV

I received a letter in the mail today saying that satellite customers will now have access to the Fibe tv app. The downside is that the satellite PVR app will be discontinued by the end of December. I have no experience with the Fibe app, I hope that it works ok.

EDIT by Dr.Dave: Threads were merged from Fibe TV and Bell Satellite forums. Please use this thread to discuss using this app for Satellite customers.

Here is the thread for Fibe TV customers:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-...ompatible.html

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2017-01-20 at 11:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 2016-12-08, 09:19 PM

I wish that it would come to Fibe TV here in the Atlantic Provinces. The FibreOP remote app works but this would be better !
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 2016-12-09, 08:17 AM

Aren't the Fibe TV app and Satellite PVR app for completely different purposes?

Doesn't the Satellite PVR app allow you to schedule and manage recordings on your PVR remotely, while the Fibe TV app (which I've used a few times) allow you to watch Fibe TV on a PC, tablet or smartphone?

post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 2016-12-09, 09:58 AM
Veteran

The Satellite Remote PVR app from Bell has not worked for me in like forever and im guessing by the google play store reviews its been like that for other people as well. So it's no surprise they are discontinuing it. I too got the notice in the mail so I will wait and see when the Fibe TV app becomes available to us and I will also be curious to know if it will allow us to remotely manage and schedule recordings, for now we won't know untill then.
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 2016-12-09, 01:59 PM

For those that received the letter - did Bell provide any more details?

Both Fibe TV and satellite apps allow users to schedule and manage recordings on the PVR.

The Fibe TV app also allows users to stream certain live channels and on-demand content. Satellite customers use the Bell Mobility app to do the same thing.

The Fibe TV app also allows users to use their mobile device as a remote control for the PVR/STB. I wouldn't be surprised if this feature continued to be exclusive to the Fibe service.

Note: I'm not a user, so I hope the above info is all correct.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-12-09 at 04:44 PM. Reason: typo
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 2016-12-09, 03:32 PM
Veteran

I'm a Satellite user, so because of this, We had one seperate app to manage recordings, that was the Satellite PVR App, thats all it was good for just setting and managing recordings but it has not worked in years. And another app to watch Live TV and On Demand shows, that is the Bell TV App (Not the Bell Mobility App). It would be nice to have an all in one app that does everything, I guess we have to wait and see.
Dr.Dave and filipo like this.
post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 2016-12-09, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Here's a copy of the letter. Sorry for the crappy scan. https://www.dropbox.com/s/acn4w6klk1...ed%29.pdf?dl=0
Dr.Dave likes this.
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 2016-12-09, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
And another app to watch Live TV and On Demand shows, that is the Bell TV App (Not the Bell Mobility App).
I was a little off on the name - it's the "Bell Mobile TV" app which is used by either satellite or Mobility customers.

Based on the letter, it looks like the Bell Fibe TV app will be used for viewing live channels and on-demand. It's strange that the letter doesn't mention anything about managing scheduled recordings, unless they've given up on that feature for satellite PVRs.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2017-04-17 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Typo
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 2017-01-02, 11:40 AM
Rookie

Hi - sorry I tossed out my letter. Over a 60 minute conversation with Bell last night they said that the Fibe app will not work, not sure why the letter was sent out. Basically told me they were wrong. Unable to get the Fibe app to work for me at all. Anyone have any luck?
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 2017-01-02, 01:50 PM

@Irishmanshaner The letter doesn't say when in 2017 the Fibe TV app will work for satellite clients. I just checked the Fibe TV Android app on the Google Play Store and it hasn't been updated since Oct.

I think the main purpose of the letter was to let people know that the Satellite Remote PVR app would stop working in Dec.

I had saved the scan from post 7 and converted it to text (note that a few spots of the scan weren't clear, so I marked them unreadable.) In the future you may be able to quote the "6598_A1EX_ROC_EN" code at the bottom of the letter - some companies keep track of these form letters so the reps can look them up and know what the customer is talking about.

Quote:
The Fibe TV app will soon be available ...(unreadable)

As part of our commitment to bringing you the best service possible, we ...(unreadable)
experience. As a Satellite TV client, you will soon have access to the Fibe TV ...(unreadable)

The Fibe TV app will offer new exciting features, including:
  • More channels — access more live and on demand channels on your tablet, smartphone and now on your computer
  • Easy access to content — access shows and movies quickly and easily from the home page, which includes favourites, popular on demand shows and new releases
  • Access favourite content — bookmark your favourite live channels and on demand content
You'll be able to enjoy the Fibe TV app in 2017. The Satellite Remote PVR app, which currently lets
you set recordings, will no longer be available as of December 28, 2016.

If you have any questions or wish to add, modify, cancel or extend your services, please call us at 1 888 759-3474.

Shawn Omstead
Vice President
Products and Services

6598_A1EX_ROC_EN_003568
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old 2017-01-14, 02:11 PM

Anyone hear of any updates?

Am I getting new Sony?
post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old 2017-01-14, 06:26 PM

I am a satellite customer and we were able to watch many channels on our computers but now can only do that on tablet or cellphones. W can watch 6 networks on our computers but that is all.This service disappeared in early spring. I am hoping this new app will allow us again to watch all our channels on our computers.
post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old 2017-01-16, 12:30 AM

I downloaded the Fibe TV app on my Android tablet so I would get a notification when it was updated (I'm not a Bell customer.) I just got the notice today, even though the update is dated Dec. 13, 2016 (Version 2.7.5229.) Here's the info from the Google Play Store:
Quote:
For Fibe TV clients in Ontario and Quebec and Satellite TV anywhere in Canada.

WHAT'S NEW
• Bell Satellite TV clients can now enjoy the app.
• New "Where to watch" indicators so you can see which devices and networks you can use to watch your tv content.
• Bug fixes, including issue where the app frequently asked for location update.
Quote:
Enjoy practically everything you love about your TV service on your tablet and smartphone. Watch live and on demand content on the device of your choice, at home and on the go.

Fibe TV clients:
- Watch over 500 channels on all your devices.
- Turn your mobile devices into a remote control for your TV.
- Seamlessly transfer what you’re watching from your tablet to your TV or resume what you’re watching on TV on your mobile device.
- Search programming easily using a full keyboard.
- Easily see and access shows trending live.
- Set, manage and delete recordings from anywhere.

Satellite TV clients:
- Watch over 225 live and on demand channels on on all your devices.
- Browse the programming guide and on demand library right on your mobile device.
- Search programming easily using a full keyboard.
- Create your favourite channels list for easy access to your favourite live channels.
- Continue enjoying On Demand content you started watching right where you left it.

Requirements:
- Available for Bell Fibe TV clients in Ontario and Quebec and for Bell Satellite TV clients in Canada.
- Available on unmodified OS.Versions 4.2 or newer.

To learn more:
Fibe TV clients: visit bell.ca/fibetvapp
Satellite TV clients: visit bell.ca/tvapp
EDIT: I think the above link for Satellite TV points to the old app. My understanding is the Fibe TV app should work for both types of customers, but I can't test it since I'm not a customer.
The Apple app hasn't been updated yet.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2017-01-16 at 01:18 AM. Reason: added more info
post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old 2017-01-16, 08:44 AM
Veteran

Oh my goodness. I just tried it yesterday and it was not working so after reading this post I upgraded the app and gave it a try and wow it works beautifully. Im a satellite customer.
Dr.Dave likes this.
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old 2017-01-16, 09:12 PM

It doesn't appear to have been updated on ios yet. I'm receiving an "Account not supported" message when trying to login on ios.

Last edited by crhiles; 2017-01-16 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Tags
fibe tv , satellite tv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in