Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

BellTV Channel Discussion Thread

182K views 503 replies 98 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Is there a high demand for this? I know for me weather is a tablet, phone, PC thing not a TV thing.

I am all for HD channels and weather information, but don't see TV as the means for this moving forward.

Unless it was a part of the receiver OS that could be activated.

Just don't feel the demand is high for this (anymore).

#11 ·
The video on demand is currently in Beta testing and will only be available on 9241 and 9400 model receivers. It is not Crave TV content. It is movie network on demand, Global TV on demand, History channel on demand, etc. To make the video on demand work, you need to have your receiver connected to the internet, be part of the Beta testing at this time.

#9 ·
Here's a quote from a Bell Media press release that I posted in the CraveTV thread.
CraveTV will also be offered on select Bell Satellite TV set-top boxes in early 2015.
The streaming will actually be done over the internet, not satellite.

I would guess that they would have a video-on-demand interface that would allow you to choose the show that you want to watch.

#15 ·
Here is a post that has been put up on various sites relating to the WWE Network and Bell:

The WWE Network deal that Rogers finalized with Bell Canada officially starts on January 15th, and is expected to increase subscriptions for the digital service as Bell customers have reportedly requested the WWE Network in droves.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

#13 ·
CraveTV™ for Satellite

the following message is available on Bell's website:

Fibe TV customers
You can access CraveTV™ content on your TV with the On Demand service, on your smartphones and tablets with the Bell TV and CraveTV™ apps as well as on your computer.

Satellite TV customers
You can only access CraveTV™ on your smartphones and tablets with the Bell TV and CraveTV™ apps as well as on your computer.

therefore,it seems like it won't be available on Satellite TV.at least not soon..

#19 ·
I think Bell's bandwith is maxed out. I don't see them adding any new HD channels without first dropping other HD or SD channels. The WWE Network doesn't interest me. I haven't watched wrestling in years. At $11.99 a month The WWE Network is priced a little steep for most people.

#26 · (Edited)
Accord to the guide(at least on Fibe)that Royal Rumble event is scheduled on their VU PPV channel. The funny thing is I've read multi wrestling sites now stating this deal, YET? I have not seen any "Official" press release from Bell Media or Rogers Media stating that a deal has been signed or if they'll carry it.

Until I see an "Official" press release from Bell Media this whole issue with Bell carrying the WWE Network is only "Rumor" and may not be true?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.