Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell Satellite Free Preview Discussion

288K views 733 replies 123 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
Any Free Preview Channel ?

Does anyone know if some are up now or others coming soon ?

thank's

kovalev :)

#10 ·
The ONLY place bell reliably provides this info is at the top of your bill where they announce promotions and previews. Channel 230 occasionally lists lineup changes and channel previews but hasn't listed anything lately.

My only other suggestion besides checking back on this site for general channel launch announcements that usually always show up here eventually is to just check your EPG and look for channels with (INFO) in the programming description.

There is NO one website from Bell that specifically lists free preview channels like what you're looking for unfortunately.

#21 ·
Is the "independent films channel" also on free prevew? If so, it looks to be a variation on the "if a tree falls in the forest" theme, i.e. is a channel really on free preview if you can't tune it in? In particular, IFC is channel 330, but none of my receivers (9242, 9200, two 6100s) show channel 330 in the on screen guide. Same deal as TSN2 - see:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=105089&highlight=tsn2

Not sure I can be bothered to call Bell to get a channel for a few weeks that I doubt I'll watch/subscribe to. Annoying, nonetheless.

#16 ·
I may be wrong about this but I just noticed this morning that Action is a "free preview until Oct 31st?" I've had it in my custom list forever so anyone know what's going on? Is this something like the Scream switch to Dusk (which annoys the hell outta me).
Its just that: Free preview (obviously for those who don't have it already) for the Month.

No change in format anticipated.