Five HD channels added to the Shaw Cable line-up

Shaw Communications announced this morning that it has added five new high definition channels to its Western Canadian line-up, Space HD, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD, Bravo HD, and BNN HD.

The five new channels will be on free preview until January 30th for all Shaw Digital HD customers.

Digital Forum members report the channels began showing up in their electronic program guides yesterday. For most Shaw areas, the channels are located between channels 247 to 251.

A representative from Shaw tells Digital Home that some areas of British Columbia and Edmonton will not be be getting BNN HD and Animal Planet HD until Shaw has completed it’s Digital Network Upgrade (analog tiers converted to digital) in those areas.

Last month, Shaw added two new HD channels – Family HD and Disney XD HD – which are in free preview until January 10, 2012.

Discuss Shaw Cable offerings including the new channels in Digital Home’s Shaw Digital Cable forum.

Comments

8 Responses to “Five HD channels added to the Shaw Cable line-up”
  1. Adam says:

I wonder why it takes cable companies so long to add HD channels. I understand the conversion to digital set them all back but that should have bee complete years ago. Just another reason I am happy to subscribe to and work for DISH Network. They have always been all digital. They have had a ton of HD channels for a while now. Personally, I just upgraded to HD last year. It was so easy. Just a phone call and a tech visit to install some new HD equipment and I was good to go. With DISH I have over 200 HD channels. That is more then any other company carries, including Time Warner. While the other companies struggle to catch up, I will stick with the leader of the pack.

2. Alan says:

I’d wish they would add MuchMusic already.

3. Richard says:

BNN and Animal Planet unwatchable where I am ( victoria)..constant breaking up of video and
    audio signal. Thanks Shaw..maybe you need to spend some of that money you are making on upgrading your network because right now it stinks.

• Anonymous says:

that’s probably unique to you, not the area. Usually old lines in the ground, or bad splitters in your house. This is digital, not analogue. it the signal isn’t clear, it’s broken.

Call shaw and have a tech come check your lines and connections. They can connect it to a meter and figure out what the problem is. There’s no way the channels just don’t work in your region.

A

4. Mike says:

Shaw I watch 148(NBA TV Canada) when will you guys get it in HD like everyone else??? come on get with the program SHAW!

5. kimmer says:

cannot get Space channel HD to work but all others do. Ref code is S0a00 channel will be available shortly. All other channels crisp nand clean so what gives?

6. Anonymous says:

When will we get RDS in HD

7. Cathy says:

Are they only free until the end of January?