Telus will distribute Bell satellite TV in Alberta and BC - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 2009-08-08, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I asked a supervisor what they were willing to do for me before closing my account, and to quote them exactly, they said, "absolutely nothing sir, you'll be back".
It would have been great if you had recorded this call.

Customers can get companies to improve by holding a mirror up to their poor business practices and then publicly commenting on it (usually with biting humour, not hostility) -- especially when done on twitter and popular blogs.

Bad PR usually hurts, but most of us just grumble about it on a forum that no one seems to pay attention to. Real proof (recordings of calls) and a place to organize and hilight all the compaints/problems (so people don't have to wade through tons of forums) could be a useful effort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 2009-08-09, 04:51 PM

Bell and Telus go hand in hand. Two companies that know nothing about customer service, its all about the almighty dollar and how poorly you can treat the people that pay their wages.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 2009-08-10, 07:38 PM

I have had Bell Mobility for 6 years now and have been an off and on subscriber of Bell TV and I must say that I have always had good customer service. I see a lot of people always talking bad about Bell, but the reality is, if you don't like it look elsewhere.

As for the customer service agent who said "Absolutely nothing, you'll be back, that is ridiculous!

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 2009-08-25, 10:41 PM

Confirm which Bell receivers will work with Telus Satellite?

There was mention of Telus using the 6131 and 9141 receivers re-branded, and the 6000 and something else.

Can anyone confirm which Bell receivers will work with Telus? I'm considering switching from Shaw, esp. if I can get the Win Back promotional pricing, but would need additional receivers and would love to be able to buy someone's used Bell receivers rather than renting from Telus.

Thanks!

R0cc0
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 2009-08-26, 05:11 AM

I'm pretty sure the 6131 and the 9241's are the same receivers being used and the only? The 6000 units won't work because they're not able to handle the format the HD is coming in or something like that.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 2009-08-26, 08:01 AM
Rookie

You cannot add a Bell receiver to a Telus account.

As stated, the ONLY receivers are the 6131 & 9241.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 2009-08-26, 11:25 PM

Does anyone know if Telus TV is selling their IRDs or are they exclusively renting them?

Are there any SDTV options with Telus Satellite TV?
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 2009-08-26, 11:55 PM

Yes, both the 9241 and 6131 can out put sd 480i.
You only need subscribe to sd channels.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 2009-08-27, 11:43 AM

I went by the Telus store, and they informed me you can buy instead of rent. They provided me a brochure and in the brochure it states that the HD PVR receiver is $499 and the HD receiver is $199
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 2009-12-12, 04:06 AM

Hey Guys I just got telus satellite and I was wondering if I could pick up a Bell TV 4100 Digital Satellite Receiver and use it with the telus satellite?

EDIT: sorry i just read a few posts above and got my answer.

Tags
bell , satellite tv , telus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in